Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr_Sotelo: I also pray that Fr. Phillips is treated fairly and justly, and that the facts come to light. He is innocent until proven guilty. However, so are the authoritie s in the archdioces e of...
- clare joseph: This was really good, Father, thank you. The chanting was especially good, too.
- David: One final comment. There is a post above that says Fr. Phillips claimed that Pokeman will open you to demonic possession . I don’ t know the circumstan ces, but since that sort of...
- David: I have often wondered if would be remotely possible logistical ly to plan a mass demonstrat ion in Rome by people from all over the world in defense of the Faith. I’d book my flight...
- Elizabeth D: Separate the three accusers and ask them what kind of tree they caught Fr Phillips under. [Well done.]
- Fr AJ: Hopefully it is not like it is in my Diocese. We have men currently on leave 5+ years while their case is adjudicate d.
- Semper Gumby: Speaking of schools, Stella Morabito at The Federalist recently wrote an article: “13 Ways Public Schools Incubate Mental Instabilit y In Kids” ; subtitled: “...
- aldini10: I am a St John Cantius Parishione r (although I am co-registe red at Holy Name Cathedral) . I am a homeowner in Chicago 217;s Gold Coast; East Coast Educated; 5th Generation Chicago...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z.
- majuscule: ChesterFra nk— I hope you are being facetious!
- Mike: [Un-Be-Lie veable.] Eminently believable . Look at Providence College, where a student has been harassed and threatened with sodomite rape for openly defending marriage. The college 217;s...
- dbonneville: I will have to pardon Google Translate& #8217;s French, when converting from Italian to English, in the second to last paragraph O_o: https://pr nt.sc/itvh h1
- tamranthor: Goodness, frjim 4321, I don’ t know where you are from, but I have NEVER seen a women̵ 7;s care center advertise “abo rtions here.̶ 1; Every group I’ve worked...
- bobbird: Fr. Z, thanks for posting your comments in red. That allows us to see how 1) your site is being vetted by seemingly urbane trolls, or 2) how some Catholics are woefully misinforme d about...
- frjim4321: “[Un -Be-Lievea ble.]̶ 1; Do you really think we’r e going to protect life by supporting organizati ons that masquerade as medical clinics that are not? And by having...
- David: Another thought occurred to me last night about this. I wonder if an attempt is not being made to make things look like another Legionnair e scenario, where the community is hopeles...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Ave Maria: I cannot help but think of that other Fr. Phillips down in San Antonio who was removed for specious reasons just before Our Lady of the Atonement went to the Ordinariat e. And that St....
- Fallibilissimo: Dear Ultrarunne r, So that you don’ t think I’m scoffing at the idea of embracing technology , if the Church were to allow this and implement such a scheme, I̵...
- TonyO: I don’ t know anything about Fr. Phillips – except to know that his work of supporting tradition at St. John’ ;s is a “gre at work” ;. I don’ t pretend to...
- frjim4321: The rule came into existence, I think, because there has been a lack of transparen cy on the part of pro-birth organizati ons who quite intentiona lly hang out an “abo rtions...
- Suburbanbanshee: Ultrarunne r, you are making a category mistake. Confession is not about communicat ion. It is about the presence of Jesus, loosing sins through His priestR 17;s flesh and...
- Eoin OBolguidhir: Don’ t be naïve. It will not be quick. The PROCESS is the PUNISHMENT . Guilty or innocent 8217;s got nothing to do with it. He’s toast. He’l l never be back....
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 30 December 2010
Under another entry in the combox, our friend iPadre pointed out that, at the time of this writing. on the Vatican website, the Supreme Pontiff’s Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum is still provided only in
Latin and Hungarian.
Languages equally comprehensible to liberals.
Does … Continue reading
The Vatican website’s OCR copy of AAS 52 has blank pages for pp. 593-740.
John XXIII’s new code of rubrics, “Rubricae breviarii et missalis Romani,” is on pp. 622-42.
Those inclined to look for conspiracies might wonder whether someone were withholding this key resource … Continue reading
Kathryn Jean Lopez has a new article on the disturbing special run on MTV
(aka evil media sewer) earlier this week, in which a young woman from the reality TV show 16 and Pregnant decides to have an abortion, and MTV’s … Continue reading
From a reader asked a question about the post I made about the document Ecclesia de mysterio, which among other things requires that we avoid using Extraordinary Ministers of Communion to often or in too many numbers when circumstances don’t … Continue reading
From a reader:
I was wondering if you could help me out. Are Ember days optional in the Pauline Mass? I ask because a friend of mine says hat they have been done away with in the Pauline Mass because they’re … Continue reading
Documents from the Holy See were, once upon a time, composed in Latin. They tended to be clear and concise. Then things changed, with unfortunate results. Document over the last couple decades have sometimes been murky and often been far … Continue reading
Did you notice that Benedict XVI created a new “internal affairs” unit prevent problems with the Holy See’s finances, both internal and external?
There is a story on CNS which covers this better than I can.
I did note, however, that the … Continue reading
The Church’s sacred music played an important role in my conversion, when I was a young man. There is a great deal of work to do.
But perhaps just as in the spring rivers will thaw and log jams start … Continue reading
This is a note explicitly for priests.
Again, we are given an example of how Bp. Slattery of Tulsa is standing up and doing his work. Every diocese should have an appointed exorcist. I believe this is not always the case, … Continue reading