- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- wmeyer said Mississippi and Alabama both seem determined to ge...
- Henry Edwards said acardinal, as mentioned in the post, he served our...
- anilwang said Priam1184 says: Can someone explain to me what th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said An admirable accent: “the expiatory sacrific...
- drohan said If the leaders of the church can find way to inclu...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The Old Catholic Encyclopedia (as transcribed at N...
- Brian Cannon said I’m sure these clerks are also refusing thos...
- Jack Orlando said With the Society, the praiseworthy and the blamewo...
- acardnal said I wonder if Henry knows how/where Fr. Hendershott...
- RichR said How special, on so many levels.
- msc said I am still wary of the SSPX for all the usual, wel...
- FL_Catholic said God bless him in his ministry!
- Kyle said Attended this Mass on Sunday – Fr. Hendersho...
- Supertradmum said MariaKap, I am afraid I fell into the sin of sarca...
- Supertradmum said How absolutely beautiful! Liturgy envy…best...
- JARay said I was delighted to read the above article. I have...
- jacobi said The time for silence, for meek acceptance is over....
- MariaKap said Supertradmum, I just called the Archdiocese of New...
- Imrahil said I’m also joyfully surprised that Cdl Brandmü...
- jacobi said This interview is most encouraging. Bishop Fellay...
- acardnal said To quote Fr. Z, “brick by brick.”
- brhenry said The issue here is much more fundamental than sodom...
- FL_Catholic said Kudos to the clerk for resisting. That said, I hop...
- Priam1184 said This was a great statement. Can someone explain t...
- Benedict Joseph said It is the only good news I’ve read in at lea...
- pfreddys said How much time will elaps before a homosexual ̶...
- CCInglish said Thanks for posting this, Father. We buried my gra...
- Lirioroja said Statement by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio of the Dioce...
- kekeak2008 said This is some of the best news I’ve read in t...
- CrimsonCatholic said http://www.bhmdiocese.org/content.asp?id=1535306 T...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 14 January 2011
The other day Rome Reports posted a video of a screen set up around the altar of Bl. Innocent XI in the Vatican Basilica. It was immediately assumed that that is where the body of Bl. John Paul II would … Continue reading
I found this at CMR:
You know there’s a looooooong history to a story like this. But here’s the upshot as it’s being reported. A priest had a mother and her daughter ticketed by police for tresspasing after it was reported … Continue reading
We must have a quick glance at the translations for the Collect in the Ordinary Form’s observance of the 2nd Sunday of Ordinary Time.
LATIN TEXT (2002MR):
Omnipotens sempiterne Deus,
qui caelestia simul et terrena moderaris,
supplicationibus populi tui clementer exaudi,
et pacem tuam nostris … Continue reading
Concerning the 1 May Beatification of John Paul II.
A reader sent the following:
May 1st the prayers for Santo Subito will be rejoiced The Universal Church will lift up one of the greatest men of modern times.
May 1 is an interesting … Continue reading
Z-CAM is ON. Click HERE to view it and go to the chat room.
I recommend using the CHAT tab, rather than the SOCIAL STREAM tab.
I think for CHAT you have to sign in to Ustream. I won’t be around … Continue reading
Among the various decrees promulgated by His Holiness was that confirming the heroic virtues of an American diocesan priest:
– le virtù eroiche del Servo di Dio Nelson Baker, Sacerdote diocesano; nato a Buffalo (Stati Uniti d’America) il 16 febbraio 1842 … Continue reading
In the combox of this blog some people are expressing confusion or dismay about the rapid beatification of Ven. John Paul II.
As you know, it was announced that the Beatification will take place on 1 May. This is just over … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr. Z, my dad has recently been ordained to the permanent diaconate; however, he was never instructed in the Extraordinary Form. Are there detailed rubrics for the role of deacon in the EF, and where could I find … Continue reading