- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Supertradmum said Fantastic paintings and porcelain-Aesop’s Fa...
- Peggy R said Priam1184: We have “capitalism” becau...
- slainewe said @Elizabeth D I agree that “there are so many...
- Dan said It bewilders me that advocates for this sort of th...
- The Masked Chicken said she is a martyr. already higher than doctor. sorry...
- Kathleen10 said I can only hope Ms. Manson somehow reads this. Pr...
- McCall1981 said It’s strangly comforting to read the NcR cri...
- aviva meriam said I really wish the Nuns on the Bus (and their intel...
- slainewe said Luke 3:10-14: And the crowds asked [John the Bapti...
- Supertradmum said I especially love your bird postings. It is 9 abov...
- Johnno said dcs - The Pope and the Church condemn Socialism be...
- Rachel Pineda said Oh how I would love to see anything by Duran or hi...
- Johnno said Elizabeth D - Youth Unemployment is a consequence...
- Jean Marie said I meant to say the third female Carmelite. St. Jo...
- Jean Marie said As a 3rd Order Lay Carmelite I too am waiting for...
- Kathleen10 said I wish I was there too! Children ought to be read...
- Phil_NL said dcs Frankly, apart from a condemnation as a theory...
- Sissy said Thank you for posting this. St. Edith Stein is my...
- Elizabeth D said I would like to see more concern from everyone for...
- VexillaRegis said Thank you! I feel so spiritually strengthend by th...
- Scott W. said Presumably this all of this was written on John ...
- tcreek said My favorite saint is Edith Stein. This philosopher...
- JordanH said How can they seriously distance themselves from Ja...
- Justalurkingfool said As an abandoned spouse forced to defend the marria...
- torch621 said Bell, book and candle needs to be brought back.
- Aspie said Archbishop Baldisseri said sacraments instead of s...
- lsclerkin said I’m just smiling. And smiling and smiling. B...
- James said Bravo, Father! And many thanks! This has been a qu...
- James said Thank you for posting this, Fr. Z! “Full, co...
- vetusta ecclesia said What with St Nicholas on the 6th Dec. and St Ambro...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 6 October 2010
From a priest reader:
Thank you for the work you do on your blog. I appreciate your wise counsels and good advice and of course your humor. Above all, however, I appreciate your fidelity to to the truth and the courage … Continue reading
From a reader:
I saw a picture that His Eminence Nicholas Cardinal Cheong Jin-suk, Archbishop of Seoul, wore pontifical gloves in Solemn Masses. Even though some mainland China bishops are wearing gloves as well, not only the celebrant but all bishop … Continue reading
Not too long ago I visited Loome’s Theological Booksellers in Stillwater, MN. What a place.
While I was there I saw many framed sacramental certificates from yesteryear… beautiful things, colored and pious and important.
It occurred to me then that those certificates … Continue reading
From a reader:
My wife and I are working hard to follow Church teachings and obey our Lord. I have not been able to find a local priest that is orthodox in Church teachings. We therefore hope you can help us … Continue reading
Skirmishers are circling in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. At issue is the legalization of unnatural, same-sex “marriage”.
Archbp. Nienstedt undertook with the help of lay people to send to Catholics in Minnesota 400K DVDs. The Archbishop is exercising … Continue reading
Yesterday evening I had a bit of a stroll, and I noticed that there were quite a few more swallows about. They darted and swooped, but mostly, and this was a bit odd, they also roosted a bit in tree … Continue reading
The lovely and persistent Anna Arco, feature writer for The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, recently gave an intervention at a conference in Rome concerning tools of social communication.
Here are a few salient points from her talk:
This year, … Continue reading
I will be, of all places, in NYC for the the glorious defeat of the over-paid Yankees by the noble Twins of Minnesota.
And while you are watching the game why not enjoy some …
Mystic Monk Coffee!
When you’ve had … Continue reading
From a reader:
Should altar servers (who wear cassocks) have “street clothes”
sticking up over the collar of their cassock?
I would argue that according to GIRM 336 that if clothes must be covered when wearing an alb, then it would follow that … Continue reading