Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- rosaryarmy said I’ve seen some awful translations on the Va...
- Uxixu said I wouldn’t agree with ‘public shaming&...
- Uxixu said I’ve so wanted to take Communion at the rail...
- LarryW2LJ said Thanks for the pointer, Fr. Z. Ordered some for m...
- Irenaeus G. Saintonge said Is it just me, or is this all getting rather absur...
- Spade said “DavidJ says: 1 October 2014 at 2:00 pm So,...
- DavidJ said Spade said: “The priest is the one who decid...
- Magash said As someone who was present in the silly season rig...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said APX wrote: “According to a priest from the F...
- mhazell said frjim4321: For a person to insist upon kneeling wh...
- Sam Schmitt said Antonin, So you’re saying that the Church...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Majuscule, Yes, of course it is. I’m sorry....
- JBS said Perhaps we can hope the Holy Father intends to beg...
- Legisperitus said Vere dignum et iustum est.
- The Masked Chicken said Okay, now I’m confused. Shouldn’t tha...
- acricketchirps said Geoffrey – That statement is both ludicrous...
- AvantiBev said Thanks Fr. Z. This comes at a very timely moment...
- The Masked Chicken said “According to a priest from the FSSP, even t...
- Nicholas said I am glad to read this after a hard test on Commen...
- Unwilling said Antonin Desolata, your grief at losing Infans in t...
- JesusFreak84 said I saw a subject line in my inbox about a candy bar...
- Mike Morrow said Certainly this is laudable. At my southern parish...
- dans0622 said The problem (or, at least a problem) here is that...
- Mandy P. said I got the email from the Mystic Monks about this c...
- wmeyer said Flavored coffees are…. distasteful. Coffee...
- Federico said The priest did not get several memos. Redemptionis...
- Muret said Dear Father: Here are a few facts thats I know fir...
- Mike said The use of the term communitarian as a defense of...
- Burke said It’s ‘Snickering Monk Candy Bar’...
- Geoffrey said “That priest does not believe in the Real Pr...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2010
I posted about the issue of the Hamster on the sidebar (yes, I actually wrote that sentence).
Now I read about another priest with a rodent problem: rats in the rectory (yes, I wrote that too and I can already hear … Continue reading
Benedict XVI has been engaged in a fight for the soul of Europe, but the scope of the war is far wider.
Catholics have a role to play.
I have often written about what I call Pope Benedict’s … Continue reading
I received emails today from readers who said that when they came to the blog, they received a "malware" warning.
To my knowledge there is no malware on the page anywhere.
The warning is coming because of the Hamster Cage widget … Continue reading
Action at the Feeder and elsewhere, today.
I believe this is new visitor. I think it is Brewer’s Blackbird.
I don’t think it is Common Grackle, because it didn’t have the purple and green sheen.
Not sure. Two, showed up one day … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have posted an excerpt of an interview with Archbp. Kurt Koch the new President of the Pont. Council for Christian Unity. Here is an excerpt of the excerpt, originally with Gaudium Press in Spanish.
Gaudium Press: These … Continue reading
It is nice to get feedback and news about readers.
From a reader:
Joe of St. Therese posted today, July 30, 2010, that he has been accepted by the Order of Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy. Joe posts here. Joe said on his … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, the great p.p. of St. Mary Magdalen in Brighton, has started an initiative which all priests of England and Wales should know about.
Go to read
Priests Open Letter in Support of Pope Benedict’s Visit
WDTPRS fully … Continue reading
Catholic priest found dead in Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico, Jul 30, 2010 / 02:02 pm (CNA/Europa Press).- Local authorities have reported that a priest, Fr. Carlos Salvador Wotto, was found dead at the parish of Our Lady of the Snows … Continue reading
The new Kindle from Amazon is coming. The price has dropped. The new Kindle will be released on 27 August.
There are two versions.
For $139 it connects with wifi and has a 6" display. Two colors. USA preorder HERE – UK … Continue reading
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR AUGUST
VATICAN CITY, 30 JUL 2010 (VIS) – Pope Benedict’s general prayer intention for August is: "That those who are without work or homes or who are otherwise in serious need may find understanding and welcome, … Continue reading