Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- L.: “I seriously object to the dopey notion that liturgy has to made “understan dable”? 221; Father, I see and hear things that I don’ t understand at virtually every Mass I attend!
- TonyO: Oh. My. Word. ! Viganò must be a meathead for even thinking to use Benedict 8217;s letter as support for the series. He should have just tossed the project off as impossible and left it at...
- leftycbd: As I stated in the past, some brave priest should offer to do a talk on Summorum Pontificum and offer a TLM at this conference . We should start to take things back from within, just as...
- David: The last entry in Waugh̵ 7;s diary is a lament for the vandalism inflicted on the liturgy and the remark: “I shall not live to see things righted. 8221; He didn’ ;t.
- Mike: It is inconceiva ble that a faithful shepherd would allow this wretched spectacle to be re-staged in his diocese year after year. The forsaken Catholics of the Archdioces e of Los Angeles...
- ServusChristi: If I’m not mistaken the Russian and Greek Orthodox church uses Church Slavonic and Liturgical Greek during their masses and they haven̵ 7;t introduced a new rite/...
- Sawyer: “Thi s was the beginning of a movement which was to reduce all Roman Catholic ceremonial to commonplac e and to abolish the traditiona l order of the Mass in favour of a prayer-...
- Sawyer: Here’ ;s a clip of a wacky gender-ide ntity petition that was read aloud at a morning prayer service in the presence of Archbishop Gomez. Don’ t tell me the archbishop canR...
- iamlucky13: Is it really that it should be hard, or that it should have depth to it? This depth can make it hard to understand initially, but it can also provide a lifetime 8217;s worth of...
- maternalView: Most parishes around me tend to make the Mass relevant to our lives. The homilies are so general they can be interprete d in any way that makes you feel good. Often it seems that the...
- Thomistica: Says something about this office of “com munication ”. They must regard the laity as really stupid. Coupla ways to read it. In one perspectiv e, a strong whiff of clerica...
- maternalView: I thought Benedict was irrelevant to these people so it is amusing they felt the need to get his support for these books on Francis 217; “the ology̶ 1;. And when he...
- Benedict Joseph: It appears Pope Emeritus Benedict was being depicted as taking a long walk off a short pier when in actuality he took one step forward and two steps back on the shallowest ledge....
- ThePapalCount: Very, very true. The truth of the sorry liturgical mess we have now so clearly stated. Thanks Father Z for bringing this us. We must continue in our efforts to bring awe and wonder...
- Cranky Old Man: Ah, the Vatican bureaucrac y, like all bureaucrac ies, thinks it can get away with any silliness it comes to mind to foist upon outsiders. Let us call to mind for this bureauc...
- Kathleen10: Whatever it does it slams the lid shut on the proposal that Benedict is feeble of mind. Slams it and locks it. I don’ t care what all he may appear to be, frail and elderly and...
- teomatteo: The “why involve Benedict?& #8221; seems to be clearer to me. The theology contained therein must not speak for itself since it is coming from a pope who has admitted that ‘...
- John V: And Msgr. Viganò still has a job why?
- mibethda: Magister is out today with another report which may somewhat answer FatherR 17;s question about why Pope Benedict declined ViganoR 17;s suggestion that he provide a support...
- Gregg the Obscure: Thank you for your reminders to go to confession and also how to go to confession , Father Z. Thanks to all priests who make extra times available for confession during Lent....
- majuscule: I was just taking a quick look at the REC website and found the “sta tistics 221; page interestin g. http://www .recongres s.org/2018 /stats.htm It seems like the majority of...
- The Egyptian: and here I naively thought that our goverment had the only swamp that needed draining, seems the Vatican has a 1800 year head start on DCs foggy bottoms
- Sawyer: @tamrantho r, Gomez has had seven years to improve things. He hasn’ ;t. He demands that politician s take immediate action on political and social causes he cares about, but he has...
- TKS: I had EWTN radio on a couple of hours ago and there was a broadcast from the LA REC. I’m seldom listening to EWTN anymore as more and more of those priests/bi shops/card inals I don...
- TonyO: Emilio, I too had hoped that Archbishop Gomez would turn things around in LA. However, while almost ANY bishop was likely to be a big step up from Cardinal Mahoney, from the moment I heard...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
- LENTCAzT 2018 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: “They would pay any price for an hour!”
- READER FEEDBACK: “I want to be treated as an adult when it comes to catechesis and the Sacred Liturgy.”
- @CatholicCincy repudiates @JamesMartinSJ et al. homosexualist event
- Priestly Feedback: “entirely familiar realm in an entirely hostile world”
- LENTCAzT 2018 27 – Monday in the 4th Week of Lent: Which of the sons am I?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and a ‘Laetare’ Sunday ROSE POLL
- Bulletin blurb from 1967 from a Long Island Parish
- JUST TOO COOL: Unboxing my new portable altar – UPDATED!
- LENTCAzT 2018 26 – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare: Benedict XVI on confession
- Communion in the hand. Wherein Fr. Z rants and provokes.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: September 2010
From a seminarian:
I … have recently had some discussions with others in the house about implementing ad orientem style of the Mass. I think that the rubrics are very clear in assuming that the Mass is said ad orientem, regardless … Continue reading
A few days back the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald, posted a blurb that the Holy Father might visit Ireland in 2012.
Now I read on CNA:
Four Irish archbishops summoned to Rome to meet apostolic visitors
Rome, Italy, … Continue reading
I haven’t posted much from the feeder, these days.
Right now the baby Goldfinches are buzzing around, making noises like squeaky-toys and incessantly following their parents. They flap their wings, squeak, and beg.
More begging action.
A large flock of turkeys recently changed … Continue reading
My friend Mr. Jeffrey Tucker has posted on his blog, Chant Cafe, videos with audio of new chants for the Novus Ordo in English according to the upcoming corrected translation. These are intended as tutorials.
Some people are claiming that the … Continue reading
North Dakota bishop leads procession at abortion clinic amid protests
Fargo, N.D., Sep 29, 2010 / 12:51 am (CNA).- In time for the upcoming Respect Life Month of October, Bishop Samuel Aquila of Fargo, North Dakota presided over an annual … Continue reading
You have read about…
… The Vortex.
I have wondered where things go, if they are pulled into the Vortex and can’t get out.
Look at this portentous photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day.
This is a vortex on the planet Venus. … Continue reading
USCCB pro-life chairman issues statement on upcoming Respect Life month
Washington D.C., Sep 28, 2010 / 03:03 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- In light of the upcoming Respect Life Month of October, Cardinal Daniel DiNardo of Galveston-Houston issued a statement on what … Continue reading
I have been receiving mixed feedback about the speed with which the blog now loads for people.
Let’s try this again, with a poll.
Please pick the best answer and then give your observations about the speed of the blog loading below. … Continue reading
From a reader:
Wait, the sign of peace is an option, not a requirement?!?! How did I not know this? Am I bound by obedience to participate if the priest uses this option? Can I decline the invitation?
The so-called “sign of … Continue reading