Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- vetusta ecclesia said ASPM Sem: anyone may wear a biretta properly!
- Philippa Martyr said Waiting for a busload of nuns to come and complain...
- Philippa Martyr said PS. Ordination to the Priesthood this Saturday in...
- Philippa Martyr said A dear young couple from our church welcomed their...
- Siculum said To my own surprise, I feel as if I have substantia...
- Dienekes said I think that there IS a certain duty incumbent upo...
- mo7 said By their fruits you shall know them. Followed by...
- ASPM Sem said Can seminarians properly wear birettas?
- rcg said Please pray that one of these new priests will be...
- Rachel said I enjoyed reading everyone’s news and prayed...
- Rachel said Just ordered it. :) Thanks Father!
- zag4christ said This morning at Mass, Fr. Connall’s homily b...
- catholiccomelately said Our younger daughter and her husband are expecting...
- Gargoyle & Chimera - BigPulpit.com said [...] Incarnation, Relics & Buddy Holly’s Glas...
- Skeinster said A companion to a recent sermon on fraternal correc...
- Skeinster said A dear young couple from our church welcomed their...
- acardnal said The Working Document (Instrumentum Laboris) for t...
- jhayes said Also from Francis: “Two years ago, a priest...
- jhayes said Regarding not offending the Orthodox or other reli...
- Kathleen10 said Scripture gives us a blueprint but doesn’t c...
- Deacon Augustine said Whatever the merits of the diocese concerned, any...
- Robbie said If this investigation remains primarily about the...
- Wiktor said Ah, the Weeping Angels… just don’t bli...
- JudicaMe said @Stephen Matthew Re: Jailbreaking – ThatR...
- robtbrown said Dundonianski says: This interview strikes me as a...
- LeslieL said yes – here’s hoping that your friend w...
- Matt R said Donadrian, yes, the exception being of course when...
- Matt R said So this would explain why Rorate Caeli is defendin...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Some thoughts I’ve recently shared on my blo...
- SKAY said I think this is good news. The cross can stay....
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 29 March 2011
From a reader:
Sometimes you write that we should pray for strength for the Pope but confusion for his enemies. Shouldn’t you pray for the conversion the his enemies?
Okay. Pray for conversion. By all means.
Perhaps I have read 19th century English … Continue reading
From a transitional deacon:
I am wondering if there is such a thing as an ideal measure for sacred vestments, both in Gothic and Roman cuts. I am planning to buy some chasubles, but I am not sure what I should … Continue reading
I was wrong about something. The chance to subscribe to the digital edition of the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, does not end on 30 March. It ends on 31 March. They aren’t fooling around when, on 1 … Continue reading
I just saw this on the site of the Catholic Truth Society, which is the UK publisher for the new, corrected Roman Missal.
The Roman Missal in its new English translation will be published by the Catholic Truth Society in Autumn … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a curate in a busy city centre parish in the UK. I have just been told by my Parish Priest that I should be flexible [?] and pastoral [?!?] at Children’s Masses and allow them to … Continue reading
I suspect that nearly every one of these sisters either left their order or now run the Catholic Health Association.
To atone for this, right now go buy some Mystic Monk Coffee!
The Wyoming Carmelites wear habits, but they will never sing … Continue reading