Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Phil_NL said I think Damian Thompson did put several very apt p...
- vetusta ecclesia said National Episcopal Conferences are a bane. The gre...
- VexillaRegis said Hmm. I think they gave up too easily. Something is...
- Martlet said When you have Catholic priests who are members of...
- jacobi said In the post-Vatican period there has been a collap...
- VexillaRegis said TNCath is right. Pupils can be a real nuissance an...
- Traductora said This was a very nice thing to read. I think the P...
- Chon said Lori Pieper, since Satan is the father of lies, wh...
- Moro said A round of thanks and applause is more than deserv...
- Chon said xgenerationcatholic: No!!!! The sisters would neve...
- Lori Pieper said Hmm. The WSJ article quotes Daniels as saying: ...
- Mojoron said The article is very chunky. Meaning, there is too...
- SaintJude6 said Fr. Jim, Consider my whole family anachronistic....
- Lori Pieper said Faith: not only Spanish, but judging by his talk t...
- Geoffrey said The Holy Father making a phone call like this brin...
- stephen c said Damien T. is a good writer, I fondly remember a re...
- Netmilsmom said I may not be the biggest fan of Pope Francis, but...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I like this Pope. Sadly, there are still at least...
- Robbie said I read this article early this morning and I guess...
- SKAY said http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/08/21/oklahoma-archb...
- Iacobus M said How many Imams have called the Foley Family? How...
- Mike said This is the most hopeful article on Francis that I...
- Norah said In “The Ratzinger Report” then Cardina...
- PA mom said There was a fascinating article in Fortune on Pope...
- Lori Pieper said I agree, I think it’s an unconsecrated host....
- Faith said Cross out the last two sentences. He is coming to...
- OrthodoxChick said My oldest son and I are planning to attend our fir...
- AdIesumPerMariam said I am also of the belief that they returned an unco...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 January 2011
Here is a taste of the beginning of the Holy Father’s sermon for 1 January, Mary, Mother of God, in my translation. I suppose the whole thing will be translated eventually elsewhere.
Once again enveloped in the spiritual atmosphere of Christmas, … Continue reading
First… this deeply offensive development:
NCR’s very first “Person of the Year”: Sr. Carol Keehan
As they scroll along…
Happy New Year of Salvation 2011!
What were the biggest stories of 2010?
QUAERITUR: Stole over chasuble, or “What part of ‘extirpetur’ does Your Excellency not … Continue reading
A reader asked:
Can/Should the stole be worn outside the chasuble by the celebrant
This was obviously asked because some priest out there is wearing his stole over the chasuble. And I’ll bet all the money in my pocket it is … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity
I admire courage.
Fr. Seán Finnegan has a post about the reception of the Anglican bishops into the Roman Church at Westminster Cathedral in London.
History Being Made
One of my jobs is that of teaching … Continue reading
Allow me first to rant:
I understand that transferring major feasts to a Sunday can have the “pastoral” aim of exposing more people to the mystery the feast celebrates. But… for the love of God… Ascension Thursday is on Thursday and … Continue reading
I wish all of you a Holy and Happy New Year of Salvation.
As the Holy Father said during 1st Vespers for the feast, we submit this year to the judgment of God even as we remember with joy what God … Continue reading
From a reader:
In my diocese the Solemnity of the Epiphany is celebrated tomorrow
rather than on the sixth. Which Vespers therefore takes precedence? Second Vespers of the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God or First Vespers of the Epiphany? Looking at … Continue reading
I believe you all know that recently the “Don’t Ask – Don’t Tell” policy (DADT) for the US Military was overturned.
Also, last Sunday His Eminence Donald Card. Wuerl was interviewed by Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday and was asked … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m just returning from a confession where the priest used the words “He absolves” instead of “I absolve.” The priest was a Benedictine who
is the pastor of a Diocesan parish. So do I write to the bishop, whose … Continue reading
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR JANUARY 2011
General Intention: That the riches of creation be preserved, valued and made available to all, as a precious gifts from God to mankind.
Missionary Intention: That Christians may achieve full unity, bearing witness of the … Continue reading