- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Paulo said Folks, let’s face it. The enemy, the father of lie...
- pannw said Now, unlike the fishwrap link in the new post, thi...
- Supertradmum said Thanks to all here who have helped with housing an...
- Supertradmum said It is most compassionate to point out to a brother...
- pannw said Amen. And no, I’m not going there to finish...
- benedetta said You know, it’s interesting, just by way of f...
- WmHesch said #FirstWorldProblems haha. Glad to see it’s r...
- Gregory DiPippo said She uses the backs of bozos like Dawkins and Hitch...
- KnightOfTruth said Technology glitches take up sooo much of my time....
- iamlucky13 said “The quote was from Bishop Fulton J. Sheen....
- TWF said Pseudomodo: Cardinal Law was Archpriest of St. Mar...
- Mariana2 said I have just learned that my mother has cancer. She...
- Heather F said We can be like Philip, paralyzed by the magnitude...
- dhaunsperger said You can get information about what certificate is...
- JayDeee said Temporary thing to to (too much of a pain on a pho...
- Charles E Flynn said Here is a relatively lengthy treatment of this sub...
- tech_pilgrim said when you click on advanced what’s the error...
- Susan G said CNEWA also offers them for $150. http://www.cnewa....
- pseudomodo said The Latin Document is signed by Bernard Francis Ca...
- richly said Father, I’d also be weary if you were on a o...
- dhaunsperger said Father .. this could be a few different things. 1)...
- Pat said Padre, could you also comment on this article? Gra...
- Alaina said This is the situation that Father Ryan is referrin...
- cowboyengineer said While I disagree with just about everything that s...
- Scott W. said “But here’s my point: it is everyone’s obligation,...
- DonL said “…a strong supporter of unconstrained...
- benedetta said Speaking of, err, Camilles?
- benedetta said I guess the limb ripping of a child within the wom...
- +JMJ+ said A brilliant interview.
- Philippa Martyr said I am a longtime diehard Camille Paglia fan, and ha...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (54)
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM (34)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (32)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (30)
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod (26)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (25)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (21)
- Liberals – unmasked (18)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Use of Novus Ordo Collect in the TLM
- Yet another Planned Parenthood baby body parts video
- Signs in the Heavens: recent rare planetary and stellar conjunctions
- ASK FATHER: Many languages in one Mass
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 2 February 2011
Here is something from a priest reader I think is appropriate right now. A little food for thought. My emphases and some editing. A story came to me in the last week or so which struck me as potentially helpful … Continue reading
Forty days (there’s that number again) out from the Feast of the Nativity we come to the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, called also the Purification of Mary as well as the Feast of Meeting by some of … Continue reading
I think I am not getting all my email. And even the email I am getting is overwhelming. Just an FYI. Second, among the emails I am getting right now are requests from people to help me write letters to … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to the following from northwestern.com of Oshkosh, WI… which Google maps informs me is less than an hour south by car from Lambeau Field… Green Bay, WI. This is from the first part of a letter … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Does a parish priest have to ask permission of a bishop to allow marriages in the Extraordinary Form?
From a priest: I am a priest almost 3 yrs ordained last year I was asked to officiate at a wedding which was to be conducted according to the 1962 missal. The PP would not allow the wedding to go … Continue reading
From a reader: I am interested in seeing the EF come to my local parish. The main church is a monstrosity, but there is a separate chapel that might do nicely. Unfortunately, there is no altar rail in the chapel. … Continue reading
During the Wednesday General Audience a little boy just decided to go up and see the Pope. Sinite parvulos! [wp_youtube]IUgAB_5GfGE[/wp_youtube] UPDATE: After the “how cute” factor wears off, there are concerns to be addressed. Think of a scenario in which … Continue reading
From a seminarian: I am currently a Seminarian and still have 5 years ahead of me until, God willing, ordination. I personally feel a priest should always wear his clericals if not also a cassock, I plan to be in … Continue reading
From a reader: Can ones marriage be valid if it is clear that impediments listed in Canon Law were present at the time of the marriage (and continued to be as well) ? If not valid, then can the couple … Continue reading