Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Priam1184 said Ok the bit about the “Christian witness̶...
- Sonshine135 said I learn something new just about every day that I...
- steve51b31 said In the 1960′s my older brother and I used to...
- Legisperitus said What a happy day that was. The best news we could...
- robtbrown said Fr Martin Fox, I knew you were referring to the to...
- Gregg the Obscure said Attended Easter Vigil at the Cathedral. Major focu...
- Frank Gibbons said Grateful to be Catholic, I recently read the ̶...
- Kerry said Isn’t this ” The kindness of the Earth...
- vetusta ecclesia said The celebrant spoke of visiting family graves in a...
- JonPatrick said Attended both Easter Vigil (OF) and the EF Mass on...
- Confitemini Domino said Beautiful story of the unborn twins retold by Fr....
- vetusta ecclesia said At the Easter vigil in Chelmsford (UK), a parish i...
- Matthew said I had the Sisters of Notre Dame (Chardon, OH, not...
- Recapturing the joy of being Catholic | dclatinmass said [...] Z, via his Blog, sums it up well, wouldnR...
- pannw said Faith… The Gospel according to John speaks o...
- jameeka said Interesting. Even though Manet’s Jesus’...
- jhayes said As Fr. Sotelo pointed out, there is a connection t...
- Sonshine135 said Oh, and Father’s homily focused on the bridg...
- thefeds said Our priest preached about our relationship to the...
- boxerpaws1952 said can our priest sing!! the choir…beautiful. M...
- otter said The men… Jesus washed the feet of his 12 male apos...
- boxerpaws1952 said “OK, so it has its theological shortcomings,...
- Sonshine135 said Father was in excellent spirits this morning, but...
- Sonshine135 said Thank you Father Z. This was truly a blessed and s...
- Fr Martin Fox said Robt Brown: Yes, I was alluding to that.
- benedetta said Pastrami you say? Super!
- Charles E Flynn said My parish had four baptisms of adults and about ni...
- robtbrown said Fr Martin Fox Have you been on the scavi tour?
- RichR said Dr. Peters, you made me truly LOL
- RichR said Mindlessness has it’s attraction…̷
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: March 2011
I posted about the USCCB’s Doctrine Committee and their examination of Sr. Elizabeth Johnson’s book on the Trinity which seems to be heretical.
NCFishwrap covered this too. Bottom line: Feminist theologian = good. USCCB Doctrine Committee = bad.
Sr. Johnson, CSJ, has … Continue reading
We have talked about iPad Roman Missals on the altar. We have talked about ATMs in the narthex of church’s for your weekly donations. We have talked about electric vigil lights, and recorded music, and microphones, hand sanitizer at Communion. … Continue reading
I was alerted to this video over at Rorate.
I would point out that this year on 29 June is the 60th Jubilee of our Holy Father’s ordination to the priesthood, together with his brother Georg.
It is too bad that there … Continue reading
First, many thanks to WDTPRSers who sent the two volumes of Augustine’s sermons and also the great CD/DVD combo of the 40 voice Mass by Striggio. It is great. The sound is so intense that, at least with … Continue reading
US Bishops do care about theology and what is being taught and written. For example, even though we already knew this, Sr. Elizabeth Johnson’s book on the Trinity, Quest for the Living God, is not a good book.
The Doctrine Committee … Continue reading
Imagine the possible applications!
And did you see the video of the guy who can spin an inverted glass full of water? Did ya?
Over at Southern Orders there is a study in contrasts.
For your consideration.
We need Summorum Pontificum. We need the new, corrected translation.
Technorati Tags: SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
In the Anderson, South Carolina Independent Mail.
Police investigating break-in at Anderson church
ANDERSON — Anderson police are investigating a break-in at St. Mary of the Angels Catholic Church in Anderson.
A church member went to St. Mary to unlock it around 6:35 … Continue reading
The Catholic left condemned President Bush and the Iraq War.
Why is the Catholic left not condemning President Obama and what he is doing in Libya?
Liberals who don’t like the new translation either don’t like the clearer theology of the prayers or the sound of the prayers.
The usual tack they take is people are too stupid to understand the new texts. This has been the … Continue reading