Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- lana said No analogies, but several Scripture references. It...
- WYMiriam said No analogies! We had a young priest (seven years...
- Ben Kenobi said “The point of this chastisement is possibly...
- andia said Byzcath08–congrats!!! I am going on a discer...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I just saw that D.E. Master Blenders 1753 have sta...
- WYMiriam said An open letter to Pope Francis: Your Holiness: Why...
- Gerard Plourde said A very important and serious admonition. Is there...
- joecct77 said Some years ago I was Madison for business and atte...
- Gerard Plourde said Looking at the graphic of the liturgial year accor...
- The Masked Chicken said Ireland (the southern part) has about 4.58 million...
- Philippa Martyr said Methodus pie et fructuose just made me think of M...
- ByzCath08 said I begin my 4 year formation program for the Diacon...
- Veritatis Splendor said Congratulations Father! Your vocation story sound...
- amulack said Fr. JPH. Celebrate Mass ad orientem!
- SanSan said the Winner! Our priest used St Patricks’ own analo...
- SanSan said We have a beautiful holy priest that celebrates TL...
- SanSan said June 13th The Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virg...
- Fr. JPH said Any advice for young priests on how to combat such...
- Elizabeth D said It matters as far as whether to pray the extra pas...
- The Masked Chicken said Congratulations to Fr. Ferguson. Might I suggest...
- Marcus der mit dem C said Afaik the feria VI mass in forma extraordinaria is...
- The Masked Chicken said “In the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite, the...
- Elizabeth D said What about the rest of us? When does our voluntary...
- Andrew Saucci said The recently-ordained junior priest in our parish...
- Animadversor said Si sacerdos per notabile tempus voluntarie distrac...
- kat said No. Our priest said he would not try to explain th...
- Blaine said I get promoted to Lieutenant Commander in the Navy...
- Praynfast said Yes, homosexual sex is a sin, but so too are wille...
- excalibur said Congratulations, Father Ferguson! Peggy R, that is...
- cor ad cor loquitur said Henry Edwards, it means nothing of the sort. A sem...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: When does Paschaltide end?
- Fathers! A serious warning!
- Madison, WI – Thurs 4 June – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- June and You
- Your Good News
- Congratulations Newly Ordained Fr. Tim Ferguson!
- The upcoming “environment” encyclical, “human ecology”, and the everlasting pains of Hell
- An angry Fr. Z’s Trinity Sunday with help from Fr. Rutler
- A Trinity Sunday question for readers
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- My View For Awhile: Shore to Shore Edition
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 12 April 2011
I have dozens of emails alerting me to the fact that Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) ran an A1 page story by the always objective Laurie Goodstein about the new, corrected English translation and… this will shock you… … Continue reading
… and spring.
Since I have had posts on rats in rectories and skunks under houses, let’s have another one in which we can reflect on our mortal state and the fact that Eve tried the apple, and got Adam to … Continue reading
Da nobis, quaesumus, Domine,
perseverantem in tua voluntate famulatum,
ut in diebus nostris
et merito et numero populus tibi serviens augeatur.
In the Tridentinum and in the 1962 Roman Missal this prayer is listed for Tuesday after Passion Sunday as the Oratio … Continue reading
We do not know the day or the hour.
I had seen this video before, but Patrick Madrid posted it on his page.
It reminds me of in our Latin Church we sometimes pray about living amidst the vicissitudes of this world.
It … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have read with interest your posts on Mice in the Rectory. Now, perhaps you have something for Skunks under the Farmhouse.
Our air-conditioner repairman just informed us that we have a family of skunks residing under our 100+ … Continue reading
The publishing arm of the SSPX has reprinted a 1952 work by Fr. David E. Rosage, Letters to an Altar Boy (reprint 2011).
The thin book begins with a quote from Rev. Thomas O’Donnell, CSC (Director of the Knights of the … Continue reading
I love books. I enjoy and use books (cf. utor and fruor). I might actually have too many books.
I also write in books.
I write in my own books, occasionally, depending on the book. I often read with pen or … Continue reading
Today I noticed on Twitter that a movie based on Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged is soon to be released. At least the first part of the book in the first installment of the movie.
And it’s pronounced like the letter “I” … Continue reading
I noticed that Amazon is pushing now their Kindle reader at a lower price with the tradeoff that they can push ads and sponsored screensavers to your device.
You can pre-order Kindle with Special Offers (read = ads) for $114 today. … Continue reading
There is a very smart post over at The Sensible Bond.
He deals with the beatification and the Assisi meeting and the important question of what ecumenism is.
My usual treatment is applied.
Blogging from the geopolitical epicentre of the culture of death … Continue reading