Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- lsclerkin said Confession Stations Holy Mass (TLM) rosary Holy Ho...
- Philippa Martyr said PS I note with approval that the comfy chairs have...
- Philippa Martyr said A restoration, not a wreckovation! Huzzah! People...
- frjim4321 said Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quotes the Joh...
- pannw said His book, Human Sexuality, suspended all moral jud...
- Mike said Couldn’t use the popup in either IE or Chrom...
- Obumbrabit said Plugin got stuck so I downloaded it, but even that...
- Obumbrabit said I am listening every day. Thank you Father.
- benedetta said Bryan D. Boyle, yes, it’s hard to know where...
- friarpark said This. Is. Fantastic.
- Gemma said Beautiful! I love this order of priests. Wherever...
- mrshopey said I hope he meets with them, alone. If any need hea...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Benedetta said: “How very sad.” My res...
- SophiaGrace said Listening, via the plug-in. Thank you, Father. Yo...
- SophiaGrace said Listening! Thank you, Father.
- majuscule said Thank you Chicken. I’m glad you took the tim...
- mburn16 said “And the altar rail couldn’t be extended sid...
- Laura R. said I have Firefox and it stopped part way through. T...
- majuscule said I got to thinking… Right now the Fishwrap™ h...
- OrthodoxChick said Masked Chicken, Wow! That was awesome! When I fi...
- Magpie said Sick liberal minds.
- Wiktor said Angie Mcs: look closer. There *is* a gate (opened...
- pattif said The Tablet’s editorial this weekend takes th...
- JamesM said Father, what are your views on St. Patrick’s...
- benedetta said How very sad.
- Gerard Plourde said I guess that the author of the letter didn’t...
- RichR said P.S. As a singer in a schola, I just noticed the...
- Amy Giglio said Perhaps Mr. Halligan and people who think like him...
- Amy Giglio said Perhaps Mr. Halligan and people who think like him...
- Angie Mcs said Father, beautifully and respectfully expressed. If...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: June 2010
A sign that things are changing.
Younger priests are starting to open up dusty old cabinets, looking for treasures.
On NLM I saw this. Happily they posted also an English translation of the original German.
The Vestment Treasury of Niedermünster
The … Continue reading
This is the traditional season in Rome for speculation about retirements and appoints to curial offices.
So this comes from Vatican Radio:
(28 Jun 10 – RV) Pope Benedict announced the creation of a New Pontifical Council dedicated to the New Evangelization … Continue reading
When the Italian team returned to Italy from S. Africa, they were all dressed in black.
Via The Catholic Spirit and Catholic News Service this about the increasingly strange L”Osservatore Romano on Italy’s World Cup disaster.
Vatican newspaper weighs in on … Continue reading
Tomorrow is a great day for the Roman Church and the Catholic Church throughout the world.
Because tomorrow is an important feast, Holy Church has designated a vigil. And vigils were always times of restraint and penance in preparation … Continue reading
From my email:
Dad’s quick comeback A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car. His father said he’d make a deal: ‘You bring your … Continue reading
Did you see this communique from the Holy See Press Office about the meeting of Benedict XVI with Card. Sodano and Card. Schoenborn?
I was about to work up a translation and then I found a note from a reader that … Continue reading
Biretta tip to rogueclassicism, which directed me to an article about how the people in Pompeii died during the famous eruption of Vesuvius. There is a scholarly article called "Lethal Thermal Impact at Periphery of Pyroclastic Surges: Evidences at Pompeii" … Continue reading
At the Italian site Fides et Forma, Francesco Collafemina has posted photos of supremely ugly churches.
I mean… reeeeealllly ugly.
This church is called Santa Monica. I don’t think St. Monica or her son would be amused.
And another view….
Well.. not, that … Continue reading
From CNA about POTUS’s SCOTUS’s nominee:
Rabbis say Kagan not a ‘kosher’ Supreme Court nominee
Alexandria, Va., Jun 27, 2010 / 06:13 pm (CNA).-
According to the National Rabbinical Alliance and its more than 850 Orthodox Jewish members, Supreme Court nominee Elena … Continue reading