- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Konichiwa said I’ve declined twice at my parish to bring up...
- ClavesCoelorum said God save Germany. This sort of thing is (I feel) o...
- Elizium23 said Interesting observation about Knights of Columbus...
- Marc M said I feel the same way about the sculpture “The...
- Hans said Ah, I see it now! And I thought it was Jesus suf...
- wcampbell78 said Here’s what I found with an image search on...
- Doc Angelicus said wcampbell78, thanks for saying that – those...
- Doc Angelicus said “When therefore you shall see the abominatio...
- EoinOBolguidhir said …should read “their confusion of cenob...
- wcampbell78 said My first impression (from the distance shot) was a...
- Cathy said Every year there is a clarion call for EMHC’...
- anilwang said Perhaps Eastern Catholics/Orthodox has a solution...
- Supertradmum said oops should have written “a blasphemer̶...
- Austin Catholics said On any given Sunday, how many divorced and remarri...
- Supertradmum said God is Beauty. God is not ugliness. Sin brought ug...
- tcreek said Shouldn’t this be a concern? In 2005 Joseph...
- Margaret said Why has this clear-cut issue become so muddied rec...
- Bosco said “Setting aside some rare fact patterns that...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z aptly observes, “This should go on a b...
- EoinOBolguidhir said Consider that this might be an overture to the sep...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] Carol Glatz, CH Pope: The ‘eed of Eternity H...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] – E. Pentin Pp. Francis: A Church With...
- Pope Francis to Create Commission on Sex Abuse of Minors - Big Pulpit said [...] Francis on Advent: A Journey To a Horizon of...
- msc said If you would be good at it, I urge you to consider...
- Priam1184 said @Ellen What you described (taking Communion to th...
- Charivari Rob said To the original poster, I would say “Definit...
- Priam1184 said Lol Father are you sure that it isn’t obliga...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Ambrose Jnr, Whew! I was trying to think how to as...
- mjb99na said Magpie: I would caution against a rush to judgment...
- jacobi said Good for Prof Peters, some straight talking at las...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 20 April 2011
From a reader:
Is it wrong if not in fact sinful to attend the weddings and funerals
of non-Catholics? For as Pope Pius XI stated in his encyclical
treating on Christian unity, Catholics are never to participate in
schismatic or heretical congregations. I would … Continue reading
Okay… grilled is a little melodramatic.
I was at the Newscorp Building where Fox News Channel is ensconced to tape some Q&A for some upcoming projects my good friend Greg Burke, FNC’s Rome correspondent, is preparing.
Some people will probably look at … Continue reading
A couple weeks ago I asked how your Lent was going… if you were sticking to your plan… if you had a plan, that is.
It is time to ask again.
How’s it going?
Select an answer and add a comment in the … Continue reading
A few days old, but this comes from Life News:
Chinese Family Planning Official Kills Man Over Forced Sterilization
by Steven Ertelt | Beijing, China | LifeNews.com | 4/7/11 1:53 PM
Seeking to enforce the one-child policy that involves forced abortions and sterilizations … Continue reading
UPDATE: 20 April
The new L’Osservatore Romano site is working better today, though it is still clunky and a bit hard to navigate.
I was able to bring up the PDF of today’s daily.
One curiosity: They fuzzed out the Vatican stemma … Continue reading
Remember… if Easter is near, its the season to bash the Catholic Church.
Before Easter and before the beatification of Pope John Paul we are seeing the uptick in anti-Catholic gestures saved up by the MSM precisely for this period.
For example, … Continue reading
I think we are going to see a lot more of this.
Calif. parish pledges to rebuild after arsonist destroys church
By Kevin J. Jones
Los Angeles, Calif., Apr 20, 2011 / 06:02 am (CNA).- Parishioners at St. John Vianney are determined … Continue reading
Excerpts from the Holy Father’s Wednesday Audience via the site of Vatican Radio:
Today there is “a certain callousness of the soul towards the power of evil, an insensitivity to all the evil in the world: we do not want to … Continue reading
The term “Spy” Wednesday is probably an allusion to Christ’s betrayal by Judas.
Deus, qui pro nobis Filium tuum
crucis patibulum subire voluisti,
ut inimici a nobis expelleres potestatem,
concede nobis famulis tuis,
ut resurrectionis gratiam consequamur.
This prayer was the Collect for this same day … Continue reading