Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- grateful: Litany of Trust: https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=F9ap0Dai JyY From the belief that I have to earn Your love Deliver me, Jesus. From the fear that I am unlovable Deliver me, Jesus. From...
- Nathan: “Hum anae Vitae and the [JP2] theology of the body are completely absent. 221; And that, IMO, is an important reason why, in historical perspectiv e, this synod is likely to be...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: I use a huge rainbow-st riped umbrella, big enough to shelter two people from the rain. I bought it because it was raining cats and dogs one evening; I ducked into Sears,...
- Markus: Fr. Sotelo, you could be correct. In my (professio nal) dealings with the clergy, it always amazed me of the naivety of some clergy. The higher the position within the Church, the” less in...
- Ben Kenobi: “the end game is for these homosexual s” Confirmabi t autem pactum multis hebdomada una: et in dimidio hebdomadis deficiet hostia et sacrificiu m: et erit in templo abomin...
- crjs1: Sometimes the most obvious explanatio ns are true – that the cross represents Latin America and was gifted to the Holy Father who promptly put it on in that regard. Not everything is a...
- Johann: I don’ t see why this Synod is so important. Christians are being martyred in Africa, the Middle East, China ,etc. Secularism is persecutin g Christians in the West and threatenin g...
- fmsb78: This Church of synods and water down doctrine is sooooo boringR 30;
- The Cobbler: Vincent, Speaking as another man who hasn’ ;t always been able to do the right thing simply because it is the right thing, and who hasn’ ;t always practiced his faith, I hope...
- Fr_Sotelo: I have read throughout this comment box that the multi-colo red cross is a hidden LGBT symbol which is being flaunted but whose message is not explicit, but between the lines. Except not...
- OldProfK: Keep the faith (I know I’m preaching to the choir here)̷ 0;all that is happening at the Synod is man-propos ed, and ultimately , well, Proverbs 19:21.
- Kerry: Henceforth , a pectoral white flour, water and salt cross, painted with watercolor s, will be his entire costume on Halloween, when the Pillsbury dough boy wants to dress up as Bergoglio.
- Kathleen10: Absolutely nobody should be surprised by this. Most of us were predicting this a year ago, or whenever the synod plot was revealed. Naturally they have the end goal in mind and whate...
- chantgirl: MrsMacD- Yes, I forgot a few things- notably the Chinese fiasco and the death penalty shenanigan s. I guess it wasn’ ;t really an exhaustive list, but more of a highlights reel.
- HighMass: My Wife and I attended a Sunday Mass, said at his parish. Praise to him as he said a beautiful Mass, choir sang Aspergus Me, Misse Orbis Factor. It was one of the better Novus Ordo Masses...
- Gabriel Syme: dbf223, I believe your post above to be sincere, and I say this with the greatest respect, but I am genuinely amazed and horrified that – even at this stage – people will...
- MrsMacD: @chantgirl Don’ t forget that he threw the Chinese Catholics under the bus.
- defenderofTruth: The Theology of the Body, at least to me, was not considered “mag isterial 8221;, but essential to explaining the WHY of the ChurchR 17;s consistent teaching on sex,...
- Semper Gumby: Habemus Papam. Noli Temere. These JPII videos never get old.
- Benedict Joseph: While mournful to observe the abandonmen t of Christian comportmen t it is a good thing that the aberrant element unmask itself in order that it ultimately be found complet...
- LeeGilbert: Wow, Reginamate r, that is a keeper: “We need a new LGBT(Q) movement in the Church: Let God Be Triumphant (Quickly). ” Have not the “que ers” ( their term for...
- arga: Photoshopp ed, obviously. How could you fall for this, Fr. Z?
- WmHesch: For “docens”, read “discens”. My bad
- TonyO: Can we start a strategy to control the topic for the NEXT Synod: the most pressing crisis in the Church today – Pope Francis, most of the Vatican functionar ies, and a majority of the...
- WmHesch: Never understood why “Theology of the Body” is the end-all, be-all among JPII votaries. If we’re going to call a series of general audiences part of JPII’s “magisteri um”- why not Franc...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
- ASK FATHER: ” I feel that my Faith is just being torn apart”
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Australia and removal of all abortion restrictions
- Francis accepted Card. Wuerl’s two year old resignation, wrote him a Letter
- ASK FATHER: Official Latin of Fatima Rosary Prayer
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 16 December 2010
Abortion giant Planned Parenthood released its 2008-2009 Annual Report. And the news is horrific.
Red State reports:
Behind the colorful graphics and happy faces is a stark number: Planned Parenthood received $363 million in government grants and contracts from … Continue reading
Time Magazine chooses, usually poorly, some “person of the year”. Time this year included Benedict XVI among “people who matter”, indicating his “Highs” and “Lows”.
Time usually gets things about the Catholic Church wrong. I suspect they do that on purpose. … Continue reading
The European Court of Human Rights seems to think that abortion is a human right.
From The Catholic Herald:
European court rules that Ireland’s abortion laws breach human rights
By Michael Kelly on Thursday, 16 December 2010
The European Court of Human Rights has … Continue reading
Did you ever think to read that here?
President Obama’s approval rating may be at an all time low, but today for me he ticked up a notch!
POTUS signed a critically important world-changing piece of high impact legislation of global important … Continue reading
From a reader:
Under stress, my mind goes blank. I find Confession really stressful, so therefore can not mentally absorb the advice of the priest nor remember hardly anything he says afterwards. I feel I am missing a lot of good … Continue reading
I know we must suspend judgment… but…
From His Hermeneuticalness:
I had prepared a post to put up when the Vatican Bollettino announced that the new Apostolic Nuncio to Great Britain is Archbishop Antonio Mennini. However, the Tablet has now … Continue reading
My digital thermometer, has died. I thought it just needed a new battery.
It served me well for many years.
From a reader:
There is a parish in our diocese that offers a rather unique penance service with no individual confession offered. A penance service is held and people simply file up in a line, say to the priest “I am … Continue reading
This Collect was in the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary. In the 1962MR it was one of the prayers for Ember Saturday of Advent. The cutting, snipping experts of Fr. Bugnini’s Consilium decided in their wisdom to add a word, salutari, for … Continue reading
I know that some people out there, in the real world or the blogosphere… certainly no one here… writes as if she had magisterial authority. She may consider herself to have the same authority as, say, popes or … Continue reading
A reader sent me a link to a blog I had never seen, Priest’s Secretary for an especially irritating entry. The entry wasn’t irritating because the blog itself is loony. Rather, the story recounted in the entry was loony, and … Continue reading
Many Old Testament figures are accounted as saints by the Catholic Church.
Today is the commemoration of St. Haggai, one of the twelve prophets of the Old Testament.
Here is his entry in the Roman Martyrology:
1. Commemoratio sancti Aggaei, prophetae, qui, … Continue reading