Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- MaryAgnesLamb said Just saw this, Father, so prayers commencing now!
- JNVA said Thank you, Father!
- Dave N. said What’s “left to fix” are the bis...
- JoyfulMom7 said Sub tuum praesidium confugimus, Sancta Dei Genetri...
- Cantor said Forgive my bluntness, but Mr. Donahue’s cont...
- Bea said Prayers for you . Take care of yourself, Father. C...
- jflare said jhayes, Whether the USCCB-approved report admit to...
- Vecchio di Londra said The Download link usually works reliably on Google...
- pj_houston said You know the pornographication of our culture is...
- Luvadoxi said Praying Father! What Patrick-K said. Rest as muc...
- Elizium23 said I believe in the tenets of our Church. It’s...
- Minnesotan from Florida said This has been a most enlightening thread, although...
- Scott W. said Well let’s see. –Buffalo got Bp. Malo...
- Vecchio di Londra said Get Well Soon, Father. Psalm 29 said just now for...
- VARoman said I am also blessed to be in the Diocese of Arlingto...
- RJ Sciurus said Ironically, one of Bishop Finn’s first initi...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “I wonder if the omission of t...
- Hans said It’s lovely. Then again, it’s not too...
- Art said Done!
- Elizium23 said Hey guys, can’t the EF be offered at a frees...
- MaryW said Memorares offered for your speedy recovery, Father...
- robtbrown said jflare says: Um, frjim, what do you mean by “reser...
- Siculum said @New Sister: That so? Bishop Loverde confirmed me...
- iudicame said APX, “Fasting is pointless if by doing so it...
- Monica said Good to hear that Bishop Loverde will include this...
- Makemeaspark said Thank you father, worked pretty good, stopped twic...
- New Sister said @ acardnal – I am sorry you had to move away...
- New Sister said Abp Loverde gives the same homily at each Confirma...
- NoTambourines said A few years ago, financial necessity caused me to...
- SKAY said Thank you Father. You are in my prayers as always.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 6 December 2010
Here are some recent posts.
Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” intervenes in Croatia
REVIEW: Wyoming Catholic College Christmas Music CD
NCFishwrap has a new columnist! Prepared to be astounded.
Austrian MP tells it like he sees it. KABLAM!
QUAERITUR: cutting back confession hours before … Continue reading
It was apparent not long after 7 July 2007, when Summorum Pontificum was issued, that suddenly all sorts of bishops became intensely interested in implementing the defunct Ecclesia dei adflicta.
They right away began talking about “giving permission” and “granting celebrations”, … Continue reading
I had a note from the nice folks at Wyoming Catholic College – a great place. They have produced their second CD of Christmas Music.
It is very good! There are some unconventional tunes on this disk. It includes some medieval … Continue reading
NCFishwrap has a new weekly columnist.
No, it is not I. I haven’t been invited. Would I accep…. no.. no… don’t go there.
We have seen her before here, when she wrote a deeply conflicted piece begging for the affirmation of men … Continue reading
Here is an amazing piece of video from the Austrian Parliament.
Austrian MP Ewald Stadler speaks to the position of the Turkish Ambassador and tells off some of his colleagues.
During this, he addresses the lack of outrage when a Catholic Archbishop, … Continue reading
From a reader:
In the parish where I presently reside, it was announced today that the normal two hours of confessions heard on Saturdays, would be only one hour next week, and no more Saturday confessions before Christmas.
The three priests will … Continue reading
I am seeing a few old friends at the feeder right now. It is getting cold out there, so birds who are usually off look elsewhere are coming around. Also, I now have a heated bird bath! And they drink! … Continue reading
I have noticed a recent trend in TV commercials. It seems that companies are joining forces to have their products in one same commercial.
For example, yesterday, I saw a Jeep in a new video game. I saw a diamond ring … Continue reading
From a reader:
Do you have any tips for charitably explaining one’s devotion to the
TLM with those members of the Church, who, having attended the TLM in
their youth, remember it as something dreadful or imposing?
I think this will depend on the … Continue reading