Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Lucchesi said I may be wrong, but I think that our adoration, ou...
- maskaggs said While very disappointed 1881 did not go to a vote,...
- Papabile said I have noticed several younger Priests in the lat...
- SophiaGrace said Amen
- ckdexterhaven said “Thank you Planned Parenthood, God bless you...
- Aquinas Gal said Mary McAleese is attending, I see–she suppor...
- Benedict Joseph said In an attempt to let these “individuals” off the h...
- MouseTemplar said The link to Fr. Finigan’s list of days for i...
- Aquinas Gal said I regularly attend Mass where one priest does elev...
- hilltop said Shutter the Greg. (Poor St. Gregory, pray for us.)...
- Iacobus M said Did I hear someone say something about “the...
- Felicia said I find the whole Synod brou-ha-ha to be so depress...
- Kerry said It is, I think, counter productive to oppose this...
- leon said Since this is a new thing with new priests, I susp...
- CharlesG said What galls me is the utter dishonesty of those who...
- Akita said Father, I wish the categories didn’t overlap...
- markomalley said Of course, we know by now that the vote failed. O...
- Michelle F said Thank you for the heads-up on this. One of my sena...
- Andrew Saucci said While I am all for getting government out of the b...
- Andrew Saucci said This makes a good case for small government. Why n...
- Uxixu said FSSP LA does everything a bit slower and more deli...
- mattwcu said What would happen if a good number of faithful fol...
- Clinton said It’s important to note that the $500+ millio...
- Trinitarian Dad said From the description of the situation, I believe I...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said For me, a question of more pressing concern would...
- Cranky Old Man said True enough, there is virtually no possibility of...
- Dennis Martin said The Sanger quote needs to be verified. That she h...
- mike cliffson said I would answer “none of the above ” T...
- Dennis Martin said correction: Obama would re-fund it by (unconstitit...
- Dennis Martin said And even if Congress were to defund PP, Obama woul...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL (29)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12 (20)
- Liberals – unmasked (19)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (17)
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS (15)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood (12)
- What I’m dealing with today (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Our Lady of the Clergy
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12
- Catholic League on the publicly funded hate speech in Milwaukee
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Memphis officer slain
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Las Cruces, NM: Bombs set off at Catholic and Baptist churches
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 16 December 2010
Via CMR: Abortion giant Planned Parenthood released its 2008-2009 Annual Report. And the news is horrific. Red State reports: Behind the colorful graphics and happy faces is a stark number: Planned Parenthood received $363 million in government grants and contracts … Continue reading
Time Magazine chooses, usually poorly, some “person of the year”. Time this year included Benedict XVI among “people who matter”, indicating his “Highs” and “Lows”. Time usually gets things about the Catholic Church wrong. I suspect they do that on … Continue reading
The European Court of Human Rights seems to think that abortion is a human right. From The Catholic Herald: European court rules that Ireland’s abortion laws breach human rights By Michael Kelly on Thursday, 16 December 2010 The European Court … Continue reading
Did you ever think to read that here? President Obama’s approval rating may be at an all time low, but today for me he ticked up a notch! POTUS signed a critically important world-changing piece of high impact legislation of … Continue reading
From a reader: Under stress, my mind goes blank. I find Confession really stressful, so therefore can not mentally absorb the advice of the priest nor remember hardly anything he says afterwards. I feel I am missing a lot of … Continue reading
I know we must suspend judgment… but… From His Hermeneuticalness: I had prepared a post to put up when the Vatican Bollettino announced that the new Apostolic Nuncio to Great Britain is Archbishop Antonio Mennini. However, the Tablet has now … Continue reading
My digital thermometer, has died. I thought it just needed a new battery. It served me well for many years.
From a reader: There is a parish in our diocese that offers a rather unique penance service with no individual confession offered. A penance service is held and people simply file up in a line, say to the priest “I … Continue reading
This Collect was in the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary. In the 1962MR it was one of the prayers for Ember Saturday of Advent. The cutting, snipping experts of Fr. Bugnini’s Consilium decided in their wisdom to add a word, salutari, for … Continue reading