HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sandy: Sorry, Father! Forgot and used the flaky mouse again!!! Please delete duplicate! Sorry!!!
- Sandy: Sorry, Father! Forgot and used the flaky mouse again!!! Please delete duplicate! Sorry!!!
- Sandy: The whole idea of not turning your back on the Lord is just one reason I cringe at the “sig n of peace̶ 1;. I never turn my back to the altar, where the Jesus is now waiting for us...
- robtbrown: Excuse the delay. I am traveling. 1. There is nothing wrong with using the words form and content in this sense. Form refers to the litugical structure, Content to what it contains. In...
- RLseven: Les Buissonets , “Tho se of us who would prefer to sing the old Church back again aren’t welcome among progressiv ists.̶ 1; But to be fair, those who would prefer versus populum...
- Semper Gumby: “Man y of the great figures of the Old Testament are considered by Holy Church to be saints. 221; Amen. “Gre gg explores what happens when faith and reason drift...
- Les Buissonets: Ah, byzantines teve, you’ re forgetting that ‘pro gress̵ 7;, etymologic ally, means ‘mov ing forward 217;; hence, the only things Father is allowed to...
- byzantinesteve: I’m confused. I thought the whole m.o. of progressiv ism was that with regard to liturgy, anything goes. What should it matter if father decides to change things up a bit?...
- Legisperitus: Bob B.: I think what Bishop Barron was getting at is the fact that Satan is not an “equ al but opposite 8221; force to God, as is presented in some kind of Manichean or...
- Semper Gumby: Interestin g times. A Jesuit is underminin g Transubsta ntiation; another Jesuit states that the devil is a symbol; the Amazon Synod will promote paganism; a “con servati...
- pjsandstrom: Considerin g the question of which way to face during the Eucharisti c Prayer, it is necessary to remember the dialogue at the beginning of the Prayer. “Sur sum Corda̶ 1; and...
- Fr_Sotelo: While visiting a priest friend in Phoenix some years ago, I was introduced to the pastor of the parish, who happened to be “Fr. James Wall” ; at the time. It was a large...
- Charivari Rob: …Fir st, the canard of celebratin g with “back to the people” has been debunked for a long time. At the best, the image is shallow. .. . This topic seems to recur and recur in...
- Cincture: Prayers to your reader and their growing community. Might also inquire at http://www .usedchurc hitems.com / located in Pittsburgh , PA.
- rbbadger: Not long after becoming Catholic, I stumbled across old liturgical books in the University of Utah Library. I am a convert from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (otherw...
- rbbadger: I am a priest of the Diocese of Gallup. We are one of the poorest dioceses in the country, given that we have one of the largest population s of Native Americans of any diocese. To see a...
- MargoRose: Well you know you’ re doing something right when the Fishwrap attacks you. I’m beyond blessed to have a FSSP parish near me and for the two FSSP priests come say the Extrao...
- cpdog: To the tune of “Hon esty” ; by Billy Joel. If you search for Jesuits They’ ;re not too hard to find And for that Pope Pius is to blame But if you look at Holy Writ It might...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for the Patristic Rosary Project. RK3: So, you had a bad experience at the DMV…
- monstrance: My parish priest switched back to ad orientem a few years ago and never looked back – no pun intended. I noticed some parishes are doing both orientatio ns – even with the...
- Mike: Ker’s Bio on Blessed Newman.
- iamlucky13: “For while the rubrics of Mass do allow for options — for legitimate diversity — this doesn̵ 7;t mean that the celebratio n of Mass from one parish to another … should...
- Gaetano: People don’t understand how radically ad orientam Eastern Catholics are. Portions of the Armenian Divine Liturgy are celebrated behind a closed curtain!
- hilltop: Good Father I predict that in decades to come the great cartoon that you occasional ly bring out (as you do here) will require fewer and fewer congregant s in the lower picture 230;
- ChrisP: I for one don’ t want another Clement XIV. He was bullied and harassed by the vicious anti-Catho lic, secular Protestant sentiment of the the and by the corrupt Bourbon leadership ,...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- More on liberal liturgists’ attacks on “ad orientem” worship, bishops and priests who support it
- Fishwrap attacks “ad orientem” worship and the strong trends they fear
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: March 2011
I posted about the USCCB’s Doctrine Committee and their examination of Sr. Elizabeth Johnson’s book on the Trinity which seems to be heretical. NCFishwrap covered this too. Bottom line: Feminist theologian = good. USCCB Doctrine Committee = bad. Sr. Johnson, … Continue reading
We have talked about iPad Roman Missals on the altar. We have talked about ATMs in the narthex of church’s for your weekly donations. We have talked about electric vigil lights, and recorded music, and microphones, hand sanitizer at Communion. … Continue reading
I was alerted to this video over at Rorate. I would point out that this year on 29 June is the 60th Jubilee of our Holy Father’s ordination to the priesthood, together with his brother Georg. It is too bad … Continue reading
First, many thanks to WDTPRSers who sent the two volumes of Augustine’s sermons and also the great CD/DVD combo of the 40 voice Mass by Striggio. It is great. The sound is so intense that, at least with earphones, I … Continue reading
US Bishops do care about theology and what is being taught and written. For example, even though we already knew this, Sr. Elizabeth Johnson’s book on the Trinity, Quest for the Living God, is not a good book. The Doctrine … Continue reading
Imagine the possible applications! [wp_youtube]3CR5y8qZf0Y[/wp_youtube] And did you see the video of the guy who can spin an inverted glass full of water? Did ya?
Over at Southern Orders there is a study in contrasts. For your consideration. And then… We need Summorum Pontificum. We need the new, corrected translation.
In the Anderson, South Carolina Independent Mail. Police investigating break-in at Anderson church ANDERSON — Anderson police are investigating a break-in at St. Mary of the Angels Catholic Church in Anderson. A church member went to St. Mary to unlock … Continue reading
The Catholic left condemned President Bush and the Iraq War. Why is the Catholic left not condemning President Obama and what he is doing in Libya?
Liberals who don’t like the new translation either don’t like the clearer theology of the prayers or the sound of the prayers. The usual tack they take is people are too stupid to understand the new texts. This has been … Continue reading
Archbishop Thomas Wenski of Miami had an editorial letter in the Miami Sun Sentinel in defense of true, natural marriage. Wenski’s note was dignified and measured. He began: Those who see “same sex marriage” as progress towards a more “tolerant” … Continue reading
From time to time I have showed you some art by artist Daniel Mitsui, who has a blog entitled The Lion and the Cardinal, an obvious Patristic reference which never fails to delight me. I want to remind you of … Continue reading
A reader reminded me about something on the Vatican website for the Office of Liturgical Ceremonies: 5) The maniple is an article of liturgical dress used in the celebration of the extraordinary form of the Holy Mass of the Roman … Continue reading
UPDATE 30 March 1909GMT: I HAVE IT. Sheer glory. There is included a DVD (Region 0) which has more audio in surround sound and a documentary on the recording. “But Father! But Father!”, you are surely saying. “You mentioned sackbuts. … Continue reading