Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Unwilling: Having “imp ure thoughts 8221; and “des ires is “par t of who God created me to be”. We must change the wording of the Lord’ ;s Prayer: Lead us not into...
- frjimt: … dominus flevitR 30; just an intro to what the german mitre̵ 7;s will be offering next… ;. st john chrysostom : the road to hell is paved with priestR 17;s skulls
- aquinasadmirer: I’m reminded of something Fr. Richard Simon (of Relevant Radio) said about the term: gay. “Gay ? He’s not in a good mood.̶ 1; I agree with you Fr. Z. I despise...
- JustaSinner: Where is St. Ignatius when you need him?
- AutoLos: This was nice to see – not so nice to hear. Is he holding two hosts at the consecrati on??
- danus1317: “Oim oi,” as the ancient Greeks said. That video of the Pope pulling back his hand was hard to watch.
- Bellarmino Vianney: What is noteworthy is that *during* the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass (Calvary), one of Jesus̵ 7; servants (Dismas) rebuked someone who was profaning God and His Most Holy...
- Fr Martin Fox: Matthewp said: So question. At the end of the Mass, some people managed to kiss the ring. Now I’m really confused! Why did he recoil at it one time and allow it in another??? Perhaps...
- Joe in Canada: While I totally like the idea of an Easter Vigil that starts after sundown, I can’ t really understand how a practice that is a living memory for many people (albeit not me)...
- Gab: I really appreciate you doing these excellent podcasts, Father. Thank you. The descriptio n by St Ambrose of our Holy Mother is humbling. Very, very, humbling.
- robert hightower: Hello WmHesch, Beginning last year, certain FSSP parishes received permission to use the 1955 rites, one of which was Sacred Heart in the Fort Wayne, IN area. A friend of mine was...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Mario Bird: I think they’ ;re reenacting that scene from DisneyR 17;s Robin Hood. LITTLE JOHN (bowing to kiss his ring): And now, your mightiness , allow me to lay some protocol on you...
- Matt Robare: A couple of times I’ve been to Masses (one EF, one Ordinariat e Use) where the High Altar was used, but the Table Altar was left in place. I also know of a wealthy, subur...
- carndt: Thank you for sharing Daniel Mitsui’s Crucifixio n. He does such beautiful religious art. I have two of his drawings at home.
- WmHesch: I’m a big fan of a morning Easter Vigil when we fully restore the pre-1955 rites for two reasons: A) preservati on of the fast that begins with Good Friday; and B) let the actual celebra...
- andia: Prayers and fasting for Fr Rynne, and all priests
- VP: What a strange man.
- JamesA: I have never seen or heard of a pope doing something so uncharitab le. For many of those people, perhaps the only chance in a lifetime to meet the Roman Pontiff 230;and he does that. My...
- Sword40: About 13 years ago, our local pastor asked me if I could help him complete the last wishes of a parishione r who had just passed away. Seems he had gotten permission for a Requiem Mass....
- Amante de los Manuales: I noticed it especially starting at 1:12. Whatever the reason for it, it looks really, really bad.
- ex seaxe: This document :- http://www .diocesidi roma.it/ar chivio/201 9/cardinal e/19.03.01 .Lettera%2 0ai%20Sace rdoti%20su l%20Triduo %20Pasqual e.pdf?fbcl id=IwAR3TX nnEohKQexC xp9ucdx...
- Pius Admirabilis: I’m really struggling to retain composure. It does not matter whether the priest acted wrongly, if he is the greates jerk in history, and if Ms. Bennett is a real sweethe...
- Pius Admirabilis: Wow, Father, thank you for this article! That is honestly so cool! Just one question: You said that the “tra ditional 8221; point of time for the beginng of the Vigil...
- AureEntuluva: Thanks for such an in depth answer Father! Although I’m not the one who sent this question in, I recently wondered the same thing. I’m a bit concerned about my parish having the Vigil...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Jesuit-run homosexualist Amerika’s latest pro-sodomy blasphemy
- LENTCAzT 2019 21 – Tuesday of the 3rd Week of Lent: From the very threshold
- ALERT! Registration queue
- ASK FATHER: How early can the Easter Vigil begin?
- VIDEO: Francis’ Mass ad orientem at Loreto and… something else
- 25 March: Feast of The Good Thief, St. Dismas
- LENTCAzT 2019 20 – Monday of the 3rd Week of Lent: The angel’s greeting to Mary
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Pasta e ceci … with a quiz
- ASK FATHER: Bishop forces priest to use table altar instead of high altar for Extraordinary Form
- LENTCAzT 2019 19 – 3rd Sunday of Lent: Mass is not a souvenir
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 28 April 2011
On Each trip to NYC I check out a new cuisine. Tonight we are doing Ukrainian. Situated in the East Village, this is the sort of place I like. Unassuming. Starting with borscht. Next, Varenyky. Bigos. Beet and Horseradish salad. … Continue reading
Intentionally or unintentionally, this commercial is a good pro-baby advocate. You can see why pro-abortion advocates are terrified of ultra-sound machines. [wp_youtube]OxbRdxbBROI[/wp_youtube]
Happy news was related to me via email. One of WDTPRS’s favorite American bishops, His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma found a place for the FSSP in Broken Arrow, home of one of the great pitchers of … Continue reading
From the Pasadena Star-News with my emphases and comments: Claretian priest buried at the San Gabriel Mission is subject of recent petition for sainthood By Brenda Gazzar, SAN GABRIEL – Three decades after his death, a steady stream of visitors … Continue reading
There are many who think that the beatification of John Paul II has come too quickly. It is too soon, they say, to have the proper perspective about the nexus of his pontificate and his life of heroic virtue. I … Continue reading
A friend alerted me to a fine rant by a priest, who has the unlikely name of Reverend Know-It-All. I hope our mail doesn’t get mixed up. In any event, Rev. K-I-A has good observations about weddings. Weddings can be … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times. My emphases and comments: The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated … Continue reading
These 5 minute daily podcasts are intended to give you a small boost every day and a little insight into Easter and its Octave. Today is Wednesday in the Octave of Easter. Happy Easter to all! The Roman Station is … Continue reading