"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- msc said Father: you are guilty here of eliciting strong fe...
- msc said It’s a great shame that the marvellous, very...
- Netmilsmom said I’m so tired of the idea of asking Catholics...
- yatzer said Water buffalo? They have water buffalo in Italy as...
- The Masked Chicken said “Academics overwhelmingly support infanticid...
- yatzer said My dad was there also, about the same age at the t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said AnneTherese, “From reading the Gospels, it...
- wolfeken said Since commenters here are referencing the traditio...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Gabriel Syme, “Since the Second Vatican...
- Patti Day said Amazing footage. My dad was there. He would have b...
- sekman said That particular chasuble must have been frequently...
- ConstantlyConverting said “left the church for forty years without a w...
- acricketchirps said The only thing I think I would want to be sure of...
- Pat said In your free time, Father Z, you can listen to Car...
- ppb said Perhaps the wording on the sign could be different...
- Joel said Mary Jane “Mine is fast and yours is slow.
- Gabriel Syme said Sid Cundiff in NC, I only mentioned religious libe...
- Dr. Edward Peters said I agree with Fr. Z. Of course. And it’s stil...
- JesusFreak84 said OK, I want off this planet >.>
- Gabriel Syme said Sid Cundiff in NC, I only mentioned religious libe...
- JeremyB said The interviewer should have asked if the student t...
- Matt R said JamesM, follow the Ordo for the Extraordinary Form...
- roma247 said **sob!** OH! I’ve been fighting back the Ro...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Thank you for mentioning the name, Hosteria Consta...
- frahobbit said Ooops…thanks to Fr Z for that recall to grat...
- frahobbit said It is a good thing, and since this church doesn...
- frahobbit said @Southern Baron: The thought of NY’ers missi...
- Aryl said JesusFreak84: A Latin Rite Catholic can be a godpa...
- Legisperitus said Dear Chicken: It doesn’t even seem to prete...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z if you are ever itinerant and sleeping under...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 22 August 2010
Times have changed,And we’ve often rewound the clock,Since the Puritans got a shock,When they landed on Plymouth Rock.If today,Any shock they should try to stem,‘Stead of landing on Plymouth Rock,Plymouth Rock would land on them.
In olden days a glimpse of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Today I attended a mass at my university and had a difficult experience with one of the Eucharistic ministers. I approached with my hands folded in order to receive a blessing (no communion for me this time), and … Continue reading
Via our friends at Rorate:
From Corpus Christi Watershed:
Award-winning filmmaker and Watershed staff member Eric Hinojosa has been living in Lebanon, working tirelessly to bring to fruition a documentary film about the Blessed Massabki Brothers, the Emir Abd … Continue reading
Several good things come together in this story from the Birmingham Mail.
Statue of Cardinal Newman to take pride of place during Papal visit
Aug 18 2010 by Jasbir Authi, Birmingham Mail
THE great nephew of legendary Birmingham author JRR Tolkien is … Continue reading
From a reader:
I write inquiring about the validity of my baptism at the SSPX.
I approached the Roman Catholic Parish in our area and inquired about this matter. The parish priest told me that i will be given a conditional … Continue reading