Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Nicolas Bellord said “as high as 83% favorable, the view many peo...
- Brooklyn said “Obama is figure of deep and increasing divi...
- Genna said Congregations at my parish still divided into fami...
- Chon said Mass attendance seems about the same here. I haven...
- jacobi said What Francis has done is to make ordinary orthodox...
- Bea said There are 2 parishes in our town. Ours (the more t...
- Traductora said While the Eucharistic Minister types and other suc...
- nola catholic said Is this Fr. Paul Mankowski, S.J. the same as wrote...
- JMody said First, we have a parish that seems to fill the bui...
- zag4christ said I want to apologize for the what I have come to se...
- Thorfinn said The biggest change seems to be not among Catholics...
- disco said I actually have noticed an increase in attendance...
- J_Cathelineau said In my parish the age average is increasing and the...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said It turned out to be very hard to do what I thought...
- Mojoron said Reincarnate JPII or bring back BXVI. I’m sca...
- jfk03 said No “Francis effect” based on my limite...
- mysticalrose said I have witnessed no Francis effect. The primary re...
- HeatherPA said I second the notion that the only gushing praise I...
- djc said I actually think Catholics are more united which i...
- Fr. W said The priests I know in the Chicago area have expres...
- Dominicanes said My father, an Italian who rarely went to Mass but...
- OrthodoxChick said I live in the same general area as Kathleen10, whi...
- Mike said On the surface, not much has changed in my parish...
- cregduff said I feel compelled to say something about this post....
- FrG said I voted three hours. Can we have a three hour fast...
- APX said I think getting rid of EMHCs, CITH and bringing ba...
- jhayes said The Pew report is HERE...
- Priam1184 said If there is any change in Mass attendance it is in...
- JesusFreak84 said My area is unchanged since the Pontificate of JPII...
- BenFischer said I’m in Dallas. I have noticed much differen...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 22 November 2010
Elizabeth Scalia wrote the following about Communion in the hand. My emphases and comments.
Communion; Hand or Mouth?
via The Anchoress by Elizabeth Scalia on 11/22/10
Yesterday at Mass, my husband noticed that on the floor of our pew, by our feet, was … Continue reading
The respected, clear-thinking canonist Ed Peters of In the Light of the Law has offered a blistering assessment of the role of the Vatican’s daily L’Osservatore Romano in regard to the latest in a string of media screw-ups.
My emphases and … Continue reading
Here is an interesting bit from the DICI site of the SSPX:
GENERAL HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
Filed under From Tradition, News
The Superior General, Bishop Bernard Fellay, has learnt by the press of Bishop Richard Williamson’s decision, just ten days before his trial, … Continue reading
Sandro Magister has an English translation of some of the Holy Father’s book-interview with Peter Seewald, Light of the World.
Among the bits provided there is something about the Holy Father’s choice to change the bidding prayer for the Jews on … Continue reading
Remember that document that was supposed to come out about the implementation of Summorum Pontificum?
For a while now I have been less than eager to see it issued.
On the other hand, there is little likelihood that that such a document … Continue reading
I was on an airplane for most of this… but I understand that the silver trumpets, retired from use by Paul VI, were used in the Vatican Basilica for the consistory.
Any news on that?
First, keep in mind that Papa Ratzinger was talking to a guy who had a microphone. How is that the same as an official act of the Vicar of Christ exercising his magisterium?
Also, he was asked if the Church is … Continue reading
I had a great day yesterday not writing about the Pope and condoms.
After a Solemn High Mass at Holy Innocents in Manhattan, with music of De Victoria and the presence of a group of college students, I dashed up to … Continue reading