- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Jean Marie said I meant to say the third female Carmelite. St. Jo...
- Jean Marie said As a 3rd Order Lay Carmelite I too am waiting for...
- Kathleen10 said I wish I was there too! Children ought to be read...
- Sissy said Thank you for posting this. St. Edith Stein is my...
- Elizabeth D said I would like to see more concern from everyone for...
- VexillaRegis said Thank you! I feel so spiritually strengthend by th...
- Scott W. said Presumably this all of this was written on John ...
- tcreek said My favorite saint is Edith Stein. This philosopher...
- JordanH said How can they seriously distance themselves from Ja...
- Justalurkingfool said As an abandoned spouse forced to defend the marria...
- torch621 said Bell, book and candle needs to be brought back.
- Aspie said Archbishop Baldisseri said sacraments instead of s...
- lsclerkin said I’m just smiling. And smiling and smiling. B...
- James said Bravo, Father! And many thanks! This has been a qu...
- James said Thank you for posting this, Fr. Z! “Full, co...
- vetusta ecclesia said What with St Nicholas on the 6th Dec. and St Ambro...
- torch621 said I’ll never understand the fascination with N...
- cathgrl said If you do any other research at the DIA during the...
- jameeka said dittos to above comments–in trying to find t...
- The Masked Chicken said “While increasing the wealth of the company...
- The Masked Chicken said “Though I think that for “saying” it suffice...
- dcs said If the Pope has no competence to speak on economic...
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you AMDG Kevin
- BridgetTheresa said Dear Father Z, To fully appreciate why so many TEO...
- Priam1184 said @Peggy R: You are correct that markets have existe...
- Cathy said I’ll admit the shoe kind of hurts. Perhaps,...
- Edward C. said Wonderful, Father. Thank you!
- lucaslaroche said Pardon my lack of charity, but I find it much more...
- Priam1184 said What is that relic you have of St. Ambrose? I am...
- robtbrown said 1. Acc to St Thomas a scientific discipline is de...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 15 December 2010
I have a very long ethernet cable that had broken connectors.
It was time to make a change.
I have had a cable crimper and tool for a long time and some connectors.
Hack off the bad connector.
In examining the cable carefully I … Continue reading
From one side….
And from the evil side….
Technorati Tags: evil, Planned Parenthood, prolife
Today, Ember Wednesday of Advent, those who have the use of the older, traditional Roman Missal, offer worship to God with the so-called Missa aurea, the “Golden Mass”.
There is a strong Marian overtone to today’s Mass formulary. The Roman … Continue reading
The nice people at Angelus Press sent me a 2011 Ordo… the Ordo Divini Officii Persolvendi Missaeque Sacrificii Peragendi Pro Anno Domini 2011.
This Ordo is in accordance with the rubrics established by John XXIII in Rubricarum instructum of 25Jul 1960.
This … Continue reading
Sometimes it’s the small things.
Filling up a large black garbage bag with clutter
Cleaning up your computer’s “desktop”
Not screwing up the chicken
The return of the chickadees after the blizzard
Getting your office finished at more or less the right hours of the … Continue reading
I just liked the way this turned out.
Last night I stuffed and roasted a chicken which was on a super sale. I almost never stuff chickens. Usually when I make a chicken I just use rosemary and lemon. Sadly, I … Continue reading
Here is the Collect for Wednesday of the 3rd Week of Advent.
Praesta, quaesumus, omnipotens Deus,
ut Filii tui ventura sollemnitas
et praesentis nobis vitae remedia largiatur,
et praemia aeterna concedat.
This prayer was in Rotulus 6 published with the Veronese Sacramentary. It was in … Continue reading