Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- MouseTemplar said Wait a minute. Perhaps they are Pelicans! Christol...
- Sword40 said Hey, Shin, I was going to say the same thing. I wa...
- boxerpaws1952 said Kerry, now that i’ve thought about it for a...
- boxerpaws1952 said Donate,drink coffee and go to confession. Love the...
- donato2 said Has anyone else noticed that the Telegraph article...
- guans said Speaking of birds! Check out mama and her 3 babies...
- Philippa Martyr said faithandfamily, you’re right. My parents ha...
- Philippa Martyr said Don’t forget to pray for people who already...
- acardnal said “WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!” Yup.
- Philippa Martyr said We have a perfectly splendid parish priest who I b...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Umberto Benigni’s 1912 Catholic Encyclopedia...
- PadreOP said A real story…this happened at a parish in su...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Are wishes in an Octave ever belated? In any case,...
- profling said With the decline of Catholic education once mainta...
- MattW said Well, on the bright side, we won’t have to w...
- Liam said Behold the Pink Flamingo Chasuble! Preferred vestm...
- Mike said I was talking about the blood moon the other day,...
- shin said That’s one nice looking pear!
- shin said Boy Father Z., you sure murdered ‘espaliered...
- majuscule said I hope no one complains that these things should h...
- Kerry said The O-administration is a killer asteroid.
- adeacon said The Cloisters is an amazing place to visit. The bu...
- JonathanCatholic said Father, I wish I could. I’m growing incredib...
- faithandfamily said Even if your children do not have a calling to a r...
- HeatherPA said Hollywood says we can send secret shuttles and spa...
- APX said Jerry, If Hollywood has taught me anything, itR...
- Jerry said The article doesn’t even suggest, much less...
- AnimatedCatholic said Here is something interesting I read today. http:/...
- MikeCGannon said This is something on which my pastor has repeatedl...
- Heather F said Texsain, I’m just curious why this was in an...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: September 2010
From a seminarian:
I … have recently had some discussions with others in the house about implementing ad orientem style of the Mass. I think that the rubrics are very clear in assuming that the Mass is said ad orientem, regardless … Continue reading
A few days back the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald, posted a blurb that the Holy Father might visit Ireland in 2012.
Now I read on CNA:
Four Irish archbishops summoned to Rome to meet apostolic visitors
Rome, Italy, … Continue reading
I haven’t posted much from the feeder, these days.
Right now the baby Goldfinches are buzzing around, making noises like squeaky-toys and incessantly following their parents. They flap their wings, squeak, and beg.
More begging action.
A large flock of turkeys recently changed … Continue reading
My friend Mr. Jeffrey Tucker has posted on his blog, Chant Cafe, videos with audio of new chants for the Novus Ordo in English according to the upcoming corrected translation. These are intended as tutorials.
Some people are claiming that the … Continue reading
North Dakota bishop leads procession at abortion clinic amid protests
Fargo, N.D., Sep 29, 2010 / 12:51 am (CNA).- In time for the upcoming Respect Life Month of October, Bishop Samuel Aquila of Fargo, North Dakota presided over an annual … Continue reading
You have read about…
… The Vortex.
I have wondered where things go, if they are pulled into the Vortex and can’t get out.
Look at this portentous photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day.
This is a vortex on the planet Venus. … Continue reading
USCCB pro-life chairman issues statement on upcoming Respect Life month
Washington D.C., Sep 28, 2010 / 03:03 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- In light of the upcoming Respect Life Month of October, Cardinal Daniel DiNardo of Galveston-Houston issued a statement on what … Continue reading
I have been receiving mixed feedback about the speed with which the blog now loads for people.
Let’s try this again, with a poll.
Please pick the best answer and then give your observations about the speed of the blog loading below. … Continue reading
From a reader:
Wait, the sign of peace is an option, not a requirement?!?! How did I not know this? Am I bound by obedience to participate if the priest uses this option? Can I decline the invitation?
The so-called “sign of … Continue reading