Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Actually, as Father Z knows (I am not correcting h...
- Kate said When I enter a church that I am unfamiliar with an...
- HighMass said Jim in Seattle says: The Israelites were 40 years...
- Jim in Seattle said The Israelites were 40 years in the desert. It is...
- Bthompson said Maybe this has been mentioned, but… The rite...
- Andrew Saucci said After examination, my reaction to this is simply t...
- jameeka said 1) I love the manner of the Consecration in the fi...
- Boniface said I genuflect towards the tabernacle WHEREVER it is...
- Lin said On occasion, we attend a church where the tabernac...
- Boniface said frjim4321, you said it was not “moderateR...
- Boniface said Mark Twain was a nom de plume, not an author. Hah....
- gramma10 said Perhaps people need to really, really know, unders...
- excalibur said Pope Francis Approved Synods Controversial Mid-Ter...
- gramma10 said All I can say is that St. Ignatius de Loyola must...
- Traductora said Well, since the Pope is a Jesuit…and not the...
- CatholicMD said I hope a future Pope suppresses the Society of Jes...
- frjim4321 said Atra, it is my charming personality that made you...
- mburn16 said “I fully recognize the validity of both̶...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Sorry I went down a huge side tangent there. Frjim...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said @frjim4321 I still remember a few years ago really...
- frjim4321 said Oh, BTW, Huckleberry Finn was a character, not an...
- frjim4321 said “Anyone who can read Latin will know just ho...
- Robbie said Two wonderful videos! I’m so glad more and...
- Kathleen10 said Negative Nellie, reporting for duty. I don’t...
- Traductora said The fantasy of a “non -institutional Church&...
- Rob22 said SimonR, the mystery is that, after 30 years of su...
- Elizabeth D said I do not have any problem with this. Am I supposed...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said @Discipula: I’m not even 30yrs old yet and I...
- Emilio said frjim4321 – The new ICEL translation is real...
- Tim Ferguson said “widespread damage caused by the current Eng...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: June 2010
A sign that things are changing.
Younger priests are starting to open up dusty old cabinets, looking for treasures.
On NLM I saw this. Happily they posted also an English translation of the original German.
The Vestment Treasury of Niedermünster
The … Continue reading
This is the traditional season in Rome for speculation about retirements and appoints to curial offices.
So this comes from Vatican Radio:
(28 Jun 10 – RV) Pope Benedict announced the creation of a New Pontifical Council dedicated to the New Evangelization … Continue reading
When the Italian team returned to Italy from S. Africa, they were all dressed in black.
Via The Catholic Spirit and Catholic News Service this about the increasingly strange L”Osservatore Romano on Italy’s World Cup disaster.
Vatican newspaper weighs in on … Continue reading
Tomorrow is a great day for the Roman Church and the Catholic Church throughout the world.
Because tomorrow is an important feast, Holy Church has designated a vigil. And vigils were always times of restraint and penance in preparation … Continue reading
From my email:
Dad’s quick comeback A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car. His father said he’d make a deal: ‘You bring your … Continue reading
Did you see this communique from the Holy See Press Office about the meeting of Benedict XVI with Card. Sodano and Card. Schoenborn?
I was about to work up a translation and then I found a note from a reader that … Continue reading
Biretta tip to rogueclassicism, which directed me to an article about how the people in Pompeii died during the famous eruption of Vesuvius. There is a scholarly article called "Lethal Thermal Impact at Periphery of Pyroclastic Surges: Evidences at Pompeii" … Continue reading
What’s going on with you? What is your good news?
At the Italian site Fides et Forma, Francesco Collafemina has posted photos of supremely ugly churches.
I mean… reeeeealllly ugly.
This church is called Santa Monica. I don’t think St. Monica or her son would be amused.
And another view….
Well.. not, that … Continue reading
From CNA about POTUS’s SCOTUS’s nominee:
Rabbis say Kagan not a ‘kosher’ Supreme Court nominee
Alexandria, Va., Jun 27, 2010 / 06:13 pm (CNA).-
According to the National Rabbinical Alliance and its more than 850 Orthodox Jewish members, Supreme Court nominee Elena … Continue reading