You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
- cathgrl said A guy walked into a church during Mass and killed...
- Cazienza said APX said: “AT” the altar. This is really starting...
- sirlouis said The full report says that all 178 Latin rite dioce...
- Lucia Maria said This is all really interesting in regards to a pri...
- PostCatholic said I think Mrs Child would be delighted with the anal...
- Scott W. said We should see the survey for what it is: sour grap...
- Paul M. said “No one seems to care that these prayers are...
- maryh said http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2013/05/...
- acardnal said “The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with...
- maryh said Does this work? http://old.usccb.org/romanmissal/s...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: Robtbrown His right to receive on...
- Austin Catholics said URL?
- Priam1184 said Entirely correct. If the tabernacle were placed b...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thomas S says: What other acts committed in a chur...
- frjim4321 said Mary, I need to find a text to copy and paste. I w...
- Gail F said Sheesh. I am glad I’m not a priest after rea...
- The Masked Chicken said “The whistleblowers say they aim to provide...
- jhayes said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. R...
- Will D. said Some years ago, the police shot and killed a man a...
- The Masked Chicken said “Indeed. Lay people do not have rights when...
- maryh said @frjim4321 I’m curious myself. Could you giv...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 18 November 2010
I was standing in a gallery of the Tate Britain looking at a piece by William Blake… this one as a matter of fact…
… when I had an SMS to check mail.
Therein I found a link to something mentioned during … Continue reading
ante diem xiv kalendas decembres
Mercatus — in the wake of the lengthy ludi Plebeii, the Romans needed a few days to restock their cupboards
ca. 64 A.D. — upside down crucifixion of Peter
303 A.D. — martyrdom of Hesychius of … Continue reading
Vatican City, Nov 18, 2010 / 02:28 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The head of the Church of England, Archbishop Rowan Williams of Canterbury met privately in Rome with Pope Benedict XVI on Nov. 18.
The meeting comes at an … Continue reading
Damian Thompson, whom I was able to see in NYC but not in London for some reason, posted this enlightening entry:
Why is Summorum Pontificum a dead letter in Scotland? I’ve been contacted by a student at St Andrews University who … Continue reading
From the Catholic League:
ARCHBISHOP DOLAN’S CRITICS FREAK OUT
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the way some of the critics of New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan are reacting to his election yesterday as the new head of the United States … Continue reading
From a reader:
What do you think about the following announcement at Mass: “At the
rear of the church, please pick up a paper leaf and write on it what
you are thankful for this year. We will put all of them on … Continue reading
Yesterday I spent a glorious afternoon in the Victoria and Albert Museum in the galleries for the Medieval and Renaissance periods. If you haven’t been, do go.
Today I believe I must go to the Tate Britain. I understand there are … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this story on Corruption Chronicles, a “judicial watch” blog.
Remember the photo the other day of a woman religious (probably not from a community in the LCWR) get once-over by the TSA?
Napolitano May Exempt Muslims … Continue reading
There is a slow seismic tremor running very deep, but it is discernible.
For example, some in the UK are saying that the Bishops meetings there ought to be live-streamed so that the Catholic people know what is going on. People … Continue reading
Here is an interesting piece of news from the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where His Excellency Most. Rev. Robert Finn has the reins. From the blog of the diocesan newspaper The Catholic Key:
Beatification Cause for Founder of Mary’s House … Continue reading