"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mum26 said I do not think that Voris needed to apologize. Buz...
- Mike said The foundation for Mr. Voris’ clarification...
- Vincenzo said Deacon Augustine says: “It is a tragedy tha...
- Fr_Marc said Father, there is a wonderful little shop for trims...
- tcreek said Voris would really be in a quandary if (perish the...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said To Z4gmMug: I agree that a well informed Catholic...
- JonPatrick said Cardinal DiNardo’s first name is Daniel so h...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said I ima.gine he was concerned that his reporting cre...
- mrshopey said I don’t understand why he didn’t go to...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A footnote to the inscription: ‘Nepos’...
- JonPatrick said RE Grateful to be Catholic’s 11:37 PM post &...
- Legisperitus said A bit cognitively dissonant to me, since on the on...
- Deacon Augustine said It is a tragedy that Cardinal Burke is now being h...
- z4g.mug said Interesting. Voris’ sentiments do him great...
- z4g.mug said The Guido Reni picture of St Philip Neri in ecstas...
- AVL said Seersucker is old-timey, and that is exactly what...
- Grateful to be Catholic said There used to be a pretty good gelato shop on the...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Yes, I was taking “vetustate confecta tutior...
- Choirgirl said paladin: As the ad in the sidebar *should* say: W...
- stephen c said “vetustate tutiore restituit” ablativ...
- Grateful to be Catholic said I read the inscription as: “Alexander VI, Su...
- stephen c said “Alexander the Sixth,Pontifex Maximus, Nepos...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Can you make it out? Have a try!” Me...
- Oh the humanity! | The Average Catholic said [...] Father Z takes a playful dig at Michael Vori...
- stephen c said Alexander VI Pont Max (Alexander the Sixth, Pontif...
- mburn16 said Should have cropped the inscription for the coat-o...
- StnyPtGuy said Is the Father Lawrence DiNardo mentioned in the Bi...
- Philippa Martyr said Oh, man. I’m with you on this one, Father....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops!: “when his uncle was” (I have he...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The English Wikipedia article on him has three mor...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: October 2010
It seems that the Battlestar Galactica prequel series Caprica was axed yesterday.
This follows a week after the announcement that SyFy would produce a movie length pilot set during the first Cylon war.
It will be called, apparently, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & … Continue reading
Test of a new mobile theme, posted from my iPhone.
If this works for you, pitch in. I had to buy it.
Are you in or near New York City?
There will be a Solemn Mass with the 1962 Missale Romanum at Holy Innocents in Manhattan (near 37th and Broadway) for the Feast of All Saints Monday, 1 November at 6 PM, … Continue reading
Remember how soon-to-be Cardinal Raymond Burke was, as liberals crowed, promoted to a Roman office in order to remove his influence on the American scene?
This is from CNA with my E and C:
Rome, Italy, Oct 28, 2010 / 12:15 pm … Continue reading
The men and women serving in the US Military oversees are not going to be able to vote with absentee ballots for some states (Illinois, for example). But apparently if you are in jail in Cook County (coincidentally in Illinois), … Continue reading
Many readers are sending me links to liturgical writers and pages and blogs, liberals, frothing about changes the Holy See is making to the English translation of the Roman Missal approved in 2008 by the USCCB and given the nod … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question about becoming a 3rd Order member with the SSPX. Would it put me into mortal sin to become a member? I have not attended their Mass on general orders from Pope Benedict XVI though … Continue reading
First, happy Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude. St. Jude is a patron of “impossible causes”, which gives me some comfort today.
Second, today is the anniversary of the 312 AD Battle of the Milvian Bridge, when Constantine defeated Maxentius. I … Continue reading
Over at NLM there was a post about unbleached beeswax candles, which are traditionally used for Masses for the Dead.
Reverend Fathers, Your Excellencies and sundry Graces… please consider the use of beeswax candles for All Souls and Requiem Masses. They … Continue reading
From a reader:
Many years ago, a chalice was donated to the parish of my grandfather as a memorial after his death. After several years, my grandmother received a call from the pastor stating that they were cleaning house in the … Continue reading