Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- acardnal said I suspect Philadelphia Archbishop Chaput will be e...
- sunnyside said There is also evidence that vocations to the jesui...
- Gregg the Obscure said In our Denver OF parish, attendance dropped sharpl...
- Gaz said Do I pray for the Pope in my daily prayers? When I...
- Nicolas Bellord said “as high as 83% favorable, the view many peo...
- Brooklyn said “Obama is figure of deep and increasing divi...
- Imrahil said Actually, by the way, I can’t help to have a...
- kurtmasur said I especially agree about different priests having...
- Genna said Congregations at my parish still divided into fami...
- Chon said Mass attendance seems about the same here. I haven...
- jacobi said What Francis has done is to make ordinary orthodox...
- Bea said There are 2 parishes in our town. Ours (the more t...
- Gratias said Pope Francis is divisive because He disdains tradi...
- Traductora said While the Eucharistic Minister types and other suc...
- Dangerous Influence of Transgender Ideology - BigPulpit.com said [...] – D. Abi Raad Prioress of Dominican Si...
- nola catholic said Is this Fr. Paul Mankowski, S.J. the same as wrote...
- MarkJ said Today and tomorrow are two of my favorite feast da...
- JMody said First, we have a parish that seems to fill the bui...
- zag4christ said I want to apologize for the what I have come to se...
- Thorfinn said The biggest change seems to be not among Catholics...
- disco said I actually have noticed an increase in attendance...
- Salvelinus said I have an observation that I’m very surprise...
- Chon said I forgot to say that, months ago, I voted for the...
- J_Cathelineau said In my parish the age average is increasing and the...
- Chon said Imrahil: Since “only God knows the hearts of...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said It turned out to be very hard to do what I thought...
- Mojoron said Reincarnate JPII or bring back BXVI. I’m sca...
- jfk03 said No “Francis effect” based on my limite...
- mysticalrose said I have witnessed no Francis effect. The primary re...
- ecs said While I think some of Pope Francis actions and com...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2010
First and foremost, thank you to all the readers who lately have used the donation button on the Feeder Feed posts. Your help is deeply appreciated. I’ll probably be coming back to you for something else that is shaping up, … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity
This comes from CNA:
Canadian Anglican Catholic group votes to unite with Rome
Vancouver, Canada, Jul 28, 2010 / 01:10 am (CNA).- With “overwhelming support,” a recent meeting of leaders in the Anglican Catholic Church … Continue reading
I received a press release that there is to be a major motion picture about St. Jose Maria Escrivá, the founder of Opus Dei. It will be directed by the man who made the movie The Mission. There is a … Continue reading
Sainthood cause of ‘snowshoe priest’ heads to Vatican
Marquette, Mich., Jul 28, 2010 / 03:27 am (CNA).- Following a four-month investigation, the Diocese of Marquette has closed its inquiry into an alleged miracle attributed to its first bishop, Servant of … Continue reading
I take my cue from the great blog of The Catholic Key, newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where Bp. Robert Finn has the reins.
The Catholic Key has focused our attention on the comment made by the spokeswoman … Continue reading
The NCR hits a new low.
Before we begin what is going to be a brutal evisceration of a deeply confused essay, we need a few points as a preface.
The literary form of this piece is "protest". The substance … Continue reading
I mentioned in yesterday’s Feeder Feed that the birds were eating like made.
Many of them are starting to gear up for migration. Some are going to nest.
Here is a shot of what is going on with Red-Breasted Grosbeaks, which are … Continue reading
It is hard to resist this story in the Independent.What the story does not report is that these are the very traditional Benedictines of the Abbey of Sainte-Madeleine who are associated with the monks of Le Barroux on the next … Continue reading
I haven’t posted about the feeder recently.
Before any other shots, I caught this little Indigo Bunting on the Z-Cam today.
A very wet oriole, not content with its usual feast on grape jelly, went after the suet cage.
The mature Orioles may … Continue reading