Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Vox Laudis said @mary–It’s a good thing I wasn’t...
- JaneC said Various networks these days have reality shows abo...
- Marc said The piece doesn’t seem to be as lopsided as...
- lisebaur said Thank you Fr., for the beautiful insights.
- incredulous said Just because you snow belters wouldn’t know...
- Dr. Lee Fratantuono said No “mistaken notion” here about Cathol...
- Tina in Ashburn said I’ve really got to get my brain fixed. I rea...
- wmeyer said The Masked Chicken wrote: “…but the Pr...
- The Masked Chicken said “I’m not sure that discomfort with this post...
- mike cliffson said Re Hon schoolboy : What would/does/can an American...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said ALL: Re: Muskrat on Fridays. See my update, above...
- Eric said I give up alligator wrestling every year for lent.
- wmeyer said Of course, owning tools for self defense without t...
- cl00bie said This proves that civil “marriage” has...
- wmeyer said “Unseemly” is a highly subjective word...
- Imrahil said In the Second World War, German women could marry...
- Mike Morrow said Archbishop Sample’s homily is extremely effe...
- Dr. Lee Fratantuono said “Of course, as with so many teachings, Prote...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I won’t rule out that alligator may be invol
- wmeyer said “And yet there is a striking dearth of citations i...
- The Masked Chicken said “So, when the woman dies, can another man de...
- The Masked Chicken said “Errr, didn’t I correct myself or does that...
- Chon said Sword40, just to let you know, Holy Rosary has had...
- Joe in Canada said If the alligator is from tropical waters, is it st...
- SteelBiretta said If you’re ever in New Orleans, you can, on t...
- amenamen said “It’s not you. It’s me.” S...
- The Masked Chicken said “Feel free to yell at me O Floridian faithfu...
- mschu528 said Heading south for a proper Lenten alligator dinner...
- kat said This was very enjoyable to watch. Thank you Fathe...
- VexillaRegis said Volanges et al, thanks for the info! Alligator see...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 4 March 2011
I caught this excellent post over at SERVIAM!
And while the sweet sounds of bats upon balls heralds another year of America’s Pastime, the spring training to which I refer is of an even more sacred kind (as hard … Continue reading
Sometimes I wonder if Bp. Finn of Kansas City, MO and Archbp. Naumann of Kansas City, KS compete with each other to be the best Catholic bishop they can be.
Here is great news from Kansas City, Kansas.
Take this in:
The Sacrament … Continue reading
From the site of the USCCB. My emphases and comments:
Archbishop Dolan Calls Refusal to Defend Defense of Marriage Act an ‘Alarming and Grave Injustice’
WASHINGTON (March 3, 2011)— “Our nation and government have the duty to recognize and protect marriage, not … Continue reading
A favorite Cardinal, His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke, was recently in Pendleton, OR at a the Northwest Catholic Men’s Conference. A choir of students from one of my favorite small Catholic Colleges, Wyoming Catholic College, went to participate at the … Continue reading
If you don’t pray for miracles, you won’t obtain them.
I have been exchanging some messages with a priest friend. I had to share them with you in edited form:
A personal favour. Could you please ask prayers for young Joseph. He … Continue reading
For Part I go HERE.
I have read an advance copy of the new, second volume of Benedict XVI’s book, Jesus of Nazareth. The new book will be released worldwide for Lent 2011, with a date of 10 March. Just … Continue reading
Before we head into the weekend, we should have a glance at the Collect, or “Opening Prayer” for the 9th Sunday of Ordinary Time. In the traditional calendar it will be Quinquagesima Sunday which I will get to tomorrow.
Easter falls … Continue reading
Vatican City, Mar 3, 2011 / 11:46 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Specially-trained guides are now available to offer one-of-a-kind tours of the Vatican Museums to the deaf and blind.
The museums’ staff announced the new service at a March 1 press … Continue reading