Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- SPWang said Opps *worth more focus
- SPWang said It can’t be! Is that the one and only Tony P...
- jacobi said Personally, in such a situation, I think I would b...
- Imrahil said He even said ” I can keep you here all day if I wa...
- Josemaria said Venerator, Thank you!
- robtbrown said I agree with FrJim4321 that Chaput will not go to...
- Joe in Canada said Phil_NL: don’t worry about anything Prof. S...
- LeeF said As a long time supporter of Food for the Poor, and...
- Imrahil said Dear robtbrown, certainly! Must be a language issu...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: Francis? I don’t understand...
- Dutchman said Ok,so what do you do if the offender is the pastor...
- Scott W. said While out of town we attended a Redemptorist ____....
- benedetta said So…back to contemplating Cardinal Burke home...
- benedetta said People here frequently disagree with one another a...
- Gaz said Kyrie is right. I believe it’s the only alta...
- Martlet said Yes please, people. Do support the military archd...
- Gaz said BYO Deacons?
- StWinefride said Ste Thérèse de Lisieux, please pray for Fr Jim and...
- Lori Pieper said “speaking truth to power does not make a wom...
- Lori Pieper said I really love Fr. Barron, but I don’t know i...
- Good deeds for the FFI | P R A Y 4 T H E F R I A R S said [...] ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Ar...
- Rhyming With “Cretino” | Mundabor's Blog said [...] More and more worried with out-Francising Fr...
- Hank Igitur said That altar cannot be moved without a crane, solid...
- KG said What is the problem with the Chadwick translation?...
- oldcanon2257 said frjim4321 says: I can’t imagine the provincial pr...
- Convert Journal – 7 Quick Takes Friday (set #148) said [...] Have you seen women wearing a veil at Mass a...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said The man who served on my doctoral committee in the...
- Will Elliott said Fr. Jim, if I were a betting man, I’d put my...
- kylie said I don’t think the table altar is the moving...
- americangirl said I too was one who hoped and prayed Cardinal Burke...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: February 2011
ORIGINAL: Published on: Feb 26, 2011
Dr. Ed Peters, canonist, may be able to add “indefatigable vivsectionist” to his CV if he keeps up this pace.
A few days ago, he exposed problems in a statement from the Diocese of Albany.
Yesterday, he … Continue reading
NB: Don’t forget the Spiritual Bouquet (you can participate daily) for Pope Benedict!
The Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary is prayed according to different methods in different parts of the world. For example, in Italy it will usually include … Continue reading
Be sure to check out Pat Archbold’s perspicacious and amusing piece over at the National Catholic Register entitled, “Liturgical Vigilantes“.
A few of good bits:
As general rule, vigilantes are not born, they are made. Their steely resolve to right the wrong, … Continue reading
Do you have any good news to share with the readers?
For my part, I am embarking today on a new writing project. Please say a prayer that my mind be clear and that I not write anything too ridiculous today.
Finally, … Continue reading
Here is a ten minute snapshot of places people are – more or less – when they visit! These may be pretty rough approximations.
San Francisco, California
Richmond, British Colum…
San Carlos, California
Crum Lynne, Pennsylvania
Boone, North … Continue reading
From a reader:
CHICAGO – A pro-abortion “Walk for Choice” rally was held in
downtown Chicago’s Daley Plaza on Saturday, February 26, 2011.
Participants of the “Walk for Choice” were protesting HR Bill 3
which limits taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.
As a response to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it permissible to have a video homily, instead of an actual spoken homily by the priest or deacon? Now the message was from the [b]ishop of ____ and was about the annual sharing appeal, but it took … Continue reading
Today is Sexagesimus Sunday. Ash Wednesday is but a week and a half away.
“Remember man that thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return.”
I am sure you are making your plans for your Lenten practices. No, really… I’m sure … Continue reading
Most of you know the situation of the baby in Canada, Joseph, whom the hospital seems determined to kill.
Read about this situation HERE.
From a reader:
If I am to pray in Latin, how beholden am I to the regulated ecclesiastical pronunciation?
I ask because I have a hobby that involves some pronunciation in classical Latin. Learning two pronunciations of the same language with my … Continue reading