Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Lucy C said I think I can officially say that we are on “...
- rhetoric57 said Tomorrow, Thursday 31st July is the feast of St Ig...
- Pastor Bonus said Who are the 5 Cardinals involved?
- mrshopey said My daughter had her first child, my first grandchi...
- Henry Edwards said ASPM Sem: Certainly, a seminarian who’s bee...
- KylieP said I’ve been accepted to the convent! I will be...
- JABV said I married my best friend on Saturday after seven y...
- djc said Our bills are paid and our family’s health i...
- JesusFreak84 said IMHO, it is problematic whether the Jesuits have m...
- The Astronomer said PRAISE JESUS, HIS IMMACULATE MOTHER and ST. PADRE...
- ReginaMarie said Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Parma Annual Pilgrim...
- robtbrown said jhayes, Although I’m not enthusiastic about...
- pelerin said Martlet’s comment made me laugh and reminded...
- Dundonianski said To robtbrown’s question “did the Pope...
- Philippa Martyr said ASPM Sem: anyone may wear a biretta properly! Even...
- vetusta ecclesia said ASPM Sem: anyone may wear a biretta properly!
- Johnno said No wonder the wolves in the Vatican are trying so...
- Johnno said Steps seem pretty clear to me.. 1) Locate thriving...
- Philippa Martyr said Waiting for a busload of nuns to come and complain...
- Gratias said The way this story develops according to the above...
- Gratias said Pope Francis asked Catholics to “make lío...
- jflare said “the 2nd amentment is hardly natural lawR...
- Philippa Martyr said PS. Ordination to the Priesthood this Saturday in...
- Philippa Martyr said A dear young couple from our church welcomed their...
- Siculum said To my own surprise, I feel as if I have substantia...
- Dienekes said I think that there IS a certain duty incumbent upo...
- mo7 said By their fruits you shall know them. Followed by...
- Giuseppe said Every time I hear “Who am I to judge?”...
- ASPM Sem said Can seminarians properly wear birettas?
- Giuseppe said Which Cardinals? The Pope Emeritus is a former car...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 December 2010
Here is an offering from the Catholic Sentinel, the twice monthly publication of Oregon Catholic Press, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Portland.
Rev. Mr. Cummings answers a question.
Why is the Latin Mass not offered more?
[Scottish-born, Irish-trained] Deacon Owen Cummings
Q … Continue reading
I have a hard time trusting the press when reporting things such as this. I am inclined to believe what LifeSite reports.
Still, I think this requires additional explanations.
I thought that the Russian Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church were drawing … Continue reading
I noted at the site of the young Papist that Apple decided to remove the Manhattan Declaration from their app store. I noted at the same site that the obviously illegitimate “catholic” group “Catholics For Equality” – a pro-homosexual organization … Continue reading
Here are a few recent posts you might not want to miss.
Card. Ratzinger wanted a revision of penal section of Code in 1988
QUAERITUR: using really old Holy Water
Do your sins bug you?
Benedict’s Christ is not a teddy bear: Analysis … Continue reading
Over at NLM there is a very useful entry, which also asks from some help from people who are competent in German.
At the German site of Vatican Radio there was an interview with the Secretary of my old haunt the … Continue reading
My friend John L. Allen, Jr., the nearly-ubiquitous fair-minded columnist sadly still writing for the NCR has an interesting piece you will want to read with care.
Keep in mind that while “smoking gun” is usually a negative image, this is … Continue reading
The new blog software is more exacting about selecting comments for the moderation queue. Don’t freak out if your comments sometimes wind up in moderation. Then again, something I flag people for moderation.
There is crazy finch traffic at the feeders … Continue reading
From a reader:
Retrieving some books from storage this afternoon, I came across a bottle of holy water that I filled at the shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham a *long* time ago — more than 20 years ago. The bottle … Continue reading
Been to confession lately?
Preachers often reach for analogies to help people understand spiritual realities.
Here is a good one, picked up from Ironic Catholic.
If you are squeamish, read this anyway whether it is fiction or not.
New York, NY: [There has been … Continue reading