Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sword40: ” [He seems to agree with a call that EWTN be “interdict ed” unless Raymond Arroyo is fired.] 221; And where is the “mer cy and forgivenes s and understand ing and toleran...
- Joy65: SO absolutely beautiful. Where could a smaller version of this statue be purchased? I would LOVE to give one to our Pastor.
- LeeGilbert: At our wonderful parish in Portland, we 1. Have a communion rail 2. Communion distribute d only by priests at that rail. ( How appropriat e that the priest in persona Christi distrib...
- clare joseph: If it’s true, this is extremely cool, and I’ll bet Our Lady loves it.
- Joy65: I would be MORE than happy to receive kneeling. I already receive on the tongue. Hopefully they will bring back the kneelers.
- jameeka: How very beautiful!
- tamranthor: When churches are remodeled and altar rails done away with, and Jesus is put in a closet somewhere, then the church building itself tends toward Protestant ism. The architectu re of...
- ejcmartin: Frankly I am surprised that “social justice” warriors like the Jesuits would stoop to such cultural approbatio n. (One Canadian university refused to offer yoga unless it was taught by...
- Ben Kenobi: When I went through my discernmen t I had to assess the question, “If my church were wrong about God and his mission, who is in the right?R 21; It was easy enough to do what so...
- APX: Little by little the thought may gradually prevail: “If even the parish priest does not pay attention to the fragments, if he administer s Communion in such a way that the fragments can be...
- hwriggles4: This reminds me (Yes, Really) of the time our 6th grade CCD class did meditation – it was the late 1970s. We closed our eyes and our instructor led us. As a kid, I didn’ ;t...
- David: Fr. Andrew: People aren’ ;t taking penalties about papal election laws very seriously these days, are they?
- David: Very, very interestin g to me this coming from Cardinal Sarah right after Cardinal MüllerR 17;s splendid remarks about the nature of the papacy. I sense the “bon i” are...
- tho: JARay, I accept your correction . What I was trying to say, in a rather clumsy way, was that allowing the so called spirit of VII to take over the church was very destructiv e.
- S D Molokai: Although not prohibited , I’ve been discourage d from receiving communion on the tongue while kneeling at my parish. Something about not showing unity with the other parishi...
- Sid Cundiff in NC: So good that someone in the upper church hierarchy is against in the hand. I’m not holding my breath for something to be done to stop in the hand.
- The ol catholic try: I think I have finally figured out why Jesuit “pov erty” ; goes a looooooooo oooong way. If they are fudging the numbers this badly then they are bound to tally some...
- rhhenry: Well, seeing as how they’ ;re already contorting themselves doctrinall y . . .
- Ave Maria: I think these truth tellers like Fathers Rutler and Murray need to watch their backs!
- Knight from 13904: I hope Raymond Arroyo covers this story on his show tonight. Ask Fr. Gerald Murray what the heck is going on in this diocese???
- Sawyer: Saint Ignatius Loyoga?
- rtjl: Hmm… .. Well, Dominicans have a way of praying with the body consisting of various prayer postures that is not yoga at all. May I recommend these instead? http://opc entral.org /resou...
- ChrisP: Spadaro, that guy from the IMF, Card Wuerl, PF …and the list goes on. They are all now quite worried, to the point of stoatish apoplexy, as the boat is leaking. Until now, it has...
- lawoski: The teaching of yoga at a Jesuit high school is not a new phenomenon . I attended a Jesuit high school on the west coast in the mid-1980 8217;s where one of the priests taught a class...
- acardnal: Fr. Rutler is likely to get Blocked on Twitter by Fr Spadaro with commentary like that! A badge of honor.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Z-Cam & Radio Sabina, or “Fr Z TV” is on the air most of the time!
Because of a special prayer intention right now I have just entirely Latin chaplets of the Rosary followed by the Litany of Loreto and also … Continue reading
From a reader:
Sometimes you write that we should pray for strength for the Pope but confusion for his enemies. Shouldn’t you pray for the conversion the his enemies?
Okay. Pray for conversion. By all means.
Perhaps I have read 19th century English … Continue reading
From a transitional deacon:
I am wondering if there is such a thing as an ideal measure for sacred vestments, both in Gothic and Roman cuts. I am planning to buy some chasubles, but I am not sure what I should … Continue reading
I was wrong about something. The chance to subscribe to the digital edition of the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, does not end on 30 March. It ends on 31 March. They aren’t fooling around when, on 1 … Continue reading
I just saw this on the site of the Catholic Truth Society, which is the UK publisher for the new, corrected Roman Missal.
The Roman Missal in its new English translation will be published by the Catholic Truth Society in Autumn … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a curate in a busy city centre parish in the UK. I have just been told by my Parish Priest that I should be flexible [?] and pastoral [?!?] at Children’s Masses and allow them to … Continue reading
I suspect that nearly every one of these sisters either left their order or now run the Catholic Health Association.
To atone for this, right now go buy some Mystic Monk Coffee!
The Wyoming Carmelites wear habits, but they will never sing … Continue reading
Do you remember vile scrubs hacked away at the Holy Thorn Tree in Glastonbury, England?
I found in The Mail a story that the Thorn Tree is blooming.
Bud by bud.
The dissenting Association of Catholic Priests in Ireland, whom we treated here, are having a nutty over the decision of the Irish Bishops Conference not to conform to dissent but rather conform to will of Rome. These members of the … Continue reading
From The Anchoress I learned about DigitalNunDaily. This is a very cool site by some very cool Benedictine Nuns of Holy Trinity Monastery in East Hendred, England.
I have a soft spot for traditionally-minded very-cool Benedictine Nuns.
They have audio podcasts, a … Continue reading
What is your good news?
For my part I am – touch wood – not ill or cold or hungry, there is sunshine, the coffee is very strong and delicious, a few encouraging donations have come in, I found large bags … Continue reading
A reader sent a link to a story about the upcoming Instruction on Summorum Pontificum. Actually, he sent two links, one to a French site Golias, not exactly conservative that, and to the Italian site Messa in Latino, which from … Continue reading
Attention seminarians, priests and bishops.
I was going to post about a fine address by the Bishop of Fargo, Most Rev. Samuel Aquila (he says Aquíla, rather than Áquila). Like I said, I was going to post about this great talk … Continue reading
Minds are mostly dulled by mouse clicks, not delighted.
But there are those clicks which bring you to gems.
At the blog Faith and Theology I saw a great post in which a man and his daughter search their home’s bookshelves for … Continue reading
In reference to my recent post: Reason #64675 for the new, corrected translation. This was in reference to the super-bad translation of the Post Communion in the lame-duck ICEL version… of the the very worst I have ever seen.
That said, … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
At my parish we celebrate solemn sung Vespers during Lent with the congregation. The pastor has asked that the priest celebrant vest in alb and stole using at the basis of his request that the Holy Father … Continue reading
We have written about H.E. Most Rev. Robert Morlino, Bishop of Madison on several occasions. Bp. Morlino is one of the true stand-up men in the USCCB.
Now comes this from Channel 3000 which seems to have something to do with … Continue reading