HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gaetano: Perhaps some of those funds people have withheld from their local diocese could make their way to this parish as a sign of support. Prayers are great, but money keeps the lights on and the...
- TonyO: The point of the standing in line remark is that communican ts are supposed to be free to go whenever they like, and that anyone not going to receive should be free to keep his knees planted...
- Tito Edwards: You may want to try using the Brave browser. It uses the same engine as Chrome, ie, Chromium, so you can transfer all of your bookmarks & passwords over without a hitch. And they...
- Toan: Let’ s say your perish is good, but your diocese is not good. I hear that the diocese requires perishes to tithe 10% or so on offertory collection s generally. I have also heard,...
- Tito Edwards: Bishop Barron is now a ‘bis hop’ & no longer a priest only. So my question is, what is going to do about it in the Archdioces e of Los Angeles. He is now in a posit...
- bibi1003: I prayed to St. Michael the Archangel for all of you who walked down to the bar yesterday. I also prayed for the protection of all of Ottawa. May God bless and shield you.
- HeatherPA: Satire aside, this is… just so deeply, embarrassi ngly awful. That woman with her sign, attempting to interrupt Holy Mass with her garbled baying. What? Does she truly in her heart...
- Gregg the Obscure: I’ve been reading Fr. Z’s blog for many years. This is one of the best posts to date along with the audiopost about Gaudet Mater Ecclesia.
- Jonathan Marshall: “It was no life for the faint-hear ted, the timid or the too gentle, or the openly sensitive& #8221; – but that’ ;s just what it has become in the last 50 years....
- rtattersall: Mass against pagans? It was reparation s and adoration against Satanists last night here in Ottawa. Our Archbishop and several priests led prayers on the steps of Notre Dame Basili...
- Semper Gumby: A Chuck Norris meme. When Chuck Norris attends a feminist rally he comes back with his shirt ironed and a sandwich.
- Richard A: I loved the younger white guy defending Father, and the younger white woman trying to get that older woman to tone it down after Mass. And then a group of old white folks singing ̶...
- MitisVis: You may also want to look at Ghostery as some extra control of unwanted meddling. I also use Win7 and many other OS’s
- rollingrj: As a reminder, Romano Guardini devoted separate chapters of “The Spirit Of The Liturgy 221; to both the work (The Seriousnes s…) and play (The Playfulnes s…) invol...
- Scott Woltze: Many local faithful went to the morning mass at St. Francis today to support Fr. George, and it was a beautiful mass. Fr. George is an exceptiona l priest: very reverent, devout,...
- Charles E Flynn: We must maintain the infrastruc ture of these parishes, in case they get recaptured by Catholics.
- RK3: Right on, Fr. Z. Parishes and dioceses should be looking to the future and planning towards maintainin g parishes and dioceses when the money pits dry up. Don’ t forget, too, that most...
- Richard A: Surely not on Friday!
- GrumpyYoungMan: Diocesan TLM. The ordinary way to receive God’ s mercy is through sacramenta l confession .
- ChesterFrank: The Mass of all the Ages becomes the Mass of all the Aged. If you don’ t like something have a spittle flecked nutty, that was the lesson to the following generation s. Maybe I...
- JTH: Bishop Emeritus: Through all the tumult we face today, remember to love one another.
- Semper Gumby: A friend has pointed out a problemati c excerpt in an article titled “How to Think Like a Terrorist& #8221; by the excellent John Zmirak: “An act of terror is one that...
- Les Buissonets: Readers who enjoy ‘Gra ndmother and the Priests 217;/̵ 7;To See the Glory̵ 7; might also like the same authorR 17;s ‘The Man who Listens 217; and its...
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson: I would offer to appoint as pastor any priest who has been ordained from this community in the last 20 years.
- Semper Gumby: A friend has remarked on an article from several days ago by the excellent Bradley Birzer. Unfortunat ely, the “Hor rors of Modern Public Opinion 221; apparently relies on a...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
- ASK FATHER: Was I automatically excommunicated?
- Fr. Murray makes a point – VIDEO
- Great. Just… great! Another thing to worry about.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 1 December 2010
Here is an offering from the Catholic Sentinel, the twice monthly publication of Oregon Catholic Press, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Portland. Rev. Mr. Cummings answers a question. Why is the Latin Mass not offered more? [Scottish-born, Irish-trained] … Continue reading
I have a hard time trusting the press when reporting things such as this. I am inclined to believe what LifeSite reports. Still, I think this requires additional explanations. I thought that the Russian Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church … Continue reading
I noted at the site of the young Papist that Apple decided to remove the Manhattan Declaration from their app store. I noted at the same site that the obviously illegitimate “catholic” group “Catholics For Equality” – a pro-homosexual organization … Continue reading
Here are a few recent posts you might not want to miss. Card. Ratzinger wanted a revision of penal section of Code in 1988 QUAERITUR: using really old Holy Water Do your sins bug you? QUAERITUR: Hanukkah Benedict’s Christ is … Continue reading
Over at NLM there is a very useful entry, which also asks from some help from people who are competent in German. At the German site of Vatican Radio there was an interview with the Secretary of my old haunt … Continue reading
My friend John L. Allen, Jr., the nearly-ubiquitous fair-minded columnist sadly still writing for the NCR has an interesting piece you will want to read with care. Keep in mind that while “smoking gun” is usually a negative image, this … Continue reading
The new blog software is more exacting about selecting comments for the moderation queue. Don’t freak out if your comments sometimes wind up in moderation. Then again, something I flag people for moderation. There is crazy finch traffic at the … Continue reading
From a reader: Retrieving some books from storage this afternoon, I came across a bottle of holy water that I filled at the shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham a *long* time ago — more than 20 years ago. The … Continue reading
Been to confession lately? Preachers often reach for analogies to help people understand spiritual realities. Here is a good one, picked up from Ironic Catholic. If you are squeamish, read this anyway whether it is fiction or not. New York, … Continue reading
From a reader: Is it okay for us to observe Hanukkah in anyway? It think it depends on what you mean by “observe”. We can sure watch with respect what Jews do at this time of year. After all, the … Continue reading
My friend Samuel Gregg of the Acton Institute is one of the smartest writers, commentators I know. He has a very good piece on the blog of the Acton Institute about Pope Benedict’s book-length interview which goes beyond the Condom … Continue reading
Advent is a season of preparation for the Second Coming of the Lord as well as celebration of the First Coming, the Nativity of the Lord. Many include in their observance of Advent many of the trimmings and trappings of … Continue reading
Sandro Magister, Italian Vaticanista, has a thought provoking piece today which deals with criticisms of Pope Benedict XVI and what he said offered by his supporters. I’ll include here just the first part. Go to Magister’s site for the whole … Continue reading