- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Marchelli said For my friend who was hit by a car while walking h...
- Paul M. said tcreek: There was no “reinstatement of the m...
- Siculum said Once again, Father Z is very right about us EF-ers...
- yatzer said Very difficult to keep from wallowing in discourag...
- juventutemDC said Thank you Fr. Z for your encouragement at the end!...
- excalibur said ….multiplying attacks on sports, on football...
- robtbrown said tcreek, The Kennedys are rich and famous, and th...
- excalibur said I had linked to several articles regarding this on...
- robtbrown said kpoterack, 1. I don’t think it’s ju...
- tcreek said This is what happens when the “Church”...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Interesting comments to my brother Gabriel’s...
- robtbrown said Johnno, 1. That’s a matter of a quick, sim...
- Woody said Many thanks for this, Father. My own hunch (and it...
- happyCatholic said Some of my prayer petitions recently are to truly...
- happyCatholic said Clinton, Your comment is even more prescient than...
- Legisperitus said The “corporal works of mercy” advice i...
- happyCatholic said Listened online! Thank you!
- Andy Lucy said Elizabeth D, if it be your choice to refuse to tak...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said 26:14: “… a more palpable expression o...
- Matt R said HighMass, I believe he does, though I suggest you...
- kpoterack said “But my question is: what’s the fuss about?...
- Clinton said The current Obamacare laws are just the beginning....
- acricketchirps said Well, at least I’m sure we can all agree tha...
- LadyMarchmain said Lisa, StJude, BenKenobi: We are all in the same b...
- Johnno said There are SOME INSTANCES of divorced/remarried peo...
- Bob B. said Since federal law doesn’t want to be discrim...
- Priam1184 said @The Chicken: You’re right, I could care le...
- notenoughflair said Curious that this comment came up right about the...
- CatholicMD said The Pope is going to have to start to clarifying s...
- Vecchio di Londra said I think it might transform the NO for the better i...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 27 September 2010
From Creative Minority Report with my emphases and comments:
Well, for all those who said it was just a slip of the tongue last time or that his speechwriters were to blame, Obama just made sure you knew that … Continue reading
Have you ever seen an ordination to the priesthood with the older, traditional Roman Rite….
A reader sent notice of the following:
FSSP ORDINATION KANSAS CITY THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2
Rev. Mr David Kemna will be ordained to the priesthood by Archbishop Emeritus … Continue reading
Some of you will recall that I visited Wyoming Catholic College last winter. I found it splendid.
Here is an update from the WCC blog (in case you know young people trying to figure out where to go to college).
They might … Continue reading
Previously on RATS IN THE RECTORY (here).
On the blog Southern Orders I saw that Fr. M has some news, as well as a very satisfying and at the same time disgusting photo.
Well, I got access to a computer to update … Continue reading
For those of you who like to have that last shot at previewing your comments before hitting that submit button… I believe I have a working Preview function up and running.
I just received word that Fr. Thomas Dubay, SM, has died.
Please pray for the repose of his soul.
Fr. Dubay was a fine author on issues of the spiritual life. His books are very good.
Technorati Tags: Fr. Thomas Dubay
I am sure you remember my review of artist/illustrator Daniel Mitsui’s Crucifixion. Mitsui has a blog called The Lion and the Cardinal, an obvious Patristic reference which never fails to delight me.
Today I received another print from him, a polychrome … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a beretta be used in the OF? When would it be used?
Yes, without question! But make sure that it is clean and in good working order so that it doesn’t misfire.
I would use the beretta primarily … Continue reading
From a reader:
While about to receive Communion today I was told by a Eucharistic minister “nice to see you” immediately after she had said “Body of Christ,” to me. I had not even responded, “Amen” yet. Is this permissible? I … Continue reading