You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Lisa said As soon as our parish started allowing girl altar...
- JabbaPapa said I see nothing significantly wrong with very young...
- Fr AJ said All male servers is a nice idea but in some places...
- SimonDodd said This seems like a fundamentally empirical question...
- Austin Catholics said @maryh “which is why people like Frjim4321 a...
- jesusthroughmary said I remember a few years ago, when a friend of mine...
- tealady24 said For all those affected by the tornado in Moore, OK...
- a catechist said What bothers me about this topic is that it lets t...
- RJHighland said After attending several TLM masses will I was a vo...
- wmeyer said I think that, as with most changes made after the...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, if he who can change the regulations...
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
- The Sicilian Woman said VexillaRegis, that is a fine brigade of saints you...
- Helier said All 3 of my children have been altar servers ̵...
- Bob B. said Being a Catholic school teacher, I always felt it...
- Dave N. said @Robbie I only recently turned 36 so my history of...
- chriskelly said At our parish, unfortunately, we must include any...
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- 9 Videos that Warm the Catholic Soul - BIG PULPIT said [...] Fr. O, An Irish Ordinariate What If I Were D...
- Norah said Jeannie_C said: Breaking open the Word is as impor...
- Chuck3030 said I have had experiences primarily in two parishes/a...
- Laura Lea said I have a great fear of committing this sin. I rea...
- Kieninger said As pastor of a large parish where altar girls were...
- M. K. said The parish I grew up in during the 1980s and early...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 14 September 2010
I cannot stand the UN. The UN should go.
That said… for the love of God.
I caught this, and this photo, in a CNN story.
The UN can give us some stats, but their solutions are not the right solutions.
Why … Continue reading
Folks, remember that as of 14 September 2007 the provisions of Summorum Pontificum are in force.
The WDTPRS Rules are now in force too.
Fr. Z’s 5 Rules of Engagement now that the Motu Proprio is in force:
1) Rejoice because … Continue reading
WDTPRS thanks Pope Benedict XVI for the great gift of Summorum Pontificum.
℣. Let us pray for Benedict, our Pope. ℟. May the Lord preserve him, and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth, and deliver him not … Continue reading
An old reliquary given to me long ago with a sliver of the Cross of Our Lord.
Some time ago I was in Kansas City, MO, and I posted about …
Sometime after a frequent participant here posted the comment:
Somebody needs to determine the identity of the tree in the middle of . . . the VORTEX. … Continue reading
From a reader:
What is the correct form of address for a religious who is a deacon? The internal lore of the community is that one retains "Brother" but some of the younger brothers are insisting on "Deacon." I have a … Continue reading
Remember what Card. Dias told the assembled Anglican leadership at Lambeth in 2008. He said that their course indicates they are heading towards "spiritual Alzheimer’s" and "ecclesial Parkinson’s"
Now here is another warning.
This comes by of His Hermeuticalness, Fr. Finigan.
Metropolitan Hilarion … Continue reading