Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Netmilsmom said Oh my Goodness! Thank you! It’s hard to fin...
- Gerard Plourde said @Polycarpio, @mamajen I agree completely with your...
- Legisperitus said wmeyer: Motus in fine velocior.
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Marysann said Thank you, Father Z.
- guans said “whenever a little thing is left to it, ther...
- Polycarpio said As a lawyer, I appreciate the preference by some f...
- Mariana2 said Thank you, Father! Most salutary, the Sheen quote!...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father, wonderful post! Love Ablativus Abs...
- Dan said A quick bit of math: If the U.S.A have a populatio...
- excalibur said Working fine.
- PostCatholic said That data also correlates to the suggestion that t...
- Chon said Oops, correction, the article just said Yerby et a...
- The Daily Capybara & a Bit of Legend - BigPulpit.com said [...] S. Benitez Tolerance & Graciousness in t...
- Why Latin Mass Onlyists are Destroying the Latin Mass said [...] balanced and honorable Fr. Z also writes...
- majuscule said Thank you mamajen. You have put it into words much...
- Chon said Just found this …Sorry for the multiple post...
- Chon said Here’s another news source with a tiny bit m...
- Chon said Majuscule…if you click on the link Warren po...
- jameeka said Digress away, Father Z. You have surpassed yoursel...
- Franklinwasright said Thank you Father, I found this post to be very edi...
- PA mom said This is a very moving point he makes. It reminds...
- lsclerkin said Listened from the blog, here. Like cool, fresh wat...
- benedetta said So it’s OK for this guy to quote the leader...
- mamajen said I remember when Pope Francis was first elected, I...
- MaryofSharon said These LENTCAzT are the first Fr. Z podcasts to wh...
- LeeF said I find it very sad that so many faithful Catholics...
- benedetta said I pantaloni!
- benedetta said What to say about that percentage which identifies...
- Ben Kenobi said “There are plenty of people, too many in fac...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
- ASK FATHER: Gelatin during Lent
- What does the TLM mean to you?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 19 November 2010
Want a traditional baptism with the Roman Rite?
Have a deacon but not a priest?
From a deacon reader:
I [...] was recently ordained to the transitional diaconate, asked me whether church law allows him to perform a Baptism using the Extraordinary Form. … Continue reading
Here is the sort of thing we are accustomed to learn from the National Catholic Fishwrap.
Priest advocates ordination of women, expects dismissal
by Tom Roberts on Nov. 19, 2010
It would be difficult to imagine, as things now stand in the church, … Continue reading
I have had lately numerous requests for me to push this event or that special Mass. I would like to help, but were I to do this all the time, this blog would be taken over.
However, I’ll open this first … Continue reading
Benedict’s XVI’s new book-length interview is coming.
From the Catholic Herald we have an interview with the papal interviewer:
Peter Seewald: ‘I know of few young people so alive, so curious and so modern as the Pope’ [Fascinating.]
The German author talks about … Continue reading
This coming Sunday is the last “green” Sunday after Pentecost. Can it be true? Advent begins the Sunday after.
At Holy Innocents Church in Manhattan there will be a Mass at 10 am in the Traditional Roman Rite (37th Street between … Continue reading
From The Telegraph:
Churches lose their vicars as Anglicans “jump ship” for Rome, warns Rowan Williams
The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, has warned that parishes will be left without vicars as hundreds of Anglicans “jump ship” for Rome.
By Tim Ross, … Continue reading
Londoners can thank me for the good weather. It always clears up here as I am about to depart.
Fish and chips is in order I think.
And a few last errands and places.
Yesterday we had a glimpse of the CDW’s revision of the ICEL text of the Roman Missal which had been approved by the USCCB and sent for Rome’s approval, which it obtained. The revised text was leaked and put on … Continue reading
CNS via CMR:
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) today likened the United States of America to Iran, North Korea and Pakistan because those nations also do not allow homosexuals in their militaries.
Boxer likened the U.S.A. to the Communist … Continue reading