You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- JuliaSaysPax said I wasn’t at this Mass, but I was at the one...
- Bea said Offer it up, Father That “ugh” lady ma...
- VexillaRegis said Fr. Z said: “The woman next to me was so bizarre,...
- Jerry said The Sisters of Mary received the most popular vote...
- Ken.Hendrickson said > Fr. G wrote: > There is a sequel to this v...
- Ken.Hendrickson said This video is a great example of why, when I conve...
- LisaP. said Micah Mattix’s Prufrock just linked to a Bar...
- APX said You might, for example, hear that the Trinity is l...
- Mike said “Pope Benedict definitely did not think so –...
- Nancy D. said Although at the end of the Day, The Blessed Trinit...
- Patti Day said Father, Will you let us know how you like the new...
- Therese said “The woman next to me was so bizarre, so irr...
- kneeler said Latin rite / Novus Ordo priests … you CAN ce...
- PostCatholic said I met that lady on her outbound journey last week....
- southIndia said At the drop of a hat I can make a video comparing...
- Granny said MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!
- StJude said Yep.. still funny.
- MaximusXVI said Fr. Z, where are you headed now?
- maryh said First of all, I also like the Catholic concept of...
- Bruce said When I was younger I helped sail a few boats in Ha...
- JonPatrick said Supertradmum, you said what I was trying to say, o...
- Katylamb said Father, I understand about the Eastern Catholics a...
- boxerpaws1952 said rock concert or Mass?
- Tom in NY said Quaeritur: Why would the author not have used mitt...
- patrick.lynch said “Their hatred and condescension is sufficien...
- patrick.lynch said “I have no problem with this – as long as yo...
- Cincinnati Priest said janeway529: Thanks for posting the L.A. Religious...
- PatB said Carrying an umbrella means you are walking around...
- PatB said I hear plenty of mispronounced Latin from the alta...
- Supertradmum said I love sailing, but have not done so for years. Th...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Monthly Archives: July 2010
First and foremost, thank you to all the readers who lately have used the donation button on the Feeder Feed posts. Your help is deeply appreciated. I’ll probably be coming back to you for something else that is shaping up, … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity
This comes from CNA:
Canadian Anglican Catholic group votes to unite with Rome
Vancouver, Canada, Jul 28, 2010 / 01:10 am (CNA).- With “overwhelming support,” a recent meeting of leaders in the Anglican Catholic Church … Continue reading
I received a press release that there is to be a major motion picture about St. Jose Maria Escrivá, the founder of Opus Dei. It will be directed by the man who made the movie The Mission. There is a … Continue reading
Sainthood cause of ‘snowshoe priest’ heads to Vatican
Marquette, Mich., Jul 28, 2010 / 03:27 am (CNA).- Following a four-month investigation, the Diocese of Marquette has closed its inquiry into an alleged miracle attributed to its first bishop, Servant of … Continue reading
I take my cue from the great blog of The Catholic Key, newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where Bp. Robert Finn has the reins.
The Catholic Key has focused our attention on the comment made by the spokeswoman … Continue reading
The NCR hits a new low.
Before we begin what is going to be a brutal evisceration of a deeply confused essay, we need a few points as a preface.
The literary form of this piece is "protest". The substance … Continue reading
I mentioned in yesterday’s Feeder Feed that the birds were eating like made.
Many of them are starting to gear up for migration. Some are going to nest.
Here is a shot of what is going on with Red-Breasted Grosbeaks, which are … Continue reading
It is hard to resist this story in the Independent.What the story does not report is that these are the very traditional Benedictines of the Abbey of Sainte-Madeleine who are associated with the monks of Le Barroux on the next … Continue reading
I haven’t posted about the feeder recently.
Before any other shots, I caught this little Indigo Bunting on the Z-Cam today.
A very wet oriole, not content with its usual feast on grape jelly, went after the suet cage.
The mature Orioles may … Continue reading