"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said acardnal, Thank you for the link! 22 November will...
- KateD said Here’s a video of college kids signing a a p...
- Luvadoxi said Nomen-it looks like there was a bit of a cut in th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Meanwhile, on the ‘consanguinity’ fro...
- frjim4321 said At a clergy gathering today the discussion was aro...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said I learn a lot reading the back and forth on these...
- Elizabeth M said Dear Father, Your friends in Napa clearly did you...
- aviva meriam said Have any of you spent time in the TEEN section of...
- Cincinnati Priest said I couldn’t help but feel a twinge of sadness...
- Charles E Flynn said The literature for the industrial design field som...
- Mojoron said Not to mention, the priest may be one of the dead...
- Random Friar said You scared me. I thought Donald Cozzens was made...
- NomenDeiAdmirabileEst said Nice footage, though why is he not making the sign...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Gabriel Syne, Above you asked msc to prove th...
- joan ellen said Thank you, AnnTherese, for your words are the same...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Katholos, The conditions for reconciliation w...
- pelerin said When I noticed that my local butcher (in England)...
- Gerard Plourde said Any road to reconciliation is going to be long and...
- katholos said I agree with Father Z that we need what the SSPX h...
- thomas tucker said @yatzer: that’s interesting. My father was...
- Bob B. said Reminds me of the Four Chaplains (aka: Immortal Ch...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Have a safe, uneventful flight back, Father.
- StJude said Oh my that all looks delicious!!!!
- AnnTherese said War after war after war… such great sorrow s...
- ghp95134 said Marissa writes, “…If I remember correc...
- pelerin said I received this video this morning via an email fr...
- acardnal said VIDEO: Today Pope Francis met with Old Catholic bi...
- ASPM Sem said When I saw the video image I was like “Oh co...
- CrimsonCatholic said Masked Chicken, Most polling I’ve seen shows...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Gabriel Syme:You don’t address my argument....
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 January 2011
Here is a taste of the beginning of the Holy Father’s sermon for 1 January, Mary, Mother of God, in my translation. I suppose the whole thing will be translated eventually elsewhere.
Once again enveloped in the spiritual atmosphere of Christmas, … Continue reading
First… this deeply offensive development:
NCR’s very first “Person of the Year”: Sr. Carol Keehan
As they scroll along…
Happy New Year of Salvation 2011!
What were the biggest stories of 2010?
QUAERITUR: Stole over chasuble, or “What part of ‘extirpetur’ does Your Excellency not … Continue reading
A reader asked:
Can/Should the stole be worn outside the chasuble by the celebrant
This was obviously asked because some priest out there is wearing his stole over the chasuble. And I’ll bet all the money in my pocket it is … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity
I admire courage.
Fr. Seán Finnegan has a post about the reception of the Anglican bishops into the Roman Church at Westminster Cathedral in London.
History Being Made
One of my jobs is that of teaching … Continue reading
Allow me first to rant:
I understand that transferring major feasts to a Sunday can have the “pastoral” aim of exposing more people to the mystery the feast celebrates. But… for the love of God… Ascension Thursday is on Thursday and … Continue reading
I wish all of you a Holy and Happy New Year of Salvation.
As the Holy Father said during 1st Vespers for the feast, we submit this year to the judgment of God even as we remember with joy what God … Continue reading
From a reader:
In my diocese the Solemnity of the Epiphany is celebrated tomorrow
rather than on the sixth. Which Vespers therefore takes precedence? Second Vespers of the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God or First Vespers of the Epiphany? Looking at … Continue reading
I believe you all know that recently the “Don’t Ask – Don’t Tell” policy (DADT) for the US Military was overturned.
Also, last Sunday His Eminence Donald Card. Wuerl was interviewed by Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday and was asked … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m just returning from a confession where the priest used the words “He absolves” instead of “I absolve.” The priest was a Benedictine who
is the pastor of a Diocesan parish. So do I write to the bishop, whose … Continue reading
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR JANUARY 2011
General Intention: That the riches of creation be preserved, valued and made available to all, as a precious gifts from God to mankind.
Missionary Intention: That Christians may achieve full unity, bearing witness of the … Continue reading