Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- The ol catholic try: I think I have finally figured out why Jesuit “pov erty” ; goes a looooooooo oooong way. If they are fudging the numbers this badly then they are bound to tally some...
- rhhenry: Well, seeing as how they’ ;re already contorting themselves doctrinall y . . .
- Ave Maria: I think these truth tellers like Fathers Rutler and Murray need to watch their backs!
- Knight from 13904: I hope Raymond Arroyo covers this story on his show tonight. Ask Fr. Gerald Murray what the heck is going on in this diocese???
- Sawyer: Saint Ignatius Loyoga?
- rtjl: Hmm… .. Well, Dominicans have a way of praying with the body consisting of various prayer postures that is not yoga at all. May I recommend these instead? http://opc entral.org /resou...
- ChrisP: Spadaro, that guy from the IMF, Card Wuerl, PF …and the list goes on. They are all now quite worried, to the point of stoatish apoplexy, as the boat is leaking. Until now, it has...
- lawoski: The teaching of yoga at a Jesuit high school is not a new phenomenon . I attended a Jesuit high school on the west coast in the mid-1980 8217;s where one of the priests taught a class...
- acardnal: Fr. Rutler is likely to get Blocked on Twitter by Fr Spadaro with commentary like that! A badge of honor.
- Kathleen10: I’ve lately heard the excuse that the poses have been stripped of meaning, and are purely exercise. Nah. We had a kerfuffle in my family because someone posted a photo of their 8...
- Antonin: He is actually making excuses for Spadaro and there is no excuse. [NooooR 30; I don’ t think he’s making any excuses for Spadaro. Nope.] Spadaro clearly does not underst...
- Elizabeth D: Notice that the Jesuits are attuned to the fact that a trad looking church helps sell “Ign atian Yoga” ; retreats. Even “Ign atian Yoga” ; retreatant s donR...
- ThePapalCount: “AND THE GATES OF SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT…& #8221; well, pretty close though.
- Elizabeth D: If it were men protestant ministers this would be just as wrong. Women can be protestant ministers, it’s just that a protestant minister is not the same thing as a priest of...
- Fr_Andrew: Sadly, that’ ;s quite tame and “con servative& #8221; sacrilege, compared to what I saw during my years in Jesuit schools. One reason I chose a different vocational “...
- Fr_Andrew: Oops! I made a slight mistake in not reading thoroughly enough. Mea culpa. If the women are Catholics (thus subject to Church law), then they, if they knew about the penalty, would...
- Fr_Andrew: Have all of these people, the catholics anyway, just excommunic ated themselves latae sententiae ? There are only nine latæ sententiæ excommunic ations (outside of Papal election law) :...
- kelleyb: God have mercy! This is outrageous and evil behavior.
- scotus: Fr Z, Many thanks for the Gold Star. It’s funny how you can be reading something purely by chance which is highly relevant to a current situation. It’s now highly improbable that (m)any...
- Midwest St. Michael: The following (sent to me by a friend) is from section 2.1 of “JES US CHRIST THE BEARER OF THE WATER OF LIFE A Christian reflection on the “New Age” (caps origin...
- robtbrown: Kennedy, At least one of Kung’ ;s books mentions paradigm shift, Theology for the Third Millenium. There might be othersR 11;Kung gas been accused of writing the same book over...
- arga: Just browsing this post incited involuntar y swearing, before I even had a chance to think about swearing.
- Dan: At first I was hoping they may have been acting in some twisted way as some sort of alter servers with no understand ing of the Mass, which it appears was common in the crowd shots. It does...
- Sawyer: According to the descriptio n, the women are Protestant ministers, not Catholics. Therefore, they are not claiming to be ordained Catholic priests (or womynpries ts), nor were they presen...
- araustin02: Short answer is “no.” They don’t have the capacity to concelebra te. But what were the priests/bi shops thinking in allowing them up there to pretend as if they were?
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 11 March 2011
I am coming down with something, a case of the crud. I thought I might dodge it, but it seems to have me in its grip.
A prayer, please.
The other day a university chapel in Madrid was disrupted and profaned and vandalized.
Now comes this.
Historic Spanish church vandalized with satanic symbols
Almeria, Spain, Mar 11, 2011 / 05:54 pm (CNA).- A 100-year-old church under restoration in the Diocese of … Continue reading
Will you, with me, pray in a special way for the people of Japan? I think we would do well to offer additional penances for their intention.
Perhaps your Stations of the Cross tonight? Your Friday penance?
When it comes to the selection of bishops, finding good candidates, it is the usual practice for the Nuncio, or another figure, to send questionnaires to some priests and, I suppose, lay people, asking for input. This feedback, as well … Continue reading
Not only has Vol. II of Jesus of Nazareth released, it is available.
And it has arrived.
I had the .pdf from the publisher, and now I have the book itself. A kind reader, BAH, had it sent from my wishlist when … Continue reading
Fr. Andrew Burnham of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham will has Lenten Reflections in the print edition of the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly.
His column this week is entitled “The secular gospel is our true … Continue reading
Keep in mind that the Pontifical Mass was to be celebrated in honor of the anniversary of the election of Pope Benedict. This year will also bring the 60th Jubilee of the Holy Father’s ordination.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 9, 2011
Contact: Paul … Continue reading