You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Athelstan said As Ralph said, I think a switch would be PERFECT f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Gulielmus’ pictures are a strong rebuttal. I...
- benedetta said The photograph is emblematic of Obama’s atti...
- billy said @traductora – I served four years on active...
- EXCHIEF said Whether the POTUS as CIC has the authority to make...
- StJude said Obama is a narcissist. this is just another examp...
- Traductora said Billy, I’m assuming you’ve never been...
- Dan said This is being taken way out of proportion. The Pre...
- Clinton R. said I think this is another example of the resistance...
- catholiccomelately said Gee whiz, President Obama, hold your own umbrella...
- Will D. said Oh, for heaven’s sakes. Once again, this is...
- pjsandstrom said To Robertus Pittsburghensis I well know about the...
- Papabile said 1) I find it hard to believe it would have been an...
- Giuseppe said Agree with mandatory Latin in Catholic schools. I...
- ReginaMarie said Along these same lines (illustratione, illustratio...
- acardnal said 1) No service member is obliged to follow an illeg...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Father, Though an insufficinet Latinist to have...
- MichelleJehanne said My home parish has an OF Latin Mass every Friday....
- Papabile said There were plenty of times when I was in the Army...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Tossing out some odds and ends, subject to correct...
- Panterina said It could be a matter of interpretation of the Regu...
- Tradster said OK,I’m curious to know why G.I.Jane feminist...
- Geoffrey said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- billy said Much ado about nothing. Nobody knows more about th...
- Bob B. said In the Army, we couldn’t carry an umbrella e...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said pjsandstrom, It is a misconception that the Latin...
- McCall1981 said @ Joecct77 And they say its Nun of the VaticanR...
- L. said I’m no fan of the President, to say the leas...
- Fr Martin Fox said I appreciate the comments by those in the military...
- LarryW2LJ said And in the end, the President should remember that...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: August 2010
I hear there was recently another attempted ordination of a wymyn in Arizona.
Technorati Tags: women’s ordination
UPDATE: 1 Sept 17:52 GMT:
I see that England’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald has linked to this post. Perhaps you readers might reciprocate and contribute well-considered and respectful comments in the discussion over there as well.
I dunno… I need … Continue reading
In Faith Magazine there is an article about active participation in the liturgy. Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
‘With hearts and hands and voices’full, conscious and active participation in the liturgy
by Rita Thiron [Who is, I … Continue reading
A note to friends who also read this blog: I have had an email problem.
While on the road this weekend, my internet provider changed outgoing server settings. Result: I could not send anything out.
It took a while to … Continue reading
On domestic flights one of two things will fill my time.
I either fall more or less instantly to sleep – rather in the manner of Capt. Aubrey – or I read.
Todayen route I was able to devour … Continue reading
In a conversation with a friend today it became clearer and clearer to me how the Second Vatican Council’s document on liturgy, Sacrosanctum Concilium, is entirely the property of … on the side of the traditional/conversative argument.
The usual narrative which … Continue reading
I did a quick snapshot of some of the places you are when you come to visit WDTPRS.
I cut out the "unknown" and entries that were too vague, such as "Canada" or "Germany".
These are approximations of locations in many cases.
Metairie, … Continue reading
Have any good news for us today?
I was able to spend some time with friends in KC, MO, meet with Bp. Finn, and help a priest friend by taking one of his four Sunday Masses.
was so impressed by the proposed plans for the new Carmelite Monastery in Wyoming, that I decided to check out Mystic Monk Coffee and help them peddle some.
Pounds and Grounds and Compounds … Continue reading