You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Henry Edwards said Some of the preceding comments appear to reflect a...
- frjim4321 said That’s weird. I knew from early Friday that...
- The Masked Chicken said Should, of course, be Theologica. The Chicken
- The Masked Chicken said “NB Mt 20:28 and Mk:10:45. The Son of Man di...
- ocleirbj said “…focus on your intimate encounter wit...
- CatholicCoffee said CatholicintheAgeofAquarius: I think we’d all agree...
- Mariana2 said My dogs are not amused : ) ! APX, so sorry. My dog...
- Phil_NL said So, did they win…?
- Phil_NL said congratulations, RMT (and Mrs RMT-to-be)! And than...
- Phil_NL said Darrin, You – and everyone else here –...
- John Fannon said A wonderful prayer. The 3 pleas could be considere...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Although I live in Idaho, I am constantly in the A...
- Bob B. said @Will D. Two years and he hasn’t done anyth...
- El Salvador Awaits Abp. Romero Beatification - Big Pulpit said [...] Frye, Catholic Answers If Atheists Can Go to...
- TraditionalCatholicGirl said I understand that the majority of abuses that comm...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Nan Of course I know the difference. What did I...
- Anchorite said Disgusting. Simply disgusting. I am still amazed t...
- jeff said So having insultingly bad liturgy has ecumenical i...
- Will D. said “Archbishop Gomez has had two years to clean...
- skl said Wow. “Comedy Missal?” Typing on my pho...
- skl said I cannot even bear to watch, I think. However, on...
- Darrin said Honestly, I find the interpretation of what Franci...
- Giuseppe said @OrthodoxChick – I agree that Pope Francis (...
- Bob B. said Unfortunately, I have been to quite a few of the L...
- Katylamb said I wouldn’t be very comfortable at either one...
- BLB Oregon said –”What did we expect? 40 years of bad...
- iPadre said Is the second the Baptist Ordinariate? Please forg...
- albinus1 said One of the sisters is a former student of mine. G...
- PAT said Introduction to the Extraordinary Form Mass with F...
- “Diaconate Couples”? said [...] reader noted the following item, posted by t...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 6 January 2011
According to kathnews, a German news outlet, the huge St. Peter bell in the tower of the Cathedral of Cologne fell silent today when its clapper broke.
Cologne Cathedral is where what tradition holds to be the remains of the Three … Continue reading
“Epiphany” comes from the Greek word for a divine “manifestation” or “revelation”. The antiphons for Vespers in the Liturgy of the Hours reflect the ancient tradition that Epiphany was thought to be the day not only on … Continue reading
I was recently sent a beautiful reprint of Benziger Brother’s 1962 Missale Romanum. It is from from Preserving Christian Publications. This is a fine book, beautifully bound, and very useful.
I am so grateful to have it, since my original 1962 … Continue reading
On a lighter note for your Epiphany joy, here is an offering from the official WDTPRS Parodohymnodist, the great Tim Ferguson.
He provides an introduction:
I was just poking around my computer looking for a file and happened across a little ditty … Continue reading
A snip from the Holy Father’s sermon for Epiphany:
Is there perhaps something of Herod also in us? Perhaps we also, sometimes, see God as a kind of rival? Perhaps we also are blind before His signs, deaf to His words, … Continue reading
Vatican Radio and Vatican TV (CTV or Centro Televisivo Vaticano) has been, finally, providing a video channel with the “raw” feed without voice-over commentary in various languages.
They are to be applauded! Thank you, thank you!
I was, for example, about to … Continue reading
The Jesuit run America Magazine has an article by Paul Philibert, O.P. about the “pro multis” issue.
A Dominican writing for Jesuits about liturgy. Hmmmm.
I have written about this issue quite a few times. Let’s see what Fr. Philibert has to … Continue reading