Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Elizabeth D said Whoever spoke the Klingon prayer did about as good...
- philologus said (nunc sine signis “apecibus”. Vale.) Q...
- RJHighland said It has been about 4 yrs. since I have experienced...
- Legisperitus said Father, I have as much sense of humor and apprecia...
- sugrue said On Sunday, I am helping my daughter move up to Blo...
- iPadre said I have exercised my option of not doing the Sign o...
- Juergensen said It’s just a coincidence that Obama is allowi...
- excalibur said Meriam is free! http://www.christianpost.com/news...
- SKAY said Hamas shoots 20 anti war protesters http://www.the...
- SKAY said As you say, Father–what could go wrong? The...
- Siculum said This was posted in “Lighter Fare.” If
- Elizabeth D said A CATHOLIC PRIEST attended the certainly-invalid &...
- iamlucky13 said Even as someone who grew up with the Novus Ordo, t...
- Luvadoxi said I found that my diocesan paper fits perfectly in m...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal says: I await in great anticipation…...
- acardnal said Fr Z, speaking of your Kindle Wish List, you said...
- raininnewark said Father – this response is much like one you...
- Iconophilios said I got to dig around the vault and storage rooms at...
- CruceSignati said In 2011, I met this guy who was a few years older...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Some good news for those of us who hate the Ordina...
- philologus said Quidem nonnumquam eos easque audivi infidel?s, te,...
- NYer said The Portiuncola is very dear to my heart. In 1985...
- einkleinerknabe said I don’t mind the sign of peace if it is shor...
- acardnal said “Birettiquette” is in eminent use in t
- Matt R said It would seem it is from the Mass for the 100th an...
- Matt R said If one is traveling and is in the vicinity of Steu...
- Boniface said At OF masses without a choir I’ve attended i...
- FrGriffin said This is not just any old Pontifical Mass, it is th...
- sisu said The form of the sign of peace that is part of the...
- Forth In Praise - Liturgy Commission Music - Organists' Blog said [...] can read more about the Vatican’s plans on F...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Qapla’! INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: KLINGON (AUDIO)
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: JAPANESE!
- Ebola Virus – No worries! Right?
- ASK FATHER: Should I attend or avoid a civil marriage of a Catholic?
- First of the month “thanks” to donors and senders
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- VIDEO 1950 – Pontifical Mass in Westminster Cathedral
- Cong. for Worship considers (’bout time) more dignified “Sign of Peace”. POLL
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- 31 July: St. Ignatius of Loyola – Of the Church Militant and book shredding
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: February 2011
ORIGINAL: Published on: Feb 26, 2011
Dr. Ed Peters, canonist, may be able to add “indefatigable vivsectionist” to his CV if he keeps up this pace.
A few days ago, he exposed problems in a statement from the Diocese of Albany.
Yesterday, he … Continue reading
NB: Don’t forget the Spiritual Bouquet (you can participate daily) for Pope Benedict!
The Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary is prayed according to different methods in different parts of the world. For example, in Italy it will usually include … Continue reading
Be sure to check out Pat Archbold’s perspicacious and amusing piece over at the National Catholic Register entitled, “Liturgical Vigilantes“.
A few of good bits:
As general rule, vigilantes are not born, they are made. Their steely resolve to right the wrong, … Continue reading
Do you have any good news to share with the readers?
For my part, I am embarking today on a new writing project. Please say a prayer that my mind be clear and that I not write anything too ridiculous today.
Finally, … Continue reading
Here is a ten minute snapshot of places people are – more or less – when they visit! These may be pretty rough approximations.
San Francisco, California
Richmond, British Colum…
San Carlos, California
Crum Lynne, Pennsylvania
Boone, North … Continue reading
From a reader:
CHICAGO – A pro-abortion “Walk for Choice” rally was held in
downtown Chicago’s Daley Plaza on Saturday, February 26, 2011.
Participants of the “Walk for Choice” were protesting HR Bill 3
which limits taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.
As a response to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it permissible to have a video homily, instead of an actual spoken homily by the priest or deacon? Now the message was from the [b]ishop of ____ and was about the annual sharing appeal, but it took … Continue reading
Today is Sexagesimus Sunday. Ash Wednesday is but a week and a half away.
“Remember man that thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return.”
I am sure you are making your plans for your Lenten practices. No, really… I’m sure … Continue reading
Most of you know the situation of the baby in Canada, Joseph, whom the hospital seems determined to kill.
Read about this situation HERE.
From a reader:
If I am to pray in Latin, how beholden am I to the regulated ecclesiastical pronunciation?
I ask because I have a hobby that involves some pronunciation in classical Latin. Learning two pronunciations of the same language with my … Continue reading