- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Xmenno said I recently returned from my second trip to Rome, h...
- robtbrown said Father Maurer says: In the meantime, lectors are...
- Gail F said Also, it looks more Danish to me than German.
- JARay said I rather like what Andrew Napolitano is saying.
- Gail F said I’m sure I’ve seen a tabernacle by thi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Patra: I should be around.
- LadyMarchmain said Basher, your point is well taken, and I would even...
- Patra said Oops! I meant to say this Sunday at 9:30 Mass. S...
- Patra said I love wandering through the DIA. I’ve vis...
- jmgarciajr said Venerator Sti Lot: Here’s my understanding o...
- Shaolin, Snow, and Hope | confusionandknitting said [...] here. This time its on hope. Hope that we sh...
- gatormom said I don’t understand. I agree with everything...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Wow! I just explored the St. Nicholas Center page...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Something of possible interest I found, looking fo...
- Terry1 said After two years of reading and through the grace o...
- Kathleen10 said FrDulli, what an uncomfortable moment that must ha...
- Uxixu said @annmarie Government interference is hurting far m...
- lucindatcm said Thanks Father! I keep running into the word hope....
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said Is there anything this judge said that pertains to...
- samgr said It strikes me that those whose hometown was turned...
- PA mom said If I were trying to encourage very ideologically o...
- PA mom said Thank you boxer paws and others for your prayers....
- pgs said In the same cathedral, one of the confessionals ha...
- Jerome Vincent said Listened — thanks again, Father.
- MaryL said Capitalism, Trickle-down effect, Socialism –...
- samgr said A minor correction on Andrew Napolitano: He was a...
- mamajen said Five-year-old son says “That does NOT look l...
- Ryan said The only “ideologies” that believe in...
- ChesterFrank said IPADRE: the destruction of beauty is thousands upo...
- Johnno said CGPearson - There is some precedent for a method o...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 18 December 2010
I love the title of this entry. No, not the title of this entry… but Damian Thompson’s title on the entry where he posts Michael Voris’s latest.
Lesbian-hugging Marxist nuns have reduced US parishes to nuclear wasteland, Catholic pundit tentatively suggests
Mr. … Continue reading
His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke has been underscoring the interplay of civil law and the Church’s canon law. Last summer he organized a conference on that very subject.
This will be more and more important as the Church and state (and … Continue reading
The ACLU apparently believes in freedom for their pet causes, such as the free aborting of babies, but not religious freedom for Catholics.
I read on LifeSite:
ACLU targets Phoenix bishop for opposing hospital abortion
by Kathleen Gilbert
NEW YORK, December 16, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) … Continue reading
Remember the mutilation of the Holy Thorn Tree in Glastonbury, England?
From Jihad Watch:
“If Jews were to desecrate a Muslim holy tomb in the same manner, the whole world would rage and erupt.” Yep.
Islamic Tolerance Alert from Samaria: “Joshua’s Tomb vandalized … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file…
I wrote in the past about the wonder CD of Gregorian chant by the Benedictine nuns of Abbaye de Notre-Dame de l’Annonciation.
I wrote about the DVD, Watchmen of the Night, the monks at La Barroux … Continue reading
The Motley Monk has best summary I have seen so far (here and here – I am integrating his work here, but you should go there and read) of what is going on with the dust-up in Phoenix, Arizona between … Continue reading
In these final days of Advent preparation, the Church prays with great intensity. It is one of the “greater feria” of Advent, the home stretch, as it were.
Here is today’s
Concede, quaesumus, omnipotens Deus,
ut, qui sub peccati iugo … Continue reading