- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- boxerpaws1952 said ATHEISM...
- boxerpaws1952 said discipulus says: 12 December 2013 at 5:42 pm For...
- Phil_NL said It will revolve around the third question, of cour...
- boxerpaws1952 said St Jude,i will be glad to pray for your son(a lot)...
- StJude said I am in my car all day so I cant get away from rad...
- Pope Sends Sign Language Message to Bishops - BigPulpit.com said [...] St. Etheldreda’s Pl Asian Bishops Enco...
- paulbailes said Bravo Lisa! (and StJude)
- StJude said Thanks Lisa for: “Folks, there is no one on...
- snoozie said how, oh how, does this POSSIBLY square with Matthe...
- Lisa Graas said I think I should offer my two cents as one who obt...
- msokeefe said Married permanent Deacons violate Canon 277. ht...
- McCall1981 said Are they talking about actually giving communion t...
- UncleBlobb said I am listening Father Z.! Thank you very much. I a...
- paulbailes said This sounds like the devil’s game plan 1967...
- Elizabeth D said I was inspired today by a Gospel witness in Syria,...
- Geoffrey said I think a serious renewal of the instituted minist...
- Bryan D. Boyle said @kellym: just finished watching that TG episode la...
- ray from mn said If “divorce and remarriage” are to be...
- Reliquary said I just hit “play.” Wonderful — t
- mburduck said And I will pay for the ammo and the range fees, to...
- Uxixu said Listened through the plugin on the post.
- Andrew Saucci said Well, if the lay people don’t need rubrics,...
- Netmilsmom said Father, you haven’t given us an option for &...
- HyacinthClare said I’m with you, Legisperitus. Not a clue what...
- Dan said Huh. I would have read that statement from Msgr....
- JeffK said That’s the optimistic scenario. Here’s...
- Obumbrabit said I listened through the plug in on the post.
- StJude said For my son.. he seems lost lately. For a personal...
- Sword40 said Got it!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless
- Sword40 said Sorry, Fr. Z. So far it’s a fail. Won’...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarriage. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 22 August 2010
Times have changed,And we’ve often rewound the clock,Since the Puritans got a shock,When they landed on Plymouth Rock.If today,Any shock they should try to stem,‘Stead of landing on Plymouth Rock,Plymouth Rock would land on them.
In olden days a glimpse of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today I attended a mass at my university and had a difficult experience with one of the Eucharistic ministers. I approached with my hands folded in order to receive a blessing (no communion for me this time), and … Continue reading
Via our friends at Rorate:
From Corpus Christi Watershed:
Award-winning filmmaker and Watershed staff member Eric Hinojosa has been living in Lebanon, working tirelessly to bring to fruition a documentary film about the Blessed Massabki Brothers, the Emir Abd … Continue reading
Several good things come together in this story from the Birmingham Mail.
Statue of Cardinal Newman to take pride of place during Papal visit
Aug 18 2010 by Jasbir Authi, Birmingham Mail
THE great nephew of legendary Birmingham author JRR Tolkien is … Continue reading
From a reader:
I write inquiring about the validity of my baptism at the SSPX.
I approached the Roman Catholic Parish in our area and inquired about this matter. The parish priest told me that i will be given a conditional … Continue reading