"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Masked Chicken said Henry, Where did the notion versus populum notion...
- Patrick-K said Surprisingly difficult. I got 7/10 but that was ju...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Would the posted article have been “adjusted...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Non latine? Debemusne ad saeculorum usum scribere,...
- Henry Edwards said Joe Magarac, Fr. Z has several times corrected thi...
- pj_houston said “I do consider it a rather vulgar thing to d...
- AnnTherese said I just don’t understand why it’s so co...
- Chick said @Joe Magarac the paragraph of the GIRM you cite sa...
- pj_houston said Wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of these...
- haskovez said The way the letter was written to me sounds like t...
- AnnTherese said Sr. Nancy Murray OP is Bill’s sister. http:/...
- Joe Magarac said This is great news. But doesn’t the 2010 GIR...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear DamianF, The idea of the Heavens passing away...
- JonathanCatholic said Venerator, I can’t make out what you’r...
- Joel said I wish Adam or Fox News would have paid a little m...
- wolfeken said He has a house on Sullivans Island in South Caroli...
- jeffreyquick said A nice start. Next step: mandated in the whole dio...
- Venerator Sti Lot said JonathanCatholic says, “there is precious li...
- SteelBiretta said @CrimsonCatholic: May God catch him, “with...
- Suburbanbanshee said JonathanCatholic: It’s not gamesmanship or a...
- Marissa said Has Pope Francis said anything different about cap...
- Robbie said As sad as it is to say, this good Bishop probably...
- snoozie said OORAH indeed!!!! :) God bless, protect, strengthe...
- RJHighland said Bishop Conley a true shepherd brave enough to go a...
- CrimsonCatholic said Father, Rod Dreher did not write this article. Cat...
- anniemw said Whose sister is a nun? Not sure if you mean Bill M...
- majuscule said This morning’s email contained a “than...
- ronrule said Most people don’t intend to make a bad movie...
- Unwilling said Marcelus, read Fr’s first sentence “Wh...
- Kerry said Oops, Bill Murray comment in wrong box. Doh!
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
- Card. Sarah: Worst discrimination against poor is not to give them God
- MAGISTER: “words and gestures left purposely vague”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 25 March 2011
From a reader:
I went to a church for Mass and Stations on my way home from work. My home parish uses the stations in the way of St. Alphonsus, but the stations at the church I visited left me with … Continue reading
From Damian Thompson’s blog comes a piece about Latin, seminarians, the Extraordinary Form and liberal enemies of all of the above, with my emphases and comments. Edited.
In contrast, the proposal to teach all seminarians to celebrate the Tridentine Mass is … Continue reading
I always look at The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly. As a matter of of fact, I not only look at it, I now write for it too! That’s new since last I told you about the discount … Continue reading
Twenty years ago today, I was into the office rather early. The “office” I am talking about are the offices of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” on the ground floor of the Palazzo del Sant’Uffizio.
Being the first one in, I … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this… with a quote from one of WDTPRS’s favorites… sorry, favourites, His Hermeneuticalness.
Archbishop Antonio Mennini, Apostolic Nuncio to Britain, says in an interview with the Herald this week that he … Continue reading
On the site of the Catholic Truth Society, UK publisher of the new Roman Missal with the new, corrected ICEL translation, there are some images of … images in the new book.
I am delighted to relate to the readership that there is now a Confraternity of Catholic Clergy in the UK. The British Province of St. Pope Gregory the Great.
I am sure they chose Gregory the Great (+604) because he sent … Continue reading
Today is of course the day we celebrate the “fullness of time”.
In the fullness of time, the Eternal Word, the Second Person, took our humanity into an indestructible bond with His divinity.
Today is the Feast of the Annunciation. It is … Continue reading
OLDIE PODCAzT: Annunciation.
This is the very Feast of the Incarnation.
Today we celebrate that moment when our Lord elevated our humanity by taking our human nature into an indestructible bond with His Divinity. In the Incarnation God opened for us … Continue reading