You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Scott W. said “a few just won’t give up their protest̶...
- Gratias said With Benedict XVI retired we will have to fight fo...
- scholastica said You know you’re truly Catholic when you need...
- The Sicilian Woman said P.S. Chantgirl, congratulations on the baby, and...
- The Sicilian Woman said For the repose of the souls of our departed milita...
- chantgirl said I recently found out that I’m about 9 weeks...
- Cincinnati Priest said Regarding the assumption that it is more likely th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said James Joseph, What, I wondered, might Chester A. &...
- FrDulli said I would like to pray for the Holy Spirit to give t...
- Cathy said I do get concerned when deacon’s wives are h...
- donato2 said “Let us also pray for the unwitting agents o...
- APX said Oh wait. My bad. I forgot it’s the 21st Cent...
- APX said Great idea! If you’re up for it, why not start? I...
- BLB Oregon said Our new archbishop, while he was bishop of Marquet...
- Hank Igitur said Some EF priests won’t allow married men to s...
- ReginaMarie said Fr. Martin, True. Thank you. My prayer is that th...
- robtbrown said Mighty, Mighty, Deaconite.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, There are various places where Latin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Regina: I realize that, and I did not mean to call...
- ReginaMarie said Fr Martin Fox, True, the Church does not permit pr...
- MWindsor said I was an enlisted man in the Coast Guard. A couple...
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
- Cantor said We are blessed to have two permanent deacons in ou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Deaconite? Deaconite?” Must. Resist....
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 19 September 2010
Fr. Lombardi suggests that John Henry Newman could be made "Doctor of the Church".
Doctors of the Church must be saints and they must embody in their lives, in a significant way, something about who the Church is as teacher.
This should … Continue reading
Some people like to pit big stage life, such as papal visits to the UK, against "real" life, such as average people who need to pay bills.
Both are real life.
But, in the wake of the real life experience of the … Continue reading
From Oscott College the Holy Father’s address to Bishops of England, Scotland and Wales:
Note the repetition of the word "prophetic".
Note especially the Successor of Peter’s comments about Anglicanorum coetibus.
My dear Brother Bishops,
This has been a day of great joy for … Continue reading
What will your Sunday Supper be?
I noticed on Twitter that people attending the Beatification Mass in England said that, after the Mass, people were producing food and sharing it around. Nice. People should eat together on Sundays.
In honor … Continue reading
The Collect from today’s Mass, according to the 1962 Missale Romanum, would be good and timely medicine for the British Humanist Association, various secularists and that lot in the UK, who were protesting the Holy Father’s visit.
Today’s prayer did … Continue reading
Some protesters with their signs have been flashed across the world by the conflict driven mainstream media.
My friend Greg Burke of FoxNews (Rome correspondent) sent me a shot of the only intelligent protest sign I have seen so far.
This fellow, … Continue reading
Benedict XVI has beatified John Henry Card. Newman.
Here is the workmanlike sermon he delivered at the Mass.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This day that has brought us together here in Birmingham is a most … Continue reading