- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- discens said Imrahil. D’accord. And ‘accept’...
- robtbrown said Gabriel Syme says, The Society only represents the...
- Imrahil said … in all that is not against Faith and Consc...
- discens said Imrahil. Whatever the Pope as Supreme Pastor decid...
- Imrahil said And those who manage to acquire a fully lawful dis...
- discens said robtbrown. As I understand it the Pope has univers...
- Martlet said It is gorgeous. I wish we could afford one since...
- Kathleen10 said Interesting discussion, all.
- Phil_NL said Pray, and be prayed for. But also use reason: give...
- andia said You said we should stock up on hosts, candles and...
- robtbrown said Gabriel Syme, The FSSP is/was not a splinter of...
- AVL said Diocese of Las Vegas Bishop Joseph Pepe http://dio...
- Charles E Flynn said Prominent lexicographers asserting that marriage i...
- vandalia said In the interest of clarity, note that when Dr. Pet...
- cdet1997 said It’s beautiful. And most important, there...
- robtbrown said Imrahil, I wrote here some time ago that it had al...
- Suburbanbanshee said Oh, and of course it’s always good to pray a...
- robtbrown said Discens, Are you saying that you agree that Prim...
- Suburbanbanshee said I suppose there are fewer and fewer “airport...
- Pigeon said The common answer to a lot of these questions is s...
- Ignatius said Justice Scalia has said, time and again, that he t...
- Thomas Stewart said As nothing has been yet done to the vocal proponen...
- Pigeon said I got redirected just now from wdtprs.com main pag...
- raitchi2 said Dr. Peter’s writes, “CLSA Comm. 932, n...
- The Masked Chicken said Oh, please. With Dr. Who you can have dinosaurs a...
- Auggie said I can envision a novel, akin to Greene’s THE...
- discens said Imrahil. No offense taken! Anyway you say, “...
- Sword40 said back in the late 1970’s we became involved w...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Let’s not have domination of this thread by...
- Gabriel Syme said Apologies to Fr Z; In my post at 5.48am, I wrote:...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: August 2010
REQUEST: If you have ordered or received some of these buttons or mugs, etc., or any other Z-stuff – could you send photos? Also, send a note if any of these has started or helped a … Continue reading
As you know I posted about the controversial back and forth in the Diocese of El Paso.
I have just watch a video of a TV "debate" between Fr. Rodriguez and a homosexual activist.
The activist put forward the usual cant: Jesus … Continue reading
If you are in the Detroit, or even if you are farther away, you might pencil in 26 September.
You may have heard of the Call To Holiness Conferences held annually in the Detroit area. These conferences serve as a faithful … Continue reading
Today is not just the anniversary of martyrdom of St. Bartholomew
In 79 A.D. — Vesuvius erupted, burying Pompeii, Herculaneum and Stabiae
In 410 A.D. — Alaric sacked Rome
Some shots from the feeder.
I have taken to calling this one Moses.
This is not a molting thing.
This bird has been coming for a long time and has always had these little tufts.
Hummingbirds are also interested in … Continue reading
I am happy to report that in London, at St. James Church, Spanish Place, confirmandi will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the older, traditional, Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite at the hands of Bishop George Stack, auxiliary bishop … Continue reading
My friend Greg Burke, the Rome correspondent for Fox News, scored an interview – video interview – with Msgr. Charles Scicluna of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith who handles graviora delicta cases.
Vatican Prosecutor: Pope Showed “Frustration and … Continue reading
Fr. Michael Rodriguez, a priest of the Diocese of El Paso, offered an op-ed piece to the local secular newspaper. It was printed on 2 August 2 in the El Paso Times.
Here is the piece by Fr. Rodriquez with my … Continue reading
It seems that SSPX Bishop Richard Williamson is a bit worried.
To his latest piece, which I received by email from a reader, I add my emphases and comments.
Before we start drilling, however, here are a few points to … Continue reading