You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Giuseppe said To quote an old priest I knew: “The Church i...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow!...
- WesleyD said “The Blood of Christ redeems everyone.”...
- janeway529 said Also, isn’t Pope Francis referencing the Vat...
- janeway529 said Fr. Z, Vatican TV has been broadcasting Pope Franc...
- MouseTemplar said I came home from my Thursday Holy Hour [dedicated...
- frjim4321 said With all due respect to a priest who by all appear...
- Kathleen10 said Thanks Fr. Z. and others for such great comments,...
- Priam1184 said Thank you for that Andrew.
- Priam1184 said @Ed the Roman : You are 1000% correct on that. Wh...
- KevinSymonds said Fr. Z., I sent a message with a reference in Itali...
- New Sister said I have always been fascinated by this little lesso...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: No you’re fine. I just know that t...
- Ed the Roman said We are made in the image and likeness of the One w...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, perhaps I’m reading too much betwe...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said Lots of sloppy (if not deliberately mendacious) re...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: Well, since we’re so irenic togethe...
- Andrew said Priam1184: S. Augustine “on Genesis”: A very loose...
- Phil_NL said Cosmos, The assumption that people feel ill at eas...
- Clinton R. said It is unfortunate that so many already are interpr...
- Matthias1 said I like the following comment someone made: –...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I have limited time to watch this thread at the mo...
- Priam1184 said In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram…
- johnmann said Would you fulfill your natural law obligation by a...
- chonak said If I understand it right, communicatio in sacris i...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, ultimately you are saying (and I agree) t...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters No disrespect, doc. I think t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Still waiting for (a) a prohibition that is curren...
- Giuseppe said I agree with Father Z. Out of respect for the Ort...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters Pius XI (1928) in the encyclic...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 13 September 2010
I was alarmed today to see an article in the National Catholic Fishwrap… Reporter … wait for it and put down your freshly brewed Mystic Monk Coffee…
… praising His Excellency Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-Joseph.
I wondered: Did … Continue reading
From a reader:
Prior to the consecration, the altar servers are negligent in removing everything extraneous from the altar. They have left the cruet of water on the altar, and more importantly, the carafe from which the wine was poured. The … Continue reading
From the gentlemanly Sandro Magister.
I love the opening salvo.
This splendid article reminds me of a story told by a priest friend about a very high American prelate. On visiting his seminary, the prelate noted that no one was kneeling … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am newly ordained. An issue has arisen between myself and my Pastor, and you could say, a small number of vocal parishioners. [Imagine my surprise.] It appears as though I am too orthodox for them and one … Continue reading
I received note of this from a reader.
This is for your brick by brick file.
Bishop Howard J. Hubbard Visits St. Joseph’s Parish, Troy, NY
September 2010 marked the third anniversary of the promulgation of the Motu Proprio, Summorum Pontificum. In the … Continue reading