Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said Chicken, you nailed it. If only our bishops were a...
- Susan G said Hmmm. I’m not sure and wouldn’t presum...
- Elizabeth D said I unsubscribed from it too.
- Ichabod said I unsubscribed from Crux tonight…… I k...
- Matt Robare said As I noted to a friend recently, before the Counci...
- Tom Piatak said God bless Cardinal Pell and all the other eminent...
- St. Epaphras said Allan S. - “Sometimes things are exactly as...
- Patti Day said I’m wondering what reason a child under the...
- McCall1981 said According to this article, Kasper has the “i...
- Elizabeth D said I am a huge ecclesiastical news junkie and I feel...
- RJHighland said I personnally think that the reason that the divor...
- frjim4321 said Factual Error. It was not CLEVELAND, it was COLUMB...
- Andkaras said I don’t see a date on this Marion Missal,but...
- Legisperitus said Using words like “raw” and “vehe...
- The Masked Chicken said Cosmos wrote: “If we are going to look at hi...
- OrthodoxChick said Fr. Z., My eldest son and I just took our first Ha...
- Elizabeth D said And it is true there is no land route nor telephon...
- Andkaras said It’s even funner to us as less than an hour...
- Landless Laborer said The divorced have been conditioned to think in ter...
- majuscule said Just came from an EF Mass where Father pointed thi...
- gracie said “I, on the other hand, have spoken twice wit...
- Hieronymus said Actually, I could very easily see the situation Ca...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said In the days before internet, this would have been...
- Scott Woltze said Another amusing element is that Cardinal Kasper ha...
- MWindsor said ElizabethD, It’s like a telegram but by voic...
- RichR said Many of the Catholic couples in my parish who are...
- MWindsor said Hi Fr. Z, Try to reach the op that sent it to you...
- Elizabeth D said I do not understand the technical aspects of what...
- Allan S. said Arranging a time for a QSL as suggested above is a...
- Supertradmum said Father Z, if you have a moment, you might enjoy my...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 2 February 2011
Here is something from a priest reader I think is appropriate right now. A little food for thought.
My emphases and some editing.
A story came to me in the last week or so which struck me as potentially helpful for your … Continue reading
Forty days (there’s that number again) out from the Feast of the Nativity we come to the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, called also the Purification of Mary as well as the Feast of Meeting by some of … Continue reading
I think I am not getting all my email. And even the email I am getting is overwhelming. Just an FYI.
Second, among the emails I am getting right now are requests from people to help me write letters to their … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to the following from northwestern.com of Oshkosh, WI… which Google maps informs me is less than an hour south by car from Lambeau Field… Green Bay, WI.
This is from the first part of a letter to … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Does a parish priest have to ask permission of a bishop to allow marriages in the Extraordinary Form?
From a priest:
I am a priest almost 3 yrs ordained last year I was asked to officiate at a wedding which was to be conducted according to the 1962 missal. The PP would not allow the wedding to go ahead … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am interested in seeing the EF come to my local parish. The main
church is a monstrosity, but there is a separate chapel that might do
Unfortunately, there is no altar rail in the chapel. Is the rail
indispensable? I … Continue reading
During the Wednesday General Audience a little boy just decided to go up and see the Pope.
After the “how cute” factor wears off, there are concerns to be addressed.
Think of a scenario in which a nefarious nerdowell and rapscallion … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I am currently a Seminarian and still have 5 years ahead of me until, God willing, ordination. I personally feel a priest should always wear his clericals if not also a cassock, I plan to be in collar … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can ones marriage be valid if it is clear that impediments listed in
Canon Law were present at the time of the marriage (and continued to
be as well) ? If not valid, then can the couple agree on continence
and … Continue reading