Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Cobbler said Nicholas, I believe Fr. Z is writing from either o...
- jmcj said “From this point onward…days will be i...
- roseannesullivan said To answer some questions and respond to some previ...
- Phil_NL said For my grandmother, whose time on this earth might...
- The Cobbler said True story: My dad keeps saying he needs to photos...
- The Cobbler said The first workers were getting everything they nee...
- pannw said Haha, Dr. Peters! Although for those of us with l...
- Peter from Jersey said Pope Benedict likes cats, perhaps not Hello Kitty...
- pannw said Oh, that would be so funny if you hadn’t put...
- Clinton R. said The gates of hell will not overcome the Holy Churc...
- APX said You are not alone in these feelings. Frankly, this...
- frival said You are not alone, Father, you are not alone. The...
- gretta said May I offer another perspective? Take a look at h...
- scarda said LOVE the rose vestments. The kitty icon must have...
- Fuquay Steve said NO. Father linked the first reading …’...
- StWinefride said Dear Fr Z, on a lighter note, it’s been a lo...
- benedetta said The Trojan horse are divorced and remarried and co...
- John Grammaticus said You’re not the only one Father
- Gregg the Obscure said I’m a layman, a convert at that, and convinc...
- dans0622 said Papabile: A bribe. That’s funny (or offensiv...
- SimonDodd said Yes, exactly–I couldn’t agree more. ...
- St Donatus said Personally, I think the crux of the problem has no...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Murtheol, I am not really sure what you are t...
- Paulo said KM Edwards above touched on a very, very important...
- Uxixu said jjjorge1 hits it on the head. I unfortunately nev...
- StWinefride said Thorfinn says: Better late than never, granted. Bu...
- Dr. Edward Peters said If wolfeken would like to check the fontes for c....
- Robbie said This is a frustrating and upsetting situation. Th...
- HeatherPA said KM Edwards- we are living the pain of not seeing o...
- The Masked Chicken said “There are, that I can see, no gaps in the p...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 6 October 2010
From a priest reader:
Thank you for the work you do on your blog. I appreciate your wise counsels and good advice and of course your humor. Above all, however, I appreciate your fidelity to to the truth and the courage … Continue reading
From a reader:
I saw a picture that His Eminence Nicholas Cardinal Cheong Jin-suk, Archbishop of Seoul, wore pontifical gloves in Solemn Masses. Even though some mainland China bishops are wearing gloves as well, not only the celebrant but all bishop … Continue reading
Not too long ago I visited Loome’s Theological Booksellers in Stillwater, MN. What a place.
While I was there I saw many framed sacramental certificates from yesteryear… beautiful things, colored and pious and important.
It occurred to me then that those certificates … Continue reading
From a reader:
My wife and I are working hard to follow Church teachings and obey our Lord. I have not been able to find a local priest that is orthodox in Church teachings. We therefore hope you can help us … Continue reading
Skirmishers are circling in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. At issue is the legalization of unnatural, same-sex “marriage”.
Archbp. Nienstedt undertook with the help of lay people to send to Catholics in Minnesota 400K DVDs. The Archbishop is exercising … Continue reading
Yesterday evening I had a bit of a stroll, and I noticed that there were quite a few more swallows about. They darted and swooped, but mostly, and this was a bit odd, they also roosted a bit in tree … Continue reading
The lovely and persistent Anna Arco, feature writer for The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, recently gave an intervention at a conference in Rome concerning tools of social communication.
Here are a few salient points from her talk:
This year, … Continue reading
I will be, of all places, in NYC for the the glorious defeat of the over-paid Yankees by the noble Twins of Minnesota.
And while you are watching the game why not enjoy some …
Mystic Monk Coffee!
When you’ve had … Continue reading
From a reader:
Should altar servers (who wear cassocks) have “street clothes”
sticking up over the collar of their cassock?
I would argue that according to GIRM 336 that if clothes must be covered when wearing an alb, then it would follow that … Continue reading