Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- kelleyb said I think Botox has finally poached her brain cells....
- Simon_GNR said Allan S. “…. banished to penguin-la...
- TheDude05 said “But when discussing sex, the deepest human...
- LeeF said Why don’t these people just walk on down the...
- Imrahil said I’m not going in for lawbooks here, but I do...
- LarryW2LJ said Prayers for her soul (and all souls like these), t...
- Imrahil said As to temperance, there is, I guess, a certain for...
- yatzer said I know a woman who is also a “womanpriest...
- pelerin said Father – you write that you hope to have an...
- Magash said Reconverted Idiot: such temperance messages are no...
- andia said The only time I have heard applaus in church was w...
- tcreek said This books does not seem to claim that it is writt...
- JeremyB said Just switched to Acuity a few months ago. I’...
- benedetta said As a matter of fact, Pope Francis did reiterate th...
- Sonshine135 said I have no doubt in my mind that Mary Ann McCarthy...
- Patrick said I recently moved from Sheboygan – this flag...
- Lepidus said I was having a conversation with somebody who just...
- Amateur Scholastic said Still facing exactly the same troubles that I was...
- Doug R said “…it super really makes my day when ye...
- Imrahil said I’m not saying I particularly like the gener...
- bookworm said “God seems to have provided a reliable and r...
- The Suffering & Genocide of Iraqi Christians - BigPulpit.com said [...] Roberto de Mattei I’d Kill Myself if I...
- robtbrown said In the Divine Comedy those who are headed for Hell...
- jhayes said More from Francis on dialog vs. prosyletizing: ...
- Magash said For those who support women “priests”...
- rollingrj said One has to wonder if the words non serviam will be...
- ghp95134 said I am waiting for a translation in Japanese. Sorry...
- StJude said I love reading good news ! Congrats to jobs, bab...
- Legisperitus said Sophia Inclusive Catholic Community? Ah, of cours...
- KM Edwards said Thank you Father for preaching about Hell. I have...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- VIDEO 1950 – Pontifical Mass in Westminster Cathedral
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 December 2010
Abortion giant Planned Parenthood released its 2008-2009 Annual Report. And the news is horrific.
Red State reports:
Behind the colorful graphics and happy faces is a stark number: Planned Parenthood received $363 million in government grants and contracts from … Continue reading
Time Magazine chooses, usually poorly, some “person of the year”. Time this year included Benedict XVI among “people who matter”, indicating his “Highs” and “Lows”.
Time usually gets things about the Catholic Church wrong. I suspect they do that on purpose. … Continue reading
The European Court of Human Rights seems to think that abortion is a human right.
From The Catholic Herald:
European court rules that Ireland’s abortion laws breach human rights
By Michael Kelly on Thursday, 16 December 2010
The European Court of Human Rights has … Continue reading
Did you ever think to read that here?
President Obama’s approval rating may be at an all time low, but today for me he ticked up a notch!
POTUS signed a critically important world-changing piece of high impact legislation of global important … Continue reading
From a reader:
Under stress, my mind goes blank. I find Confession really stressful, so therefore can not mentally absorb the advice of the priest nor remember hardly anything he says afterwards. I feel I am missing a lot of good … Continue reading
I know we must suspend judgment… but…
From His Hermeneuticalness:
I had prepared a post to put up when the Vatican Bollettino announced that the new Apostolic Nuncio to Great Britain is Archbishop Antonio Mennini. However, the Tablet has now … Continue reading
My digital thermometer, has died. I thought it just needed a new battery.
It served me well for many years.
From a reader:
There is a parish in our diocese that offers a rather unique penance service with no individual confession offered. A penance service is held and people simply file up in a line, say to the priest “I am … Continue reading
This Collect was in the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary. In the 1962MR it was one of the prayers for Ember Saturday of Advent. The cutting, snipping experts of Fr. Bugnini’s Consilium decided in their wisdom to add a word, salutari, for … Continue reading