"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- robtbrown said So much for the Abp Marini to SCDW rumors (and fea...
- NonAngelusSedAnglus said He sounds like a good egg – and by all accou...
- JBS said Spade, We should listen to them, they just “...
- Spade said So, guess we are supposed to listen to Africa afte...
- Qwikness said All these sex abusers are homosexual. I’m st...
- Charles E Flynn said @majuscule: Correct (bottom of the page): http://p...
- Dutchman said Tonight St. Hugh in Coral Gables is celebrating it...
- majuscule said How about: “Guinean Cardinal Robert Sarah st...
- Joe in Canada said And let us pray for Mr Bean, that he come to know...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said My copy is sitting on my wife’s nightstand....
- oldcanon2257 said excalibur says: Meanwhile, there apperas to be a...
- truthfinder said The curia needs to be reformed, but this just soun...
- TNCath said Maradiaga is perhaps the most dangerous man in the...
- Emilio said A little more on topic, I’m very grateful fo...
- MouseTemplar said Just as I was praying for an “alms project...
- Emilio said Maradiaga as an active member of the Curia? Heaven...
- jaykay said Ah ahm sheurked, Fadderh Zay, sheurked…
- Kathleen10 said I had a cause I headed up recently, an historic bu...
- Siculum said Moderator of the Curia? Like a typical/garden var...
- Charles E Flynn said Here is a perspective on the papacy that looks bac...
- Kathleen10 said I’m surprised he couldn’t buy his way...
- Philippa Martyr said Quote No 1: “Terry Bean is a highly respect...
- wanda said Amateur Scholastic, I coudln’t agree more....
- juergensen said No big surprise. The connection between homosexual...
- Robbie said Edward Pentin reports Cardinal Robert Sarah is lik...
- Traductora said The Pope is already functioning on the Obama level...
- disco said Julian- Liberals don’t think like that. You&...
- Kerry said Oncorhynchus mykiss…? No, Eptatretus stouti
- Julian Barkin said Father, this isn’t a very effective strategy...
- JBS said As long as there’s a good man at the CDF and...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 December 2010
Here is an offering from the Catholic Sentinel, the twice monthly publication of Oregon Catholic Press, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Portland.
Rev. Mr. Cummings answers a question.
Why is the Latin Mass not offered more?
[Scottish-born, Irish-trained] Deacon Owen Cummings
Q … Continue reading
I have a hard time trusting the press when reporting things such as this. I am inclined to believe what LifeSite reports.
Still, I think this requires additional explanations.
I thought that the Russian Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church were drawing … Continue reading
I noted at the site of the young Papist that Apple decided to remove the Manhattan Declaration from their app store. I noted at the same site that the obviously illegitimate “catholic” group “Catholics For Equality” – a pro-homosexual organization … Continue reading
Here are a few recent posts you might not want to miss.
Card. Ratzinger wanted a revision of penal section of Code in 1988
QUAERITUR: using really old Holy Water
Do your sins bug you?
Benedict’s Christ is not a teddy bear: Analysis … Continue reading
Over at NLM there is a very useful entry, which also asks from some help from people who are competent in German.
At the German site of Vatican Radio there was an interview with the Secretary of my old haunt the … Continue reading
My friend John L. Allen, Jr., the nearly-ubiquitous fair-minded columnist sadly still writing for the NCR has an interesting piece you will want to read with care.
Keep in mind that while “smoking gun” is usually a negative image, this is … Continue reading
The new blog software is more exacting about selecting comments for the moderation queue. Don’t freak out if your comments sometimes wind up in moderation. Then again, something I flag people for moderation.
There is crazy finch traffic at the feeders … Continue reading
From a reader:
Retrieving some books from storage this afternoon, I came across a bottle of holy water that I filled at the shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham a *long* time ago — more than 20 years ago. The bottle … Continue reading
Been to confession lately?
Preachers often reach for analogies to help people understand spiritual realities.
Here is a good one, picked up from Ironic Catholic.
If you are squeamish, read this anyway whether it is fiction or not.
New York, NY: [There has been … Continue reading