Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Netmilsmom said Prayers up!
- benedetta said Sounds like kind of a hit piece on the part of the...
- SKAY said Praying for you Father.
- Cathy said Lord Jesus, I pray this day that Father Zuhlsdorf,...
- Mr. Green said Cajuncath: The pope has made a crop of disturbing...
- Uxixu said I’ve been reading the Rule of the Templars w...
- Uxixu said Though I suppose they ARE a barrier, though I gues...
- Uxixu said @Wiktor my parish (built in 1960) has a marble alt...
- Patrick-K said Don’t overextend yourself. Have a hot whiske...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: But don’t trumpet the fact and don’t look...
- LeslieL said Ahhh….I’m sorry. Certainly sending pr...
- lsclerkin said Just prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for you. In L...
- Mr. Green said CrimsonCatholic: Why do so many Catholics read eve...
- APX said iudicame, Fasting is pointless if by doing so it m...
- Montenegro said Will do!
- Eugene said Just said a Hail Mary on your behalf Father. Pleas...
- McCall1981 said As always, you have my prayers. Hope you feel bett...
- UncleBlobb said Praying here, and get well soon, Father dear.
- frjim4321 said I would concede that it is an improvement although...
- yatzer said Of course, fervent prayers for you.
- frjim4321 said ” … exclusive presence … “
- lsclerkin said Confession Stations Holy Mass (TLM) rosary Holy Ho...
- tbakker said frjim4321 Oh, by the way, in which paragraph of t...
- Philippa Martyr said PS I note with approval that the comfy chairs have...
- Philippa Martyr said A restoration, not a wreckovation! Huzzah! People...
- Mr. Green said Wolfeken: At some point we need to stop blaming “t...
- frjim4321 said Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quotes the Joh...
- jhayes said Here are the 1979 CDF “Observations” o...
- pannw said His book, Human Sexuality, suspended all moral jud...
- Mike said Couldn’t use the popup in either IE or Chrom...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: January 2011
I saw this on CNS. My emphases and comments.
First, you might review this: the Magisterium of Nuns (and this).
CHA president affirms bishop’s role in interpreting health directives [Uh huh.]
By Nancy Frazier O’Brien
Catholic News Service
WASHINGTON (CNS) — In an exchange of … Continue reading
WDTPRS KUDOS to Fr. Lankeit!
Here is the text from his 30 January bulletin of the Cathedral of Sts. Simon and Jude in , Very Rev. Fr. Fr. John Lankeit.
Here is a link to the PDF if you want to see … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a member of a men’s Gregorian chant group, and recently a local priest whose parish we were singing at voiced reservations about our uniform (black cassock and white surplice). He preferred we not look like a … Continue reading
From a reader:
At Mass yesterday morning, the substitute priest forgot to show up.
Several members of the congregation took it upon themselves to have a “Communion Service” with all the readings, etc. One of the EMHCs
opened the Tabernacle and got the … Continue reading
From a deacon reader:
I was in the middle of some research last night and discovered some new tidbits on vestments. More precisely, the difference between a dalmatic and a tunicle. I captured a number of my thoughts on my blog … Continue reading
Pope Benedict, in his ongoing effort to heal the rupture that occurred in our worship when a composed, artificial rite was suddenly imposed on the Church, in 2007 put into effect the provisions of Summorum Pontificum, by far surpassing the … Continue reading
With the provisions of Anglicanorum coetibus, Benedict XVI (the Pope of Christian Unity) opened a door for and gave a place to Anglicans who desired unity with the Bishop of Rome in the Catholic communion. Certainly they were distressed by … Continue reading
I am at Our Savior on Park Avenue to hear a talk by the German writer Martin Mosebach.
Here are some audio clips, stitched together, from Holy Mass this morning at Holy Innocents in NYC. This was a Sung Mass in the Extraordinary Form. We were happy to have good polyphony and Gregorian chant … as there is … Continue reading
I am in Manhattan and eating with a friend in Chinatown at Shanghai Asian Manor (next to Transfiguration Church).
I am picky about Soup Dumplings.
These were good!
Then we had fried dumplings.
On to the Shredded Pork with Dried Bean Curd.
Back into the … Continue reading