You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- momoften said We have red for Easter, and for Christmas-and spec...
- a catechist said My seven yr. old daughter was Confirmed and receiv...
- Jeannie_C said Mamajen – Praise God and congratulations! I...
- Supertradmum said Mamajen, congratulations and God bless your all.
- yatzer said At one point I was all for female servers as a mat...
- Scott W. said I’d be interested in a study comparing paris...
- APX said maryh says, Bring the feminine back into the Chu...
- quid quaeritis said If you can spare a prayer, for me, that I may find...
- disco said In any case, don’t let Obama find out where...
- JacobWall said @OrthodoxChick, If you revert to your 2000 desktop...
- Jim R said Does an all-male sanctuary foster vocations to the...
- OrthodoxChick said Congratulations, Mamajen!!!!! I’d love to se...
- Supertradmum said vetusta ecclesia, you are correct and a person at...
- gordon.w.thomson said Any views on Alter Servers or Cantors wearing a bl...
- JacobWall said @Chicken – I read your post only after mine....
- majuscule said As I have mentioned other places, I attend a small...
- Hank Igitur said Dr EP Yes, only potential candidates for priesthoo...
- teomatteo said My sixth grade son started serving at our distant...
- JacobWall said I recently rescued my two dead or dying mini lapto...
- vetusta ecclesia said As an aside in the UK scarlet cassocks are illegal...
- maryh said Here’s how it seems like to me: The entire c...
- Giuseppe said A prayer to St. Golden Girl might also include a n...
- Bea said spelling boo-boo last post: “The priest was...
- contrarian said Female alter servers = insanity. It’s insane...
- frahobbit said Please pray for my co-workers: Lorraine needs a ne...
- Bea said Feast of the Sacred Heart last year: Two girls and...
- NBW said I would agree with Rose in NE. Our Parish doesn...
- frahobbit said PS As well as for Fr. Z’s intentions :)
- frahobbit said The petitions here are included in my prayers.
- Torpedo1 said I’ll pray for everyone here. Please pray for...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 25 February 2011
An Irishman was walking down the street one day and, to his delight, he saw a big crowd surrounding a couple of blokes coolly and systematically duking it out. The Irishman, let’s call him Sean, shoved and elbowed his way … Continue reading
From a reader, comes a question I have answered quite a few times, but which bears repetitio.
Are there any circumstances in which one can receive Communion more than once a day? I spent Christmas at Clear Creek Abbey in OK … Continue reading
Whenever I post something about the SSPX, and I mention that the priests and bishops of that Fraternity are suspended, I get loads of email protesting that they aren’t.
They are. Sorry.
That said, I sincerely hope and pray that they will … Continue reading
Right after helping this blog by voting in the Reader’s Choice Award (click at the right), would you look at this poll on the site of the Wall Street Journal?
Here are the results at the time of this posting.
Please vote … Continue reading
From William Oddie of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this strong opinion piece about the President of the United States. I generally dismiss transatlantic views of any POTUS. This commentary, however, caught my attention because it … Continue reading
This comes from Damian Thompson:
10,000 traditional Catholics appeal to the Pope not to water down Summorum Pontificum
My first ever blog post, four years ago, reported that Catholic traditionalists were worried by the non-appearance of a Motu Proprio removing … Continue reading
I have read a couple stories lately which claim that Pope Benedict’s second volume on Jesus of Nazareth has some surprises.
I may not post as much today. I have an advance copy (strictly embargoed, which I respect), and … Continue reading
You can vote daily for WDTPRS in the Best Blog category and the Best Podcast category at the Reader’s Choice Awards.
It takes but a moment and I would be grateful for the token of appreciation.
Because of award page layout, it … Continue reading
Let us has a swift look at the Collect (“Opening Prayer” as it has been called) for the upcoming 8th Sunday of Ordinary Time. Easter comes rather late this year. We have more “green”, Ordinary Sundays than usual before Ash … Continue reading