- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Matt R said HighMass, I believe he does, though I suggest you...
- kpoterack said “But my question is: what’s the fuss about?...
- LadyMarchmain said Lisa, StJude, BenKenobi: We are all in the same b...
- Bob B. said Since federal law doesn’t want to be discrim...
- Priam1184 said @The Chicken: You’re right, I could care le...
- notenoughflair said Curious that this comment came up right about the...
- CatholicMD said The Pope is going to have to start to clarifying s...
- Vecchio di Londra said I think it might transform the NO for the better i...
- HighMass said What a great Interview…..for a Cardinal who...
- Magash said Just saw the head of the Chamber of Commerce infer...
- Priam1184 said Yeah Father, you can’t even see the water an...
- The Masked Chicken said “multiplying attacks on sports, on football&...
- Hans said @McCall1981 Not speaking about it publicly is not...
- McCall1981 said @ kpoterack Thanks for posting those links, they a...
- q7swallows said Oh, I just hit the play button from the main blog...
- q7swallows said I relish these, Father, although I cannot seem to...
- tcreek said If the link to Catholic Culture in my post above d...
- tcreek said Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics wou...
- Rancid said “To me, though, the whole thing is rather si...
- Ben Kenobi said “I frankly I don’t see how a remarried coupl...
- Ganganelli said I’m totally confused by this but sometimes i...
- Ben Kenobi said “They, i.e. e.g. the German bishops, do not...
- TheAcolyte said PS: there is no prohibition (or restriction) on a...
- OrthodoxChick said Praying for all of you here, and certainly, our de...
- TheAcolyte said It is clearly stated in all contemporary rubrical...
- The Masked Chicken said “The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfec...
- St. Epaphras said Another “two cents’ worth” by on...
- frahobbit said “But I say to you, that whosoever shall put away h...
- Ben Kenobi said “What about all those people who DID NOT get...
- Ben Kenobi said Father Z: I’m one of those folks who would s...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: July 2010
First and foremost, thank you to all the readers who lately have used the donation button on the Feeder Feed posts. Your help is deeply appreciated. I’ll probably be coming back to you for something else that is shaping up, … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity
This comes from CNA:
Canadian Anglican Catholic group votes to unite with Rome
Vancouver, Canada, Jul 28, 2010 / 01:10 am (CNA).- With “overwhelming support,” a recent meeting of leaders in the Anglican Catholic Church … Continue reading
I received a press release that there is to be a major motion picture about St. Jose Maria Escrivá, the founder of Opus Dei. It will be directed by the man who made the movie The Mission. There is a … Continue reading
Sainthood cause of ‘snowshoe priest’ heads to Vatican
Marquette, Mich., Jul 28, 2010 / 03:27 am (CNA).- Following a four-month investigation, the Diocese of Marquette has closed its inquiry into an alleged miracle attributed to its first bishop, Servant of … Continue reading
I take my cue from the great blog of The Catholic Key, newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where Bp. Robert Finn has the reins.
The Catholic Key has focused our attention on the comment made by the spokeswoman … Continue reading
The NCR hits a new low.
Before we begin what is going to be a brutal evisceration of a deeply confused essay, we need a few points as a preface.
The literary form of this piece is "protest". The substance … Continue reading
I mentioned in yesterday’s Feeder Feed that the birds were eating like made.
Many of them are starting to gear up for migration. Some are going to nest.
Here is a shot of what is going on with Red-Breasted Grosbeaks, which are … Continue reading
It is hard to resist this story in the Independent.What the story does not report is that these are the very traditional Benedictines of the Abbey of Sainte-Madeleine who are associated with the monks of Le Barroux on the next … Continue reading
I haven’t posted about the feeder recently.
Before any other shots, I caught this little Indigo Bunting on the Z-Cam today.
A very wet oriole, not content with its usual feast on grape jelly, went after the suet cage.
The mature Orioles may … Continue reading