Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- robtbrown said Apparently, Liberal Fascism is alive and sleepless...
- Spade said Priest should be named and shamed with contact inf...
- Lavrans said Those dang ol’ fundamentalists and sourpusse
- ckdexterhaven said This is great news. I am also in the Diocese of Ra...
- NoraLee9 said Now wouldn’t it be something if churches eve...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said There are three priests at the cathedral. They are...
- incorpore said Indeed, I just looked; Fr. Michael Ryan is the ins...
- jacobi said That priest does not believe in the Real Presence,...
- incorpore said Isn’t the rector there (he’s listed as...
- Philippa Martyr said Hi Stephen C – I agree with you! And thank y...
- Christ-Bearer said Hey, I’m quite sure received Communion from...
- darthkorbus said Seattle has a great and thriving FSSP apostolate....
- majuscule said Chris–I think it’s St Francis of Assis...
- catholiccomelately said My husband and I were there, along with other memb...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said First Fridays at St. Francis de Sales, East Palo A...
- Rich said As a father and a husband in his mid-30′s (a...
- Antonin said “still a sub-optimal concession to worldly d...
- jm said I think this is honestly how Kasper thinks, not so...
- stephen c said Phillipa – well said. But what I was trying...
- Sam Schmitt said As Mike Evans wrote in the combos in America, Jesu...
- Antonin said Deacon Augustin wrote: “God’s mercy is not c...
- chantgirl said Cardinal Kasper’s “mercy” is utt...
- Scott W. said From the interview: “Is the communion the pr...
- Sam Schmitt said Cdl. Kasper claims that this can be solved through...
- visigrad said This IS the answer . Plan to share this with our n...
- Andkaras said I liked the Cami biretta on James M s link for Fr...
- Philippa Martyr said I wish more Catholics did better than content them...
- AnAmericanMother said Sorry, I just had to . . . Stanley Holloway (Alfr...
- RichR said *this type of play is very common…. Typo
- RichR said When someone makes the comment in a debate about w...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 15 February 2011
This is a dreadful story. CNS reports.
Monstrance with Blessed Sacrament stolen from parish in Spain
Madrid, Spain, Feb 15, 2011 / 04:09 pm (CNA/Europa Press).- Two individuals stole a monstrance containing the Blessed Sacrament from a parish located in Majadahonda, a … Continue reading
It has been a while since I posted one of these.
Here is a snapshot from a few minutes of some of the places you readers are (more or less are, that is… some are approximations).
It always amazes me how this … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m sure you’ve covered this before, but if during the actual words of consecration the priest just holds the ciborium and then after the words, during the elevation picks a host out and holds it above the ciborium, … Continue reading
UPDATE 16 Feb 1552 GMT:
From the The Age:
Father Bob Maguire was the page three story in the Herald Sun with the screaming headline: ”I’ll do gay weddings.” Being a modern priest for the modern era … Continue reading
The Montreal Gazette has an intriguing piece. Not sure about the design of the cathedral, but the technology of the windows is intriguing.
Let there be light: new Saskatoon cathedral will draw solar power from stained glass
By Jeremy Warren, Postmedia News … Continue reading
I read on the site of NLM that the book about the “School of Bologna” (here) and interpretations of the Second Vatican Council by Archbp. Agostino Marchetto is finally in English. Marchetto kindly inscribed my copy when it first came … Continue reading
Our Lord promised that Hell would not prevail against the Church He founded. He didn’t promise the Church would prevail in Ireland.
The Holy Father wrote in his letter to Catholics in Ireland that they should do penance in more intense … Continue reading