Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Imrahil said Dear @Tina-in-Ashburn, well, I did read the bull n...
- Supertradmum said oops take–glasses wrong!!!!prescription̷
- Supertradmum said Thanks, she decided to send in builders to fix it...
- Stephen Matthew said Even those things not especially apocalyptic or di...
- Stephen Matthew said Solemn Vespers in a Cathedral, (particularly joine...
- Stephen Matthew said I should rather not hear the readings, or any othe...
- VexillaRegis said Dear Supertradmum, I’m praying for you!
- Supertradmum said urgent..house I had to live in for six months is n...
- Charivari Rob said Thank you, PostCatholic – that made it easy...
- Therese said Thanks, Father G, for running that St. Joseph prop...
- Maltese said History is written by those who write history.
- Therese said “There’s a liturgical change coming up that...
- Del said My confession: I can tolerate guitar strumming, b...
- carolina publican said I am not a canon lawyer, or a civil one, though I...
- Douglas Kraeger said Please correct me if I am wrong in the following....
- PostCatholic said Nice letter from a Unitarian hero. There’s a...
- The Sicilian Woman said YES! **fist pump** In contrast to his being the m...
- Tina in Ashburn said Dear @Imrahil, The excerpt is about unlawful powe...
- Skeinster said Two requests, please: For a young mother of two,...
- Father G said Jimmy Akin from Catholic Answers says he spoke to...
- Kathleen10 said I’m long convinced the Americans of the past...
- brhenry said I am confused. Are the dates of “accomplish...
- jaykay said jhayes: it will provide a view of how well they...
- Subvet said Oh Mommy, please make the stupid man shut up!
- MangiaMamma said Attended a Thanksgiving Mass today for one of our...
- xsosdid said My daughter Mary had her grade 8 grad last evening...
- Mike Morrow said O’Hannigan writes: “Second (and also...
- rcg said ‘O’zymandias.
- jhayes said Jaykay, July 12 is coming. It should give us a cha...
- Imrahil said I tend to make one exception. Those who went to wa...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Acton U 2013: Day 1
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 24 October 2010
From Townhall comes this:
Catholic bloggers aim to purge dissenters
Pressure is on to change the Roman Catholic Church in America, but it’s not coming from the usual liberal suspects. A new breed of theological conservatives has taken to blogs … Continue reading
Over at First Things Fr. Rutler has some comments about the new translation and liturgy in general.
Here are a few excerpts. We join him in medias res with my emphases and sinographs:
Publicly owned corporations are more accountable to their shareholders … Continue reading
From a deacon:
May God Bless you for your work. I will be traveling home for
Thanksgiving break to Baptize my twin brother’s newborn son. He and
his wife are faithful, traditional Catholics. I was wondering if it is
still possible to celebrate for … Continue reading
From CNS comes this news. Woo hoo.
Next synod theme: New evangelization
October 24, 2010 by John Thavis
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict announced today that he’s chosen “new evangelization” as the theme for the next world Synod of Bishops in 2012.
The … Continue reading
DO YOU HAVE A BLOG? Please link! Let’s get a strong participation in this poll and discussion.
A priest reader sent a suggestion for a WDTPRS POLL.
Next Sunday coincides with the Eve of All Hallows. A “hallow” is an old word … Continue reading
This week’s Collect is an ancient prayer, found in the 9th century Liber sacramentorum Augustodunensis (Augustodunum is the ancient Roman name for Autun, France) on the 25th Sunday after the Octave of Pentecost. It was also in what is coming … Continue reading
From a reader:
I was reading your post regarding “Masses for things instead of for people”. I remeber reading The Prophecies of Anne Catherine Emmerich, and reading this: ‘more Protestant souls stayed in Purgatory the longest not because they were worse … Continue reading