You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
- The Sicilian Woman said VexillaRegis, that is a fine brigade of saints you...
- Helier said All 3 of my children have been altar servers ̵...
- Bob B. said Being a Catholic school teacher, I always felt it...
- Dave N. said @Robbie I only recently turned 36 so my history of...
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- Norah said Jeannie_C said: Breaking open the Word is as impor...
- Chuck3030 said I have had experiences primarily in two parishes/a...
- Laura Lea said I have a great fear of committing this sin. I rea...
- Kieninger said As pastor of a large parish where altar girls were...
- M. K. said The parish I grew up in during the 1980s and early...
- Elizabeth M said mamajen – Congratulations! Last Sunday my...
- StJude said My car which I rely on for work developed a horrib...
- Elizabeth M said I remember years ago attending a TLM at a SSXP cha...
- StJude said Chaplet of the Divine Mercy said for you all. For...
- RCOkie said For all those affected by the tornadoes in the las...
- robtbrown said APX says: If we really want to blame the lack of v...
- maryh said @APX If we really want to blame the lack of vocati...
- maryh said @Catholictothecore That’s not going to work....
- cyejbv said This is purely anecdotal: my 15 year old son was...
- JacobWall said For anyone following the Ontario “Gay-school...
- APX said If we really want to blame the lack of vocations o...
- Suburbanbanshee said For discernment of God’s will, now that I...
- kneeler said Three things! 1) I have 4 acres of grass to mow, a...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 4 January 2011
Via the Laudator:
Hilaire Belloc (1870-1953), January:
It freezes—all across a soundless sky
The birds go home. The governing dark’s begun:
The steadfast dark that waits not for a sun;
The ultimate dark wherein the race shall die.
Death, with his evil finger to his … Continue reading
There was a partial solar eclipse of the sun yesterday.
Spaceweather has a photo of the Space Station eclipsing the eclipsed sun!
Click for large.
How often do you see a rising crescent sun?
Technorati Tags: eclipse
This is something we all knew had to be the case. From Newsbusters.
My emphases :
Where’s the Media? L.A. Att’y Declares Many Abuse Accusations Against Catholic Priests Are ‘Entirely False’
By Dave Pierre
In a stunning ten-page declaration recently submitted to the Los … Continue reading
You may recall my post entitled “Pages removed from Vatican’s online 1960 “Acta Apostolicae Sedis”: Rubrics of Breviary and Missal.”
Page were missing from the Vatican’s online archive of Acta Apostolicae Sedis precisely where the rubrics for Mass in the Extraordinary … Continue reading
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Archdiocese of Milwaukee is to file for bankruptcy.
Part of the story… read the rest there. My emphases.
Archdiocese filing for bankruptcy
The Catholic Archdiocese of Milwaukee, which is facing more than a dozen lawsuits … Continue reading
From the blog of the intrepid Andrea Tornielli comes this note about the possible approval of a miraculous healing through the intercession of Ven. John Paul II:
In Il Giornale today there was published the news of the upcoming apporoval, on … Continue reading
A video interview with Raymond Card. Burke from gloria.tv.
He speaks about speaking about abortion in the public square, about the Extraordinary Form, Communion in the hand, and the “pro multis” issue. He mentions “mutual enrichment” and “reform of the … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
It is becoming increasingly popular to use those fake candles with replaceable oil. Even the side-altars in St. Peter’s use these, and as we know, there are many priests who daily celebrate private Masses in the EF at … Continue reading
This is a commentary by the distinguished canonist Ed Peters about the public perception of New York’s new governor, Andrew Cuomo.
Cuomo’s concubinage and holy Communion
Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York, and Sandra Lee, a television celebrity, live in what … Continue reading