- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- ClavesCoelorum said God save Germany. This sort of thing is (I feel) o...
- Elizium23 said Interesting observation about Knights of Columbus...
- Marc M said I feel the same way about the sculpture “The...
- Hans said Ah, I see it now! And I thought it was Jesus suf...
- wcampbell78 said Here’s what I found with an image search on...
- Doc Angelicus said wcampbell78, thanks for saying that – those...
- Doc Angelicus said “When therefore you shall see the abominatio...
- EoinOBolguidhir said …should read “their confusion of cenob...
- wcampbell78 said My first impression (from the distance shot) was a...
- Cathy said Every year there is a clarion call for EMHC’...
- anilwang said Perhaps Eastern Catholics/Orthodox has a solution...
- Supertradmum said oops should have written “a blasphemer̶...
- Austin Catholics said On any given Sunday, how many divorced and remarri...
- Supertradmum said God is Beauty. God is not ugliness. Sin brought ug...
- tcreek said Shouldn’t this be a concern? In 2005 Joseph...
- Margaret said Why has this clear-cut issue become so muddied rec...
- Bosco said “Setting aside some rare fact patterns that...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z aptly observes, “This should go on a b...
- EoinOBolguidhir said Consider that this might be an overture to the sep...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] Carol Glatz, CH Pope: The ‘eed of Eternity H...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] – E. Pentin Pp. Francis: A Church With...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] Francis on Advent: A Journey To a Horizon of...
- msc said If you would be good at it, I urge you to consider...
- Priam1184 said @Ellen What you described (taking Communion to th...
- Charivari Rob said To the original poster, I would say “Definit...
- Priam1184 said Lol Father are you sure that it isn’t obliga...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Ambrose Jnr, Whew! I was trying to think how to as...
- mjb99na said Magpie: I would caution against a rush to judgment...
- jacobi said Good for Prof Peters, some straight talking at las...
- Nathan said Thank you, Father! I will remember your intention...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: June 2010
Did you see the Partial Lunar Eclipse?
I saw on Spaceweather that a photographer in Australia, Geoff Sims, did, and shot some photos. He put them together to show the outline of Earth’s shadow!
Technorati Tags: eclipse, moon
From the Daily Telegraph comes this strange story
Jesus did not die on cross, says scholar
Jesus may not have died nailed to the cross because there is no evidence that the Romans crucified prisoners two thousand years ago, a scholar … Continue reading
From a reader:
At my parish’s Extraordinary Form Mass this morning, the priest, I think accidentally, used the readings and prayers for the Sixth Sunday after Pentecost instead of those for the Fifth Sunday. Did this affect the validity of the … Continue reading
Let’s have a look at this week’s…
COLLECT – (2002MR): Deus, qui, per adoptionem gratiae, lucis nos esse filios voluisti, praesta, quaesumus, ut errorum non involvamur tenebris, sed in splendore veritatis semper maneamus conspicui.
… Continue reading
Did you know that Facebook only allows 5000 friends?
What’s with that?
Follow on Twitter, at least….
Also… I just discovered that I can create ads on my Facebook page. Who knew?
Some shots from the feeder.
The expert grape jelly eater.
A young male Oriole has found the bonus of a spider in his jelly.
Young make Red-Breasted Grosbeak.
A not so young male Red-Breasted Grosbeak.
A seriously annoying young Hairy Woodpecker, begging relentlessly.
More of the … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT we will drill into the Collect designated for the Memorial of soon-to-be Blessed John Henry Newman (+1890).
I have as a surprise, a guest appearance by Fr. Timothy Finigan, who will read one of Newman’s famous works.
We drill … Continue reading
Space Weather News for June 25, 2010
SPACE STATION IN CONSTANT SUNLIGHT: For the next few days, the International Space Station (ISS) will be orbiting Earth in constant sunlight. This sets the stage for a remarkable sky show. Because the ISS … Continue reading