You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- AdMajoremDeiGloriam said I can only speak from my experience as a (male) se...
- Will D. said A sin that I have struggled with. In confession, m...
- The Masked Chicken said As for being physically prepared, a question for y...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Speaking of people missing the obvious, can someon...
- A Sinner 2 said I think Fr. Jim makes a good (although misdirected...
- The Masked Chicken said “In other words, if you doubt the origins of...
- APX said lampada says: I am seriously considering being an...
- jenne said I also realized how out of physical shape I am in...
- Wade said I would also not hesitate to donate via Catholic C...
- guatadopt said My 7 year old had his first confession in late Feb...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said One group I like to donate to is Team Rubicon.
- Springkeeper said I will say this as a woman who is also a retired M...
- av8er said Stayed in Moore last year while in OKC for trainin...
- NickD said Serving only with other men makes it like a brothe...
- jenniphd said Several years ago my family attended the Bar mitzv...
- Priam1184 said So Father, essentially what you are saying is don&...
- aviva meriam said For all those affected by the tornadoes, that the...
- CatholicMD said St Andrew’s is the local parish in Moore. Th...
- chantgirl said Does anyone know if there is a local Catholic Chur...
- LarryW2LJ said You know back in the Olden Days, when things like...
- PA mom said Re tornados. I find Protestants to be very inspir...
- LarryW2LJ said If I may. In addition to the fine spiritual advic...
- StJude said I notice the same thing… although not weird...
- Anne M. said Phil_NL says: Also since there nowadays is a gap...
- DisturbedMary said Looks like Drudge might be reading Fr. Z…...
- Konstantin said “Fathers, this could be your parish. You wi...
- Phil_NL said I think we should be careful in keeping in mind th...
- Anne M. said In our small OF parish of 430 families we have onl...
- CatholicMD said This is my home state. The same outpouring of fait...
- Bosco said I lived three miles from Three Mile Island near Mi...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Did any of you notice this?
This took me a bit by surprise.
Card. Bertone went to Kazakhstan and gave the Orthodox Church there a major relic of St. Andrew from those venerated in Amalfi.
I recall a few years ago when John … Continue reading
Pope Benedict XVI composes prayer for the unborn
Vatican City, Nov 30, 2010 / 05:50 pm (CNA).- The Pope prayed for the protection of life and the family at the conclusion of the Prayer Vigil for the Unborn on Nov. … Continue reading
Do you remember that I suggested that to do penance for the crimes against minors by priests and bishops, and the damage they have done to the Church, bishops
especially should prostrate themselves in public view before their cathedrals before going … Continue reading
I have often mentioned that I think Gregorian chant sung by women only is ethereally beautiful. Listening to the new chant disk by the Benedictine nuns of Abbaye de Notre-Dame de l’Annonciation has confirmed my view.
The Benedictine nuns of the … Continue reading
Did you see this good news?
This is for your Brick By Brick file.
This is from a press release of the Diocese of Rockville Centre. This is just the beginning…. of the press release, that is.
DIOCESE OF ROCKVILLE CENTRE
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
For … Continue reading
This is from my friend Jeffrey Tucker’s The Chant Cafe
Last February (it seems like years ago), InsideCatholic ran my article called Pay to Pray: The Church’s Simony Problem. Based on years of thought and research, I took aim at … Continue reading
The Italian daily La Stampa had an article yesterday about the US diplomatic documents leaked on the internet. In this case, they concerned the papal conclave of 2005.
The highlights of the article.
Before the election the staff of the US embassy … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness offered a story about modern martyrs on his blog recommending that we read more about them.
To begin, here is what he posted at his place:
Theresa Marie Moreau at Veritas Est Libertas writes of the story of the … Continue reading
I met with my literary group tonight. We read some Yeats and G.M. Hopkins.
I did the cooking for the meal to follow.
Tonight we were in Rome.
And I am pleased that what we had tonight tasted precisely as you would … Continue reading