Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Kathleen10 said I’m dying to know if you are traveling in Ro...
- kay said I’ve never had a problem with Genesis and 6...
- Andrew Saucci said Air travel these days borders on the inhumane, whi...
- kay said I know I won’t be giving to the churches an...
- Priam1184 said No offense Supertradmum, but the way one gets jamm...
- Supertradmum said Dr. Jay Boyd passed this around this week. Worth w...
- Supertradmum said I hate flying. I hate long trips. The new generati...
- Tina in Ashburn said The spread of the “errors of Russia” s...
- racjax said Napa Institute, right?
- OrthodoxChick said Cafea Fruor, I just read through a few of the poem...
- acardnal said That foot photo and your uncouth seatmates reminde...
- marcelus said I remeber this from when I was a kid. Israel pulli...
- KM Edwards said But hold on there … St Francis was a peaceni...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I hope to!
- Reconverted Idiot said Re: being a “European on the ground” f...
- Reconverted Idiot said Hmm, I take that second part back. I’m sorry...
- mabvet said Safe travels, Father. I like your reading materi...
- Reconverted Idiot said Supertradmum: “Reconverted Idiot, I was refe...
- jflare said danube, When I read postings like what you’v...
- acardnal said I expect you will be sipping some fine California...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said Seems we somehow misunderstood. I told that among...
- terryprest said The Latin Poems of Leo XIII: Done Into English Ver...
- robtbrown said In 1980 the diocese of Rochester had about 400 dio...
- Uxixu said How funny. I was just reading about Popes Leo XIII...
- Thomas S said [When shall we see his like again? Not anytime so...
- Bea said Wow, Cafea Fruor, watch there be a run on this boo...
- Cafea Fruor said I haven’t had the chance to read through all...
- Carolina Geo said At least when you’re flying Delta, you can h...
- SKAY said danube– My whole point is to say that the fo...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said LarryW2LJ: It was a bread-thing. I just call it...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of They people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
- UPDATE: 2013 Scalfari Interview now BACK on the Vatican website. Why?
- Great article in FIRST THINGS: Correcting Catholic Blindness. ACTION ITEM!
- 30 A.D. INTERVIEW OF SCALFARIUS WITH JESUS OF NAZARETH
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: July 2010
First and foremost, thank you to all the readers who lately have used the donation button on the Feeder Feed posts. Your help is deeply appreciated. I’ll probably be coming back to you for something else that is shaping up, … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity
This comes from CNA:
Canadian Anglican Catholic group votes to unite with Rome
Vancouver, Canada, Jul 28, 2010 / 01:10 am (CNA).- With “overwhelming support,” a recent meeting of leaders in the Anglican Catholic Church … Continue reading
I received a press release that there is to be a major motion picture about St. Jose Maria Escrivá, the founder of Opus Dei. It will be directed by the man who made the movie The Mission. There is a … Continue reading
Sainthood cause of ‘snowshoe priest’ heads to Vatican
Marquette, Mich., Jul 28, 2010 / 03:27 am (CNA).- Following a four-month investigation, the Diocese of Marquette has closed its inquiry into an alleged miracle attributed to its first bishop, Servant of … Continue reading
I take my cue from the great blog of The Catholic Key, newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where Bp. Robert Finn has the reins.
The Catholic Key has focused our attention on the comment made by the spokeswoman … Continue reading
The NCR hits a new low.
Before we begin what is going to be a brutal evisceration of a deeply confused essay, we need a few points as a preface.
The literary form of this piece is "protest". The substance … Continue reading
I mentioned in yesterday’s Feeder Feed that the birds were eating like made.
Many of them are starting to gear up for migration. Some are going to nest.
Here is a shot of what is going on with Red-Breasted Grosbeaks, which are … Continue reading
It is hard to resist this story in the Independent.What the story does not report is that these are the very traditional Benedictines of the Abbey of Sainte-Madeleine who are associated with the monks of Le Barroux on the next … Continue reading
I haven’t posted about the feeder recently.
Before any other shots, I caught this little Indigo Bunting on the Z-Cam today.
A very wet oriole, not content with its usual feast on grape jelly, went after the suet cage.
The mature Orioles may … Continue reading