You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
- The Sicilian Woman said VexillaRegis, that is a fine brigade of saints you...
- Helier said All 3 of my children have been altar servers ̵...
- Bob B. said Being a Catholic school teacher, I always felt it...
- Dave N. said @Robbie I only recently turned 36 so my history of...
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- Norah said Jeannie_C said: Breaking open the Word is as impor...
- Chuck3030 said I have had experiences primarily in two parishes/a...
- Laura Lea said I have a great fear of committing this sin. I rea...
- Kieninger said As pastor of a large parish where altar girls were...
- M. K. said The parish I grew up in during the 1980s and early...
- Elizabeth M said mamajen – Congratulations! Last Sunday my...
- StJude said My car which I rely on for work developed a horrib...
- Elizabeth M said I remember years ago attending a TLM at a SSXP cha...
- StJude said Chaplet of the Divine Mercy said for you all. For...
- RCOkie said For all those affected by the tornadoes in the las...
- robtbrown said APX says: If we really want to blame the lack of v...
- maryh said @APX If we really want to blame the lack of vocati...
- maryh said @Catholictothecore That’s not going to work....
- cyejbv said This is purely anecdotal: my 15 year old son was...
- JacobWall said For anyone following the Ontario “Gay-school...
- APX said If we really want to blame the lack of vocations o...
- Suburbanbanshee said For discernment of God’s will, now that I...
- kneeler said Three things! 1) I have 4 acres of grass to mow, a...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: January 2011
I saw this on CNS. My emphases and comments.
First, you might review this: the Magisterium of Nuns (and this).
CHA president affirms bishop’s role in interpreting health directives [Uh huh.]
By Nancy Frazier O’Brien
Catholic News Service
WASHINGTON (CNS) — In an exchange of … Continue reading
WDTPRS KUDOS to Fr. Lankeit!
Here is the text from his 30 January bulletin of the Cathedral of Sts. Simon and Jude in , Very Rev. Fr. Fr. John Lankeit.
Here is a link to the PDF if you want to see … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a member of a men’s Gregorian chant group, and recently a local priest whose parish we were singing at voiced reservations about our uniform (black cassock and white surplice). He preferred we not look like a … Continue reading
From a reader:
At Mass yesterday morning, the substitute priest forgot to show up.
Several members of the congregation took it upon themselves to have a “Communion Service” with all the readings, etc. One of the EMHCs
opened the Tabernacle and got the … Continue reading
From a deacon reader:
I was in the middle of some research last night and discovered some new tidbits on vestments. More precisely, the difference between a dalmatic and a tunicle. I captured a number of my thoughts on my blog … Continue reading
Pope Benedict, in his ongoing effort to heal the rupture that occurred in our worship when a composed, artificial rite was suddenly imposed on the Church, in 2007 put into effect the provisions of Summorum Pontificum, by far surpassing the … Continue reading
With the provisions of Anglicanorum coetibus, Benedict XVI (the Pope of Christian Unity) opened a door for and gave a place to Anglicans who desired unity with the Bishop of Rome in the Catholic communion. Certainly they were distressed by … Continue reading
I am at Our Savior on Park Avenue to hear a talk by the German writer Martin Mosebach.
Here are some audio clips, stitched together, from Holy Mass this morning at Holy Innocents in NYC. This was a Sung Mass in the Extraordinary Form. We were happy to have good polyphony and Gregorian chant … as there is … Continue reading
I am in Manhattan and eating with a friend in Chinatown at Shanghai Asian Manor (next to Transfiguration Church).
I am picky about Soup Dumplings.
These were good!
Then we had fried dumplings.
On to the Shredded Pork with Dried Bean Curd.
Back into the … Continue reading