You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- jmvbxx said Mountain out of a molehill!
- Tim Capps said Umbrella Stand Marine Corps? I think not! It just...
- FrDulli said What about the secret service? Or an intern from...
- Andrew Saucci said I am still hoping that I might live long enough to...
- Stu said Well, it’s not an unlawful order by the Comm...
- Tim Ferguson said Isn’t that a covered porch a few feet behind...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Clearly I wasn’t the only one put off by thi...
- Cantor said In a battle with protocol directives of the Marine...
- Andrew Saucci said While this is not good, it is a mere speck compare...
- chantgirl said Funny that Hollywood thinks Latin is cool enough t...
- maryh said He specifically requested the Marines because they...
- Late for heaven said THANK YOU Fr. Thompson!
- MarcAnthony said Isn’t Obama, as Commander in Chief, the ulti...
- VexillaRegis said These LCWR sisters behave like tone deaf singers....
- The Motley Monk said For what it’s worth, my thoughts were that t...
- JuliaSaysPax said I’m really excited that I get access to dail...
- maryh said @Imrahil Students will, in fair amounts, learn Lat...
- maryh said @frjim4321 Take your basic Midwest diocese in the...
- Jon said Father, “Since” Summorum Pontificum yo...
- Andrew said Maltese: Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mas...
- Supertradmum said Father Z., another great issue would be settled if...
- Suburbanbanshee said “Faest” included days of just plain ab...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Late for heaven , Order a Dominican Rite pew bookl...
- Suburbanbanshee said “Recently heard something on EWTN that bothe...
- melanie said The parish priest is teaching the Pater Noster to...
- Late for heaven said I am fortunate to have access to a Dominican Rite...
- Cavaliere said I’d be the first to admit that it’s technically pe...
- Imrahil said Dear @Hank Igitur, I agree. Dear @Chicken, nomoret...
- Athelstan said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- Athelstan said “As far as I know, there has been no negativ...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 30 March 2011
Archbishop Thomas Wenski of Miami had an editorial letter in the Miami Sun Sentinel in defense of true, natural marriage. Wenski’s note was dignified and measured. He began:
Those who see “same sex marriage” as progress towards a more “tolerant” … Continue reading
From time to time I have showed you some art by artist Daniel Mitsui, who has a blog entitled The Lion and the Cardinal, an obvious Patristic reference which never fails to delight me.
I want to remind you of some … Continue reading
A reader reminded me about something on the Vatican website for the Office of Liturgical Ceremonies:
5) The maniple is an article of liturgical dress used in the celebration of the extraordinary form of the Holy Mass of the Roman Rite. … Continue reading
UPDATE 30 March 1909GMT:
I HAVE IT.
There is included a DVD (Region 0) which has more audio in surround sound and a documentary on the recording.
“But Father! But Father!”, you are surely saying. “You mentioned sackbuts. Where are the sackbuts? … Continue reading
If a person can strive this hard for a moment of worldly glory and interior satisfaction, how much more should we strive for the “unfading crown of glory”?
A friend a benefactor of this blog alerted me to a … Continue reading
Yes, I think we do need a New Evangelization.
Don’t watch any of what follows on a full stomach. Especially the part with the priest.
I found this through the blog Fides et Forma.
Sts. Peter and Paul parish in Oleggio near Nola … Continue reading
Praesta, quaesumus, Domine,
ut, per quadragesimalem observantiam eruditi
et tuo verbo nutriti,
sancta continentia tibi simus toto corde devoti,
et in oratione tua semper efficiamur concordes.
A bit strange in its style, no? Well, this is of new composition for the Novus Ordo. … Continue reading
A reliable source in Rome tells me…
In a time when the Pope barely receives visiting Nuncii, the Pope is going to receive the head of the new Anglican Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, Msgr. Keith Newton.
If true, and my … Continue reading
I was alerted to this event in New York City at one of my usual haunts. This comes from a friend:
For all of you planning to be in (or near) New York City this weekend, you won’t want to miss … Continue reading
As you carry on with your blog slog today, be sure not to miss these items.
First, New Liturgical Movement has a very good article about the architectural-liturgical symbolism of the fascinating Basilica of St. Clement in Rome. You will learn … Continue reading