Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Dad of Six: Day Three of the Call to Holiness Conference at Assumption Grotto in Detroit. Solemn Pontifical High Mass with Bishop Joseph Perry of Chicago (!). Theme of the Conference and Bishop...
- Semper Gumby: Excellent, another beachhead. Non nobis DomineR 30;
- Semper Gumby: Romeo and Juliet set in modern Mexico City, that’ ;s interestin g (though of course no one can improve on the Bard himself). Perhaps someone will produce a modern “Ric hard...
- Late for heaven: We must be doing something right. My prayers and donations go out to these media sites. Thank you Fr Z!
- Caesar: Did anyone see the Vanity Fair article which effectivel y pins the current scandal on Benedict XVI and the “con servatives ”, and lambasts him as a drag on Francis 217;...
- teomatteo: “The y are just tired being BULLIED. It is getting to the point that they are starting to fight back. ” —-Fr Z I had a vehicle sticker made up that had the male and...
- richiedel: These people use the word choice which they do in order to co-opt the Zeitgeist of popular culture in order to preemptive ly assert the understand ing that if one is not 100% in support...
- Lurker 59: ~Olecroche t Yes, but bishops have been so ordained to stand-up even if they are the only ones in the room standing. They need to do what is right because it is right, not because they...
- KateD: I have friends and family who call themselves “cit izens of the world̶ 1;. As our world grows smaller, having a common language such as Latin just seems inevitable . Espera...
- KateD: And, at the end of the day, it’s just Satan being a provocateu r….. again. When we think about this and become frustrated we stop focusing on doing the work before us, our...
- Prayerful: The Dominicans have relatively strong vocations and many young priests who offer Mass according to their Rite or use, yet alongside are harmful and negative elements. Sadly these nuns or...
- Prayerful: The Mass of the resumed 6th Sunday after Epiphany (26th after Pentecost) meant a homily on the Parable of the mustard seed. Fr, the parish priest, spoke in particular of the seed of...
- JonPatrick: Traveling to Massachuse tts for the weekend, on the way home I availed myself of the early (7:30 AM) Extraordin ary Form Mass at Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel in Still River MA....
- Nicholas: “a group of Dominican nuns in suburban Milwaukee hired security guards to keep more than two dozen anti-gay protesters off their property where they were hosting a retreat for gay clerg...
- Clinton R.: If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you. John 15:18 The world indeed will hate those who adhere to the teachings of Christ and His Holy Catholic Church. The...
- SPWang: “*we ather it” DYAC
- SPWang: I’m surprised the TLM wasn’ ;t mentioned. It means they (the old guard) don’ t understand fully the battle in front of them. This sort of stuff is great. Just whether it as...
- KateD: LGBTQ Catholic? As if there were such a thing. You can put antelope horns on a taxidermie d jackrabbit , and call it a jackalope, but it in reality no such critter exists. These folks have...
- HvonBlumenthal: Unwanted sexual advances constitute sexual harassment . This is universall y recognised as a principle and applied especially at places of work and education. When a man joins a...
- Johann: Leftists are a bunch of hypocrites who actually have no problem with violence themselves (witness the attack on Tucker Carlson 217;s home where his wife had to hide in a locked closet...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Indeed. One could one one’ s polymer frame. Something like this, or something nicer.
- hwriggles4: About six years ago, our good pastor (who is now a bishop) published an article in our monthly newsletter on how sick calls are handled. This way if a parishione r was going in for an...
- FrAnt: This coordinate d attack on conservati ve Catholics is laying the ground work for the expulsion of any priest who doesn’t think as the Left does. This could also lead to the suppressio n of...
- hwriggles4: There was a vote taken on Tuesday or Wednesday by the USCCB that resulted 137 to 83. I would like to see these votes to see which bishops were for or against. By the way, I do applaud...
- Olecrochet: I agree but perhaps we should add that we are behind them and will support them any way we can. Maybe free legal advice? Giving them a voice on our blogs? Shelter? I have no idea really...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- “”Transphobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons”.
- Dinosaur Media attack on Catholics who uphold Faith and Morals
- ASK FATHER: My priest doesn’t carry the “emergency phone”
- Sweetheart Grips and Fortune’s Wheel
- ASK FATHER: Absolution from a heretical priest and then going to Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- To Prelates: “Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining.”
- Pre-Post Thanksgiving, Pre-Post Christmas Shopping
- ASK FATHER: Could the Church make “communal services” the norm for the Sacrament of Penance?
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 8 March 2011
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli has on his blog a note about the upcoming Instruction for Summorum Pontificum.
Here, in my fast translation, is the heart of the matter.
Above all, the instruction confirms that the Motu Proprio is universal law of the … Continue reading
The Canberra Times has this
Hard times: troubled bishop writes to Pope
BY GRAHAM DOWNIE, RELIGION REPORTER
08 Mar, 2011 08:12 AM
The parlous [“parlous”? This is somewhat obsolete version of “perilous”.] state of the Catholic Church in Australia led Auxiliary [!] Bishop of … Continue reading