Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Kathleen10 said Mass attendance is definitely down in our area ove...
- Chon said I think it would be good if we refrain here from s...
- truthfinder said Easter Friday is a solemnity (FSSP priest said eve...
- wolfeken said slainewe — you raise a good point, and that...
- Widukind said Thank you again for the interesting article. Whate...
- TWF said “Many people are unable…” As Fat...
- msc said In my weakness I voted for one hour–we go to...
- JonathanCatholic said “Fasting from midnight before is very tradit...
- JBS said The rules on everything from fasting and abstinenc...
- APX said Reclaiming the Sacred, Times have changed. Now we...
- sirlouis said My response depends on what principle underlies th...
- jhayes said Are the Cardinals writing new material specificall...
- wmeyer said I meant to mention, too, that at 65, I do still fa...
- wmeyer said I voted for midnight before, which is my habit, bu...
- akp1 said I voted one hour (I would go for two hours if it w...
- APX said Maybe those who know they will take awhile could b...
- Mary Jane said I voted yes, 3 hours before. At the moment I perso...
- Elizabeth D said I was also 99.5% certain Cdl Burke was one of them...
- Reclaiming The Sacred said I voted midnight. I did this because I have notic...
- praiseofglory said Perhaps it is reflective of many decades of little...
- acricketchirps said I thought heard they had a vote over at the Fishwr...
- KM Edwards said I voted for midnight before. The 1 hour before com...
- TWF said I voted three hours. Fasting from midnight before...
- Wiktor said One hour for EF Mass is just too easy. A sung mass...
- Paul Young said I voted for three hours. Seems to me to strike a...
- Pie and Palestrina said @cicada: depending on your priest and the setup of...
- Bea said I had heard about it and was planning on pre-order...
- StGiuseppeMoscati said Dear Fr. Z and fellow readers, I have followed thi...
- TopSully said Father Z: “I say it should be at least three...
- Bea said I voted 1 hour 3 Hours is commendable and should b...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 September 2010
On the airplane winging to Scotland, the Holy Father took a few questions from journos during a brief presser.
Q. – Your Holiness, … during the preparation for this journey there have been contrary discussions and positions. The country has a … Continue reading
I have in the past posted about the medical/health situation of a seminarian for the Diocese of Raleigh, Philip Johnson.
He has received some bad news about the tumor in his brain.
He has written about this on his blog his blog … Continue reading
I was sitting at my desk, writing the entry about Fr. Finigan’s annd Fr. Blake’s comments on the Mass at Glasgow and ….
I saw the birds at the feeders scattering. Something large had hit the window next to my desk.
I … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Finigan and the great PP of Brighton, Fr. Blake, share their views of the Papal Mass in Glasgow today.
Be sure to visit their fine blogs.
Some comments from Fr. Finigan about the Mass today:
Liturgically, the Mass at Bellahouston … Continue reading
Sounds from the Mass in Glasgow.
Also, a friend of mine is saying that Our Lord must have sent the Blessed Virgin and angels to clear the skies, given the demons that must be swirling around that Mass.
Moreover, … Continue reading
Holy Father’s sermon in Glasgow’s Bellahouston Park with my emphases and comments.
You will see here that the Pope is pressing something that I have for years been saying is at the heart of his pontificate: foster Catholic identity so that … Continue reading
The Holy Father is about to travel to the "hedonistic wasteland … the geopolitical epicentre of the culture of death", and, judging from some of the nutty media coverage – Satan is irritated.
I think Satan particularly hates this visit … Continue reading
The Holy Father arrived in Scotland today and was greeted by Her Majesty the Queen at the beginning of this state visit.
Thank you for your gracious invitation to make an official visit [not "pastoral" visit] to … Continue reading