"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- wanda said Prayers for your safe, smooth and quiet travels, F...
- SKAY said Have a safe trip home Father. Thank you for sharin...
- anniemw said Wow – considering that, barring sickness, wa...
- Supertradmum said opps changes not changed in last comment…
- Supertradmum said Those men look so young and were. God bless all wh...
- Supertradmum said There is a fancy restaurant here which has a Nutre...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, It does seem “a grand example of...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown writes, “The SSPX is dreaming of s...
- Charles E Flynn said Have a safe trip, Father. The author of the book y...
- Toan said On 52, I wonder what a vote of “placet”...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: The Dutch Old Catholic web...
- Venerator Sti Lot said aviva meriam, Whew! The things one hasn’t he...
- robtbrown said Sid Cundiff in NC says, 1. The Paschal Mystery is...
- Charlie Cahill said Makes one wonder who is running affairs at the Vat...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Have a safe and uneventful flight, Father! Be sure...
- The Masked Chicken said “Most polling I’ve seen shows that the youth...
- Liz said I love St. Peter’s at night! Prayers for a s...
- OdeM said @ Nomen. My observation and hypothesis. The priest...
- aviva meriam said Constantly Converting, I agree with you,…. e...
- Chiara said Father - When you travel overseas, Lufthansa is th...
- SophiaGrace said Prayers for safe, uneventful travels, Father. And...
- JonPatrick said It is my impression that “headcounts”...
- Gratias said Welcome back Father Z, we really need you. Yesterd...
- Urs said ‘What kind of god….?’(little g n...
- Clinton said “BTW … it sure took a long time to get...
- katholos said Frjim, I have attended the weekday Divine Liturgy...
- Venerator Sti Lot said acardnal, Thank you for the link! 22 November will...
- KateD said Here’s a video of college kids signing a a p...
- McCall1981 said I was surprised to read that Card Wuerl has appare...
- Luvadoxi said Nomen-it looks like there was a bit of a cut in th...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! All Souls’ Day Indulgences.
- My View For Awhile – Heading Home Edition
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: August 2010
From a reader:
I know this may seem a bit odd, but I was hoping to get your perspective on the U.S. GIRM 160, which states: "The norm for reception of holy Communion in the dioceses of the United States is … Continue reading
St. Augustine was born and raised in the North African backwater of Thagaste, in what is today northern Algeria. He studied in Carthage. He worked and was baptized in Milan. He returned to Thagaste.
How did he wind up what became … Continue reading
… you’ll see just about everything.
Brick by brick.
I have nothing else worthwhile to add to that.
Here is a change of pace.
A reader recently asked me about necessary cooking tools.
Among the several things which more obvious, good bowls are essential. Sturdy, heat resistant and in different sizes.
From CNA with my emphases:
Cardinal Comastri recounts how Mother Teresa saved his priesthood
Rome, Italy, Aug 26, 2010 / 05:46 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Archpriest of St. Peter’s Basilica remembered at Mass on Thursday how a promise he made … Continue reading
Earlier today, on and off, I had some real problems with use of the internet. Some sites wouldn’t load, and others would. I had particular problems with loading anything from a Google search.
Did you have this experience? Did something happen … Continue reading
I just received the very first edition of the Say The Black – Do The Red "New Roman Missal" edition coffee mug.
It is slightly different from the standard edition in that I not only add the obviously added text, I … Continue reading
From a reader:
We have a new pastor, and I am trying desperately to acclimatize myself to his liturgical style. I’m wondering which things I should be concerned about and which I should just deal with.
1. When he give his … Continue reading