Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said If, before, I was certain that Islam is profoundly...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said A church in every county — from their lips t...
- StJude said I feel like I am watching the bible unfold before...
- robtbrown said It is problematic just how much early Christian co...
- VexillaRegis said The dyspeptic undertaker had a flare-up in his car...
- HyacinthClare said I’m horrified by the people who are posting...
- Cafea Fruor said Boss, shaking his head: “How many times do I...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Driver: What’s that book you’re readin...
- seattle_cdn said Aliens will travel to Earth in any sketchy van in...
- samgr said I expect Mrs. Pelosi to be ignorant of history, bu...
- inara said In keeping with the verse from Revelation, I came...
- Gregg the Obscure said The nuns on the bus have completed the knitting of...
- Fr Martin Fox said The Crystalline Entity was so excited to begin wor...
- rusynbyz said “Captain, sensors indicate there is a distor...
- SKAY said Kurtasur said- ” In the same manner, aren’t...
- Priam1184 said These people are lunatics, ideologically crazed lu...
- Southern Baron said The Viper pilots were stunned to learn that the tr...
- tzabiega said May I remind everyone why Hamas is in power. Unde...
- Gerard Plourde said I’m having difficulty finding a “good...
- Tamquam said Captain, I think we found the dilithum crystals.
- kurtmasur said @Kerry Kerry wrote: “Kurtmasur. Hello. “We a...
- kurtmasur said Well, I live on a border town with Mexico and I ha...
- Margaret said Outtake from the original “Muppet Movie̶...
- majuscule said Hope this isn’t off topic, the EF has been m...
- marcelus said with this piece I must disagree, if I’m allo...
- Bea said PUTTING “HOT” INTO THE “HOT ROD&...
- tzard said First shipment of new stealth infantry weapon. I...
- Long-Skirts said Sofia Guerra said: “Be prepared to explain...
- Geoffrey said I think I am one of the few not surprised by this....
- Athanasius said Following Pope Francis’ pledge to baptize th...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: April 2011
On Each trip to NYC I check out a new cuisine.
Tonight we are doing Ukrainian. Situated in the East Village, this is the sort of place I like. Unassuming.
Starting with borscht.
Beet and Horseradish salad.
Small blueberry thingy.
At the end…
Intentionally or unintentionally, this commercial is a good pro-baby advocate.
You can see why pro-abortion advocates are terrified of ultra-sound machines.
Happy news was related to me via email.
One of WDTPRS’s favorite American bishops, His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, Oklahoma found a place for the FSSP in Broken Arrow, home of one of the great pitchers of all … Continue reading
From the Pasadena Star-News with my emphases and comments:
Claretian priest buried at the San Gabriel Mission is subject of recent petition for sainthood
By Brenda Gazzar,
SAN GABRIEL – Three decades after his death, a steady stream of visitors from around the … Continue reading
There are many who think that the beatification of John Paul II has come too quickly. It is too soon, they say, to have the proper perspective about the nexus of his pontificate and his life of heroic virtue. I … Continue reading
A friend alerted me to a fine rant by a priest, who has the unlikely name of Reverend Know-It-All. I hope our mail doesn’t get mixed up.
In any event, Rev. K-I-A has good observations about weddings. Weddings can be occasions … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald comes this story about a saintly Pope in difficult times.
My emphases and comments:
The holy pope who lived on vegetable broth and crayfish
St Pius V (April 30), who excommunicated Queen Elizabeth, continued … Continue reading
These 5 minute daily podcasts are intended to give you a small boost every day and a little insight into Easter and its Octave.
Today is Wednesday in the Octave of Easter. Happy Easter to all!
The Roman Station is … Continue reading