Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Astronomer said I speculate that the point of the point above by j...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said And to join the discovery of Latin Antiquity with...
- andia said I would disagree with the idea that the vocations...
- MouseTemplar said So moving, it made me cry. “To sing is to pr...
- moconnor said Yes, this is fairly old news just now picked up by...
- Charles E Flynn said There are no products in this world that lack a fi...
- Netmilsmom said Would it be possible to buy a pack of 12.00 Gold L...
- Matt R said Mosy properly, a bishop presides when he cannot ce...
- Michael said I wish we would get back to calling it, not just t...
- jhayes said Mike wrote 1a. The imposition by liberals of the e...
- rbushlow said Thank you Fr. Z for your clarity and direct exposi...
- andia said Done. Feel Better Soon!
- Legisperitus said This is very cool. I wonder why it took so long f...
- Andrew said Matt Robare: What do the laity do? According to th...
- williamjm said I would like to propose a “Nothing but Medie...
- Frank H said In have often used this Collect as an example of w...
- frjim4321 said Furthermore, they ought to be of a dignified mater...
- jhayes said I wondered about the name change and found this: W...
- Midwest St. Michael said To q7swallows and Genevieve: For the record, our c...
- Legisperitus said I’m also having trouble not blaming the main...
- xgenerationcatholic said Has anybody heard this: “Fr. so and so will...
- Absit invidia said The laity has a sense of inferring many things (go...
- ChesterFrank said Would that type of music necessitate being preform...
- Mike said This is why I always cringe when the cantor at nea...
- Kathleen10 said Oh poo, you call that a rant? You must not yet be...
- rodin said Oh what a blessed relief from the PA enhanced shri...
- Kathleen10 said Thank you for mentioning this, Fr. Z. Yes, there...
- Theodore said My son (I’d be willing to bet) went to that...
- Fern said Absolutely everything Father Z says about care of...
- steveesq said Dear Father Zuhlsdorf, Your post on Friday about s...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: February 2011
ORIGINAL: Published on: Feb 26, 2011
Dr. Ed Peters, canonist, may be able to add “indefatigable vivsectionist” to his CV if he keeps up this pace.
A few days ago, he exposed problems in a statement from the Diocese of Albany.
Yesterday, he … Continue reading
NB: Don’t forget the Spiritual Bouquet (you can participate daily) for Pope Benedict!
The Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary is prayed according to different methods in different parts of the world. For example, in Italy it will usually include … Continue reading
Be sure to check out Pat Archbold’s perspicacious and amusing piece over at the National Catholic Register entitled, “Liturgical Vigilantes“.
A few of good bits:
As general rule, vigilantes are not born, they are made. Their steely resolve to right the wrong, … Continue reading
Do you have any good news to share with the readers?
For my part, I am embarking today on a new writing project. Please say a prayer that my mind be clear and that I not write anything too ridiculous today.
Finally, … Continue reading
Here is a ten minute snapshot of places people are – more or less – when they visit! These may be pretty rough approximations.
San Francisco, California
Richmond, British Colum…
San Carlos, California
Crum Lynne, Pennsylvania
Boone, North … Continue reading
From a reader:
CHICAGO – A pro-abortion “Walk for Choice” rally was held in
downtown Chicago’s Daley Plaza on Saturday, February 26, 2011.
Participants of the “Walk for Choice” were protesting HR Bill 3
which limits taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.
As a response to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it permissible to have a video homily, instead of an actual spoken homily by the priest or deacon? Now the message was from the [b]ishop of ____ and was about the annual sharing appeal, but it took … Continue reading
Today is Sexagesimus Sunday. Ash Wednesday is but a week and a half away.
“Remember man that thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return.”
I am sure you are making your plans for your Lenten practices. No, really… I’m sure … Continue reading
Most of you know the situation of the baby in Canada, Joseph, whom the hospital seems determined to kill.
Read about this situation HERE.
From a reader:
If I am to pray in Latin, how beholden am I to the regulated ecclesiastical pronunciation?
I ask because I have a hobby that involves some pronunciation in classical Latin. Learning two pronunciations of the same language with my … Continue reading