You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- BLB Oregon said I have a very hard time with this question because...
- Robbie said I think having the priest face the altar rather th...
- LarryW2LJ said I only mentioned her, Fr. Z because I thought is s...
- mariadevotee said If he is retiring, we would love to have him in Na...
- Choirmaster said @semperficatholic: This is a very nicely written h...
- LarryW2LJ said Thanks Fr. Z! Like night and day from that trash t...
- Joe in Canada said Wonderful! I think sometimes that talking about ou...
- Scott W. said Thanks for posting this. A very timely article for...
- prolifemomri said Those of more willing to do than to pray, wait, tr...
- Athelstan said Hello Legis, I wager you weren’t the only on
- prolifemomri said Practically speaking, I’ve learned from sad...
- semperficatholic said Thanks for posting this. A very timely article for...
- Legisperitus said Honestly, when I was 6 years old and started readi...
- jaykay said Interesting about the black -v- red for senior/jun...
- pmullane said Supertradmum: “The route to holiness must be...
- Supertradmum said We have one priority. To cooperate with God to liv...
- dnicoll said As John Donne may have said: No man is an Iland, i...
- Athelstan said It’s true that the new translation is not pe...
- Midwest St. Michael said Oh man! Thanks for posting this, Fr. Z. :) As a l...
- pmullane said Yes! For someone trying to properly participate, M...
- Navarricano said E-mail duly sent, Father. And thank you very much...
- Supertradmum said Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias, and e-mail sent!
- No Naysayers at NASA: Responding to Bob Seidensticker - BIG PULPIT said [...] Arnold, Catholic Answers Fear Produces Satel...
- Joe of St Thérèse said The most ab libbed part of the Mass I have seen is...
- chriskelly said Father, referring to my previous post – do...
- Woodlawn said Fr. Z said: “Apparently the separation of ch...
- torch621 said @muckemdanno Yes they are in full communion with t...
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 28 April 2011
On Each trip to NYC I check out a new cuisine.
Tonight we are doing Ukrainian. Situated in the East Village, this is the sort of place I like. Unassuming.
Starting with borscht.
Beet and Horseradish salad.
Small blueberry thingy.
At the end…
Intentionally or unintentionally, this commercial is a good pro-baby advocate.
You can see why pro-abortion advocates are terrified of ultra-sound machines.
Technorati Tags: pro-life
Happy news was related to me via email.
One of WDTPRS’s favorite American bishops, His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma found a place for the FSSP in Broken Arrow, home of one of the great pitchers of all … Continue reading
From the Pasadena Star-News with my emphases and comments:
Claretian priest buried at the San Gabriel Mission is subject of recent petition for sainthood
By Brenda Gazzar,
SAN GABRIEL – Three decades after his death, a steady stream of visitors from around the … Continue reading
There are many who think that the beatification of John Paul II has come too quickly. It is too soon, they say, to have the proper perspective about the nexus of his pontificate and his life of heroic virtue. I … Continue reading
A friend alerted me to a fine rant by a priest, who has the unlikely name of Reverend Know-It-All. I hope our mail doesn’t get mixed up.
In any event, Rev. K-I-A has good observations about weddings. Weddings can be occasions … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
These 5 minute daily podcasts are intended to give you a small boost every day and a little insight into Easter and its Octave.
Today is Wednesday in the Octave of Easter. Happy Easter to all!
The Roman Station is … Continue reading