"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- TNCath said Maradiaga is perhaps the most dangerous man in the...
- Emilio said A little more on topic, I’m very grateful fo...
- MouseTemplar said Just as I was praying for an “alms project...
- Emilio said Maradiaga as an active member of the Curia? Heaven...
- jaykay said Ah ahm sheurked, Fadderh Zay, sheurked…
- Kathleen10 said I had a cause I headed up recently, an historic bu...
- Siculum said Moderator of the Curia? Like a typical/garden var...
- Charles E Flynn said Here is a perspective on the papacy that looks bac...
- Kathleen10 said I’m surprised he couldn’t buy his way...
- wanda said Amateur Scholastic, I coudln’t agree more....
- Traductora said The Pope is already functioning on the Obama level...
- disco said Julian- Liberals don’t think like that. You&...
- Kerry said Oncorhynchus mykiss…? No, Eptatretus stouti
- Julian Barkin said Father, this isn’t a very effective strategy...
- JBS said As long as there’s a good man at the CDF and...
- HighMass said Supertradmum says: I still stubbornly expect Burke...
- arickett said Nice to know that TLM bishops over step there auth...
- CruceSignati said Praise the Lord! I have my reasons to be joyful to...
- Per Signum Crucis said For the principal Masses in the principal churches...
- rcg said Two minor and very late comments: Alton Brown sa...
- robtbrown said Excalibur, That strong-armed attitude of liberal...
- robtbrown said Also Nb that in 1920: The thought of Einstein, Fr...
- robtbrown said TMC, Keep in mind that Garrigou LaGrange was muc...
- Andreas said With reference to, “Latin is now sometimes r...
- Supertradmum said Well, a priest does not have to be either a cardin...
- Amateur Scholastic said An excellent way to overcome the disgraceful situa...
- Robert of Rome said Ignatius, in answer to your question, the Spanish...
- excalibur said Meanwhile, there apperas to be a nascent move to r...
- Will D. said I’m with Mike: there’s a lot of unplea...
- robtbrown said Charles E Flynn, Neither did I. That’s why...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: August 2010
REQUEST: If you have ordered or received some of these buttons or mugs, etc., or any other Z-stuff – could you send photos? Also, send a note if any of these has started or helped a … Continue reading
As you know I posted about the controversial back and forth in the Diocese of El Paso.
I have just watch a video of a TV "debate" between Fr. Rodriguez and a homosexual activist.
The activist put forward the usual cant: Jesus … Continue reading
If you are in the Detroit, or even if you are farther away, you might pencil in 26 September.
You may have heard of the Call To Holiness Conferences held annually in the Detroit area. These conferences serve as a faithful … Continue reading
Today is not just the anniversary of martyrdom of St. Bartholomew
In 79 A.D. — Vesuvius erupted, burying Pompeii, Herculaneum and Stabiae
In 410 A.D. — Alaric sacked Rome
Some shots from the feeder.
I have taken to calling this one Moses.
This is not a molting thing.
This bird has been coming for a long time and has always had these little tufts.
Hummingbirds are also interested in … Continue reading
I am happy to report that in London, at St. James Church, Spanish Place, confirmandi will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the older, traditional, Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite at the hands of Bishop George Stack, auxiliary bishop … Continue reading
My friend Greg Burke, the Rome correspondent for Fox News, scored an interview – video interview – with Msgr. Charles Scicluna of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith who handles graviora delicta cases.
Vatican Prosecutor: Pope Showed “Frustration and … Continue reading
Fr. Michael Rodriguez, a priest of the Diocese of El Paso, offered an op-ed piece to the local secular newspaper. It was printed on 2 August 2 in the El Paso Times.
Here is the piece by Fr. Rodriquez with my … Continue reading
It seems that SSPX Bishop Richard Williamson is a bit worried.
To his latest piece, which I received by email from a reader, I add my emphases and comments.
Before we start drilling, however, here are a few points to … Continue reading