"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- frjim4321 said frjim4321, if you really are a priest, I hope you...
- Deacon Augustine said frjim4321, if you really are a priest, I hope you...
- thomas tucker said @pseudomod0: That is excellent!
- david s said ……Mystical rose, pray for us. Tower o...
- Eugene said @ fr. Jim I guess the orthodox EWTN is not good en...
- Wiktor said My former parish church has a laarge loft that I...
- Dave N. said Highlights again why Cardinals of the Church shoul...
- Fr_Sotelo said Although some are lampooning and ridiculing Voris...
- Mike said . . . (the available choices being absurd parodies...
- pac76 said St. John Paul II risked his life to become a pries...
- frjim4321 said As a rule LSN (hardly a real news outlet) twists w...
- Andrew said “… that’s an ideal but real life is messy an...
- Geoffrey said I have an entirely new respect for Mr Voris. Bravo...
- Janol said @Charles E. Flynn – I’ve seen many rep...
- Eugene said As a Canadian Catholic I am ashamed that this is a...
- benedetta said anna6, Your experience brings home that as soon as...
- aviva meriam said Well, THAT was Vacuous. Look, I understand itR...
- HeatherPA said Pray for our priests!!!! They too have to give an...
- HeatherPA said The Chicken, My husband is a cranky rooster. He as...
- anna 6 said The S+L interviewer and clerics who espouse the Ka...
- iPadre said “The lay people finally feel like their voic...
- Janol said Perhaps the Church is reconsidering exactly what s...
- Allan S. said Sounds like the only things that didn’t chan...
- Sonshine135 said When asked by the host to comment on Pope Francis,...
- Matt Robare said So not only did Jesus not mean what He said with &...
- Supertradmum said I am a ND girl, btw and was at ND same time as Vor...
- Supertradmum said Disappointed in Salt and Light, as I thought some...
- Mike said In what I suppose was yet another application of t...
- pseudomodo said Even though I have my doubts that ms Ambrosio has...
- Prayerful said If at a NO Mass, ‘us and our salvation’...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2010
First and foremost, thank you to all the readers who lately have used the donation button on the Feeder Feed posts. Your help is deeply appreciated. I’ll probably be coming back to you for something else that is shaping up, … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity
This comes from CNA:
Canadian Anglican Catholic group votes to unite with Rome
Vancouver, Canada, Jul 28, 2010 / 01:10 am (CNA).- With “overwhelming support,” a recent meeting of leaders in the Anglican Catholic Church … Continue reading
I received a press release that there is to be a major motion picture about St. Jose Maria Escrivá, the founder of Opus Dei. It will be directed by the man who made the movie The Mission. There is a … Continue reading
Sainthood cause of ‘snowshoe priest’ heads to Vatican
Marquette, Mich., Jul 28, 2010 / 03:27 am (CNA).- Following a four-month investigation, the Diocese of Marquette has closed its inquiry into an alleged miracle attributed to its first bishop, Servant of … Continue reading
I take my cue from the great blog of The Catholic Key, newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where Bp. Robert Finn has the reins.
The Catholic Key has focused our attention on the comment made by the spokeswoman … Continue reading
The NCR hits a new low.
Before we begin what is going to be a brutal evisceration of a deeply confused essay, we need a few points as a preface.
The literary form of this piece is "protest". The substance … Continue reading
I mentioned in yesterday’s Feeder Feed that the birds were eating like made.
Many of them are starting to gear up for migration. Some are going to nest.
Here is a shot of what is going on with Red-Breasted Grosbeaks, which are … Continue reading
It is hard to resist this story in the Independent.What the story does not report is that these are the very traditional Benedictines of the Abbey of Sainte-Madeleine who are associated with the monks of Le Barroux on the next … Continue reading
I haven’t posted about the feeder recently.
Before any other shots, I caught this little Indigo Bunting on the Z-Cam today.
A very wet oriole, not content with its usual feast on grape jelly, went after the suet cage.
The mature Orioles may … Continue reading