- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Marchelli said For my friend who was hit by a car while walking h...
- Paul M. said tcreek: There was no “reinstatement of the m...
- Siculum said Once again, Father Z is very right about us EF-ers...
- yatzer said Very difficult to keep from wallowing in discourag...
- juventutemDC said Thank you Fr. Z for your encouragement at the end!...
- excalibur said ….multiplying attacks on sports, on football...
- robtbrown said tcreek, The Kennedys are rich and famous, and th...
- excalibur said I had linked to several articles regarding this on...
- robtbrown said kpoterack, 1. I don’t think it’s ju...
- tcreek said This is what happens when the “Church”...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Interesting comments to my brother Gabriel’s...
- robtbrown said Johnno, 1. That’s a matter of a quick, sim...
- Woody said Many thanks for this, Father. My own hunch (and it...
- happyCatholic said Some of my prayer petitions recently are to truly...
- happyCatholic said Clinton, Your comment is even more prescient than...
- Legisperitus said The “corporal works of mercy” advice i...
- happyCatholic said Listened online! Thank you!
- Andy Lucy said Elizabeth D, if it be your choice to refuse to tak...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said 26:14: “… a more palpable expression o...
- Matt R said HighMass, I believe he does, though I suggest you...
- kpoterack said “But my question is: what’s the fuss about?...
- Clinton said The current Obamacare laws are just the beginning....
- acricketchirps said Well, at least I’m sure we can all agree tha...
- LadyMarchmain said Lisa, StJude, BenKenobi: We are all in the same b...
- Johnno said There are SOME INSTANCES of divorced/remarried peo...
- Bob B. said Since federal law doesn’t want to be discrim...
- Priam1184 said @The Chicken: You’re right, I could care le...
- notenoughflair said Curious that this comment came up right about the...
- CatholicMD said The Pope is going to have to start to clarifying s...
- Vecchio di Londra said I think it might transform the NO for the better i...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 23 November 2010
It has been a busy day.
Here is one reason:
Prayer Request – Mothership Problem
And because the Mac using PC snarkers have chimed in, I have started a “Get a Mac” fund.
Here are some recent posts:
Fr. Fessio on what Pope Benedict … Continue reading
There is a poll on the site of the New York Daily News attached to a story about an 88 year old man who shot his wife in the head to end her suffering.
As of now.
UPDATE 24 Nov 1755 GMT:
I … Continue reading
USEFUL ANALOGY ALERT
“Pope Approves Padded Pipes for Mugging”
You would do well to read this carefully and use it in conversations.
Fr. Joseph Fessio, SJ, wrote a piece for Reuters which means that it will get a little visibility.
Did the Pope … Continue reading
The “head” of the Church of England gives the “body” of the Church of England a warning.
Queen gives warning to Church of England synod
The Queen has spoken of the “difficult” and “painful” choices facing the Church of England as … Continue reading
This is the sort of shallow, asinine, perhaps even mendacious BS we all knew would crop up in the mainstream media.
NOTA BENE: This headline is a LIE.
Note also that the URL for the story indicates something quite different.
UPDATE 2258 GMT:
I … Continue reading
My friend Greg Burke, the Rome correspondent for Fox News, has an article about the Pope’s new interview-book and the biggest news to come from it.
Keep in mind, folks, that the whole Condom Conundrum, is energy-consuming frivolity compared to this … Continue reading
From a reader:
The folks at Rorate Caeli have posted that Pius XII granted an indult
for Americans to eat meat on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Is this
indult still in effect?
I don’t know. Probably not. Also, it doesn’t make any difference if … Continue reading
From time to time I have opined about why the Pope says certain things that are sure to provoke controversy.
Some people have suggested that he is naive about the press (e.g., Regensburg, this condom thing).
I don’t buy that.
I have told … Continue reading
Here is a CNS story by fellow Minnesotan John Thavis with my emphases and comments.
Vatican clarifies pope’s reference to ‘male prostitute’ in condoms comment
Posted on November 23, 2010 by John Thavis
VATICAN CITY — When Pope Benedict commented in a new … Continue reading