Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- marcelus said http://www.news.va/en/news/cardinal-sandri-no-reli...
- GreggW said I have been taught that a twofold “problem...
- marcelus said And these two guys know each other.. they go way b...
- moconnor said Politics aside, we share a lot of blame for all th...
- yatzer said I envy my Methodist and Episcopalian relatives the...
- Uxixu said Fortescue: “Pius IX instituted a kind of un...
- AVL said Us too, 7th Sunday after Pentecost. I’m conf...
- AVL said I’m trying to wrap my mind around the pictur...
- Uxixu said It is a shame that in that picture they’re g...
- JudicaMe said But father, but father! They have altar rails!
- Priam1184 said I was born in the 1970s so I confess that both the...
- Moro said I’ve never done a land Crossing but using a...
- Henry Edwards said As our priest said in a recent sermon at EF Mass,...
- frjim4321 said “The only people that have given me a hard t...
- Thomas S said Gregg, The only tweaking of which the Fishwrappers...
- Polycarpio said The underlying point is that we need to restore re...
- Gregg the Obscure said Even with all the pervasive heresy in the Episcopa...
- dans0622 said I have never crossed the southern border but I sus...
- coeyannie said What about bugging the Confessional. How would yo...
- Reconverted Idiot said robtbrown: I recommend not recommending beginners...
- lmo1968 said I loved what Abp. Chaput said about solidarity, we...
- Reconverted Idiot said Kerry I’m not sure if you’re correctin...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said What a find. This deserves as much exposure as pos...
- Reconverted Idiot said The thing which I dread is the sea of cell-phone c...
- midwestmom said ” What he was saying is that, in the task of...
- NickD said Fr Sotelo, from recent events, it looks like just...
- wolfeken said Father Richsteig — excellent comments. Perso...
- LarryW2LJ said The problem with the immigration issue is that eve...
- Fr_Sotelo said I am not surprised in the least by this behavior o...
- Mike said In a nearby parish I sometimes go to for their TLM...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- WDTPRS: 17th Sunday after Pentecost – Satan yearns to crow over your fallen soul
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 23 February 2011
Under the cover of the chaos in Madison and the Middle-East, President Obama turns against natural marriage.
Didn’t they just – by fiat via pro-abortion Catholic Sec. Sebelius – eliminate some conscience protections for health-care workers?
Remember, the University of Notre Dame … Continue reading
It has been a while since I have posted about the feeder.
During a recent cold snap, this Chickadee puffed up to keep in the heat.
Many thanks to readers who contributed with donations. During a recent sale I was able to … Continue reading
Badger Catholic shared this with me and I bring it to your attention.
H.E. Most Rev. Robert Morlino, Bishop of the DMZ … er um… Madison, Wisconsin (we have written of this fine bishop here and many other places on this … Continue reading
From the Minneapolis STrib comes this.
The featured cleric, Fr. Michael Tegeder, pastor of St. Edward’s in Bloomington, MN, has been a source of dissent in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis for years. We have seen him here (Tegeder … Continue reading
Norma Jean Coon, A woman who did the “woman priest” thingie and simulated ordination to the diaconate has had a change of mind and heart. She has a webpage where she explains herself.
My emphases and comments. This starts off a … Continue reading
Liberals are having palpitations over the story that a "German man married to nun ordained as priest with pope's approval". That is how AP put it.
Here is what happened. Permission was given by Pope Beneditct XVI that a married … Continue reading
The other day I posted a new PODCAzT about the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith's 2003 document Considerations regarding proposals to give legal recognition to unions between homosexual persons.
That CDF document, addressed to bishops, states in terms … Continue reading